AAA Contest

MVM

I think there is a great deal of haves and have-nots, and it can very from district to district, and region to region. I think there will be upsets, but more so later in the tournament. There may be a dark horse out there, but picking it is a different matter...

I think that the upsets are more likely to occur in region and substate rather than in later rounds. Look at region 3 in 2006 where neither district champ advanced to region final or the 2007 region 3/4 substates where both region runner up teams advanced to state. You are correct however in that picking the dark horse is " a different matter..."

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't pick... I just copied MVM's. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

And because you copied my predictions....We can stop the contest now and declare "G" the winner!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I'll pick some upsets in Region 1 and 2.

Morristown West beats DB tonight (MW has only 2 loses - both to GV - and tied DB in the only game they played). DB had some health issues recently with their All-State forward - not sure if she's back in shape). Greeneville wins the region. Farragut beats OR (again) and loses to Bearden in the Region. Greeneville beats Farragut at home in Sectionals (Farragut barely got by GV 1-0 the first game on their narrow field - may be different story on Greenville's big home field). Greeneville makes it through the back door to States (possible, not probable, but makes it interesting)

Semi Winners: Morristown West, Greeneville, Bearden, Farragut, Cleveland, Soddy D, Riverdale, siegel, Beech, Hendersonville, Brentwood, Franklin, Bartlett, Arrlington, Collierville, Houston

Region Winners: Greeneville, Bearden, Soddy, Riverdale, Brentwood, Collierville, Arlington, Beech

Sectional Winners: Greeneville, Bearden, Soddy, Riverdale, Franklin, Brentwood, Collierville, Houston

I'll pick some upsets in Region 1 and 2.

Morristown West beats DB tonight (MW has only 2 loses - both to GV - and tied DB in the only game they played). DB had some health issues recently with their All-State forward - not sure if she's back in shape). Greeneville wins the region. Farragut beats OR (again) and loses to Bearden in the Region. Greeneville beats Farragut at home in Sectionals (Farragut barely got by GV 1-0 the first game on their narrow field - may be different story on Greenville's big home field). Greeneville makes it through the back door to States (possible, not probable, but makes it interesting)

Semi Winners: Morristown West, Greeneville, Bearden, Farragut, Cleveland, Soddy D, Riverdale, siegel, Beech, Hendersonville, Brentwood, Franklin, Bartlett, Arrlington, Collierville, Houston

Region Winners: Greeneville, Bearden, Soddy, Riverdale, Brentwood, Collierville, Arlington, Beech

Sectional Winners: Greeneville, Bearden, Soddy, Riverdale, Franklin, Brentwood, Collierville, Houston

Go Greenville....I love it when people are not afraid to pick their own team.

Semi Winners...

DB

Greenville

OR

Bearden

Cleveland

SD

Riverdale

Siegel

Beech

Hendersonville

B'Wood

Franklin

Barlett

Arlington

Houston

Collierville

Poster...................... Points

Theequalizer............. 16

Justafan.................... 16

Schsdad....................15

Don C..................... 15

MVM......................... 15

timbpd...................... 15

"G"........................... 15

Mr300....................... 14

Brsoccer................... 14

soccer67................... 14

Congrats to Theeq and Justafan 16 for 16.

Poster...................... Points

Theequalizer............. 16

Justafan.................... 16

Schsdad....................15

Don C..................... 15

MVM......................... 15

timbpd...................... 15

"G"........................... 15

Mr300....................... 14

Brsoccer................... 14

soccer67................... 14

Congrats to Theeq and Justafan 16 for 16.

It seems that it was either Farragut or Liberty that got everyone else.

These are the Region Winners

DB

OR

SD

Siegel

Hendersonville

Frankin

Arlington

Houston

Poster................Semi Pts......Region Pts...Total

Theequalizer............. 16........10------------26

Justafan.................... 16..........8------------24