Sullivan South @ Tennessee High

Mountain Lakes Championship Game  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Mountain Lakes Championship Game

Forget about the South - Tennessee High game, lets talk about those dusty old plaques in DB's trophy case's.

They don't hand those out any longer, do they? But, instead maybe you could print in real big numbers how bad DB beat South. OR maybe THS? Thats always real interesting.

When will the AP vote on that state champ? DB. 40+ years & counting.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't hand those out any longer, do they? But, instead maybe you could print in real big numbers how bad DB beat South. OR maybe THS? Thats always real interesting.

When will the AP vote on that state champ? DB. 40+ years & counting.

DB - 44................DB - 42

south - 0..............TH - 13

391...here's how it works. Cap sits and waits in ambush for the newbies to release classified information. You give him something important he gives you a little compassion...you give him something more important, he gives you a little more compassion...in the end you all tell him lots of important imformation...he gives you a little compassion. Hades, why don't you just go get the game plan from Stacy and come on here and post it for Cap and then when we are losing in the 4th he will give you a little more compassion...right before he serves you a nice portion of CROWE!

So let me finish it. Fletcher has a sprained ankle, Davenport has a level II concussion and is not cleared for the game yet, Neely has mono, Z has a stinger in his right shoulder blade up to his neck, and KK got caught with a gun in school. EVERYBODY HAPPY! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Now go ask Cap about the Viking injury list. Know what he will tell you? We got 3 years worth of dead CROWE and they have been condemed for consumption...just the way he knew we'd like it.

Learn to play this little game called CoachT or go back to Yahoo games.

Cap, just for the record and because you know I love ya, /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> but if we got any injuries it's the ones we are bringing to the 'Castle to give to you my 'Brutha! Check it out...it's on and you know it is on. You think them high dollar RB's you got 'gonna bulldoze us down...well we got some rock...I hope you got dinomite 'cause we got something special fo' yall. My little brothers on here done succered to your devious ways but Volman's got my back and you know Volman's got yo' number.

So don't be messin' with my young Rebels heads or we will tack another TD on that total. Rebel Nation. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I heard Coach Carter has Pneumonia too!!

"just wondering " how does DB get brought up in every south thread ?

Well, I like to think of DB as the Brittany Spears of East Tennessee. No matter what, they're always in the news, or in this case our message boards. It's a necessary evil.

At East Tennessee High School, DB is the pretty girl that is a drama queen. Yeah, she's pretty to look at but it's like "shouldn't she have won a championship or two sometime sorta recently?" You wish she'd tone it down a little bit. Then there's South. They're the cool guys who have a lot of friends and get a lot of girls but they always are nice to people. Like, we'll give Central lunch money when they need it or we'll help Unicoi with their homework. And then when lunch rolls around we get hot meals served by the Mama's House Raiders!

I talked to Clint's momma... he is done for the season! He has a partially torn ACL, capsular tear of the knee joint, and several minimal fractures of the tibia and fibula heads..... he is on crutches for 3 weeks - non weight bearing, then reevaluated early Nov. to decide the next course of action. (no surgery needed if things heal well!) Needless to say... he won't be playing again this season.... BUT HE WILL BE THERE TO CHEER HIS REBEL BROTHERS ON!!!!!!!!!!

I really hate to hear that for Clint. Rebels it is time to get it done, practice hard, play hard and stay focused!

You can't say that and mean it when over half the schools on our schedule/conference are 3A playing up....

And your point is? Have we not won aleast 95% of those games? I was just saying that the larger the school, the more athletes to choose from hence better teams, plus I was just trying to figure out why WaCo seems "driven" to celebrate the wins over a school that is a lower classification? Why not celebrate the bigger wins? I don't ever see any of our southeners, or anybody else for that matter, get on here and berate any of their opponents in such ways as posting the scores from years gone by. Wasn't trying to ruffle your feathers! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Rebel Nation!

The argument I was making was that South, unlike DB doesn't play teams from "the other side of Greenville" There are plenty of teams from the middle east tennessee area that are much better than the teams from upper east tn. South needs to take on some of these teams and maybe they wouldn't be so quick to jump on DB's back every time we lose in the playoffs. Put Knox Central, Fulton, Alcoa, Halls, or Austin East on your schedule. It will make South a better team in the years to come. You won't always beat these teams like you will Sullivan Central and Unicoi Co. but you will be ready to compete come playoff time. "Compete" is the key word.

Yes I for one would love to play some of those teams, as I am sure the entire coaching staff would also, but Central and Unicoi are in our conf. we have no choice but to play them. Now as far as our non-conf. games Boone, Greeneville, S.Hill all these teams are more reasonable as far as travel goes. Remember we don't have the resoures, that would afford us to make those longer trips, that DB has! Also who would DB play from this area there aren't any other 5a schools around so you have to go to knoxville area to play games.

Also you said "South" wouldn't be so quick to jump on your back, I for one haven't said anything about your record in the play-offs, nor has alot of the South faithful just because a couple do you attack the mass! And there is no doubt in my mind that this South team will "Compete"! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Anyway good luck friday night, I will be pulling for you guys to thump The Hill!

How many Sr.s does Tn. High start on "D"? On "O"?

Rebel Nation!!!!!!

Guys, it's not wise to get on a message board and talk about injuries to our players. Comp tried to relay this message to you yesterday. Let the opposition find it out the hard way, either by scouting or come Friday night. Don't be like Tn High and get on here crying about all the injuries. All teams have injuries. Some more than others of course. But, we shall overcome.

On a lighter note some Tn High fans might find the overall series record between these two teams surprising. Especially Cap who seems to thing we only started our football program 3 years ago. TH leads the series 17-12 with us winning the last 3 in a row. TH won 9 in a row before our 3 game streak. This means that before us "dropping the football program" for 8 years (TH won two games against us in '04) we actually held the series advantage 9-8 in the first 17 games played. So, we did play some football here at South before '05. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />