IMAC (District 2 AAA) 2008-2009 Thread

raiderray

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is strange...... Maybe Cocke County forgot thier white ones?

I think the home team was determined by who was on the top part of the bracket in that particular game and not the higher seed.

Earlier I picked the four seeds out of the district to be: (1)West, (2) Cocke County, (3) Jefferson, and (4) Greeneville. The West and Cocke County game will probably be one of the best games of the year. I think that Cocke County will keep it close but West should pull it out it the end. Jefferson is playing very good right now and it is also on their home court. Plus, Greenville has got to be mentally stressed out to the point it will be hard to get totally focused on this game.

2 interesting match-ups tonight.

Game 1 - I believe you will see a very focused, angry and determined G'ville team. If Jeff can hold Nicole in check for the 1st half, it could be a close game. And the longer it goes, Jeff will have a better chance and a better chance for G'ville to implode. But I don't think that it will happen. It will be to hard to make that many 3's again for Jeff to win. Furthermore, I simply don't buy losing tonight gives you a better match up in the regional. I look for a solid G'ville win tonight and at Sullivan Central Friday. I look for Jeff to play hard at Science Hill, but it will be tough to win there. Science Hill is very athletic. I expect G'ville to be a very tough out at the Regional.

Game 2 - In Dec, after we lost to Mo West, Wade said that no one will remember this game come tournament time. After we lost in Jan, Johnny shot back and said, we will play each game and not look down the road. Well, it is time.

In the 4 losses since Christmas for the Lady Red, we have given up 26-32 points to the star of the team (and 2 of those 4 are Miss Basketball finalists and one of the others is Nicole). Simply cannot happen tonight. We can't let Taylor or Sidney have big games. I believe that we will have to hold them under 60 to have a chance, b/c I don't think we can get to 60. We must do the things that at times we struggle with: 1) rebounding - we can't get out muscled or in tonight's case, "out-quicked" to the ball and we can't let Taylor have defensive rebounds where she turns down court and becomes the point guard; 2) we have to finish - the quick hands of Mo West have deflected and intimidated us around the basket that we have missed so much in close in the 2 previous games; also we have to make some 3's to off set their strong 3 point shooting and we have to make free throws; and 3) while I believe all 9 in the rotation have to contribute for us to win and I believe strongly Shannon and Morgan will have to play big for us to have a chance.

Both teams need to play with focus - b/c Tenn High awaits the loser - a very good basketball team will go home Friday night.

As always, I hope for a 2-4 point game with 4 minutes to go. If so, I like our chances. I will go out on a limb (at least in CCHS's case) and claim a win for both on Friday.

Let's have no injuries and hope for consistent officiating.

2 interesting match-ups tonight.

Game 1 - I believe you will see a very focused, angry and determined G'ville team. If Jeff can hold Nicole in check for the 1st half, it could be a close game. And the longer it goes, Jeff will have a better chance and a better chance for G'ville to implode. But I don't think that it will happen. It will be to hard to make that many 3's again for Jeff to win. Furthermore, I simply don't buy losing tonight gives you a better match up in the regional. I look for a solid G'ville win tonight and at Sullivan Central Friday. I look for Jeff to play hard at Science Hill, but it will be tough to win there. Science Hill is very athletic. I expect G'ville to be a very tough out at the Regional.

Game 2 - In Dec, after we lost to Mo West, Wade said that no one will remember this game come tournament time. After we lost in Jan, Johnny shot back and said, we will play each game and not look down the road. Well, it is time.

In the 4 losses since Christmas for the Lady Red, we have given up 26-32 points to the star of the team (and 2 of those 4 are Miss Basketball finalists and one of the others is Nicole). Simply cannot happen tonight. We can't let Taylor or Sidney have big games. I believe that we will have to hold them under 60 to have a chance, b/c I don't think we can get to 60. We must do the things that at times we struggle with: 1) rebounding - we can't get out muscled or in tonight's case, "out-quicked" to the ball and we can't let Taylor have defensive rebounds where she turns down court and becomes the point guard; 2) we have to finish - the quick hands of Mo West have deflected and intimidated us around the basket that we have missed so much in close in the 2 previous games; also we have to make some 3's to off set their strong 3 point shooting and we have to make free throws; and 3) while I believe all 9 in the rotation have to contribute for us to win and I believe strongly Shannon and Morgan will have to play big for us to have a chance.

Both teams need to play with focus - b/c Tenn High awaits the loser - a very good basketball team will go home Friday night.

As always, I hope for a 2-4 point game with 4 minutes to go. If so, I like our chances. I will go out on a limb (at least in CCHS's case) and claim a win for both on Friday.

Let's have no injuries and hope for consistent officiating.

Very good post--while i will be pulling for West i think it will be a great game and i certainly wish CC the best after tonight. If West doesn't play better than they did Friday night they won't win. I too hope for no injuries and consistent officiating!

Very good post--while i will be pulling for West i think it will be a great game and i certainly wish CC the best after tonight. If West doesn't play better than they did Friday night they won't win. I too hope for no injuries and consistent officiating!

Well you know what they say, the hardest thing to do in sports is beat a team three times in a row.

This will be the third game and both have been close till the 4th quarter when Mo West just pulled away very easily, which should be scary for the Lady Red.

Big things to do for the Lady Red to win is just like was said earlier: finish around the basket which they didnt do in the home game against West, hit around 5 3pt's, and have all the hustle rebounds.

Morgan or Allie one need to have a big scoring night for the girls to win this one. They have been playing their worst ball of the season down the stretch. Will they pull it together in tourny time or just continue to slide??

Hope all the fans come out to Jeff tonight to support the girls. Two top teams in the state battling for the conference tourny...won't always see this as a Cocke County fan.

While you have a better view of West than the rest of the State has but many are picking West to not only come out of the IMAC butone of the fovorites in the State Tournament. if you would, could you give a brief thumbnail description of the School and without me going thru many of these posts, the other three teams to go to region. I appreciate it very much.

While you have a better view of West than the rest of the State has but many are picking West to not only come out of the IMAC butone of the fovorites in the State Tournament. if you would, could you give a brief thumbnail description of the School and without me going thru many of these posts, the other three teams to go to region. I appreciate it very much.

I will take a stab at it.

Morristown West - Great to solid at all starting positions, first three subs are quality, although usually only two subs get a lot of minutes. Post (Hall) is outstanding, Miss Basketball nominee. The two wings (Smith and Watson) can shoot the three, and are hard working defensive players. The two (Goins) is a slasher, pull up jump shooter with great hops. Both the starting (Fanney) and backup (Mayes) points do a great job of running the offense, starter is a penetrator, backup is more of a perimeter shooter. Scary point - only Watson is a Senior.

Cocke County - lots of size. Start 3 6 footers (or near 6 foot), an outstanding scoring point guard, and a gritty two guard. The 4 (Depew) is a threat from anywhere, outstanding rebounder and defender, good shooter, and leader of the team. In my opinion, they win ugly. They are tenacious (sp) on the boards, and work hard. Good post sub, decent perimeter subs. The starters do most of the work.

Greeneville - Outstanding (D1 signee) post, Nicole Dickson. IMO, she ought to play the three in college. Good wing (Shipley). Role players everywhere else, guard play is suspect, and can be pressured. Thin bench. Hard defensive team, will punish you crossing the lane.

Jefferson County - no size to speak of. Perimeter team. Point guard leads the team in scoring. Injuries have decimated the post position, they are playing with 2 posts, plus one injured post. Very quick team.

I am sure my fellow posters will add what they see as my oversights. The Greeneville fans will take offense at my comments about the guard play, and my indifference of anyone else besides Dickson and Shipley as scorers.

D1 #1 Sullivan Central

D2 #4 Jefferson Co.

Friday 2/27, 7:00 pm @ Sullivan Central

D2 #2 Cocke Co.

D1 #3 Tennessee High

Friday 2/27, 7:00 pm @ Cocke Co.

D2 #1 Morristown West

D1 #4 Sullivan South

Friday 2/27, 7:00 pm @ Morristown West

D1 #2 Science Hill

D2 #3 Greeneville

Friday 2/27, 7:00 pm @ Science Hill

I will take a stab at it.

Morristown West - Great to solid at all starting positions, first three subs are quality, although usually only two subs get a lot of minutes. Post (Hall) is outstanding, Miss Basketball nominee. The two wings (Smith and Watson) can shoot the three, and are hard working defensive players. The two (Goins) is a slasher, pull up jump shooter with great hops. Both the starting (Fanney) and backup (Mayes) points do a great job of running the offense, starter is a penetrator, backup is more of a perimeter shooter. Scary point - only Watson is a Senior.

Cocke County - lots of size. Start 3 6 footers (or near 6 foot), an outstanding scoring point guard, and a gritty two guard. The 4 (Depew) is a threat from anywhere, outstanding rebounder and defender, good shooter, and leader of the team. In my opinion, they win ugly. They are tenacious (sp) on the boards, and work hard. Good post sub, decent perimeter subs. The starters do most of the work.

Greeneville - Outstanding (D1 signee) post, Nicole Dickson. IMO, she ought to play the three in college. Good wing (Shipley). Role players everywhere else, guard play is suspect, and can be pressured. Thin bench. Hard defensive team, will punish you crossing the lane.

Jefferson County - no size to speak of. Perimeter team. Point guard leads the team in scoring. Injuries have decimated the post position, they are playing with 2 posts, plus one injured post. Very quick team.

I am sure my fellow posters will add what they see as my oversights. The Greeneville fans will take offense at my comments about the guard play, and my indifference of anyone else besides Dickson and Shipley as scorers.

Appreciate the information and 7AAA has a thumbnail of the District.