Riverdale coaching change? Coach A out? Rankin back in? rumor has it?

warrior82dad

yeah i saw that lol...i thought well said when i read yours too lol

Y'all BOTH put it much clearer than I did! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I was a History major and not an English major. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

back to the subject smyrna won the state 2 times with sonny and rod but both were out of zone they both were actually zoned to lavergne but started smyrna with an exemption when freshman. and for the others talkign about riverdale getting all the a one kids and all these other kids playing for blackman and siegel that would not have played at riverdale that is bs my son for example has went to every summer camp in the county as a middle schooler and has been ask by several to come to their school to play ball he could have played for any school in the county he is zoned for siegel and he loves it over there and would not play for anyone other than siegel win or lose and he is a top notch player as you all call them but most improtantly he is getting a great education and all the parents that are worried about these footballl teams wins and loses have got issues because before football the education should be the most important.... these coaches win or lose are tring to teach these kids how to play a game and if it is all about winning you all are missing it in life period because truely how many kids really make it when you average it out very few will from murfressboro. there have been some and there will be more but you all this isn't college nor is it the pros and if these kids are good enough they will make it look at the kids from siegel the so called 2nd and 3rd picks for riverdale their are kids that are in great colleges playing football but most of all they are getting a great education. and that is what matters.

back to the subject smyrna won the state 2 times with sonny and rod but both were out of zone they both were actually zoned to lavergne but started smyrna with an exemption when freshman. and for the others talkign about riverdale getting all the a one kids and all these other kids playing for blackman and siegel that would not have played at riverdale that is bs my son for example has went to every summer camp in the county as a middle schooler and has been ask by several to come to their school to play ball he could have played for any school in the county he is zoned for siegel and he loves it over there and would not play for anyone other than siegel win or lose and he is a top notch player as you all call them but most improtantly he is getting a great education and all the parents that are worried about these footballl teams wins and loses have got issues because before football the education should be the most important.... these coaches win or lose are tring to teach these kids how to play a game and if it is all about winning you all are missing it in life period because truely how many kids really make it when you average it out very few will from murfressboro. there have been some and there will be more but you all this isn't college nor is it the pros and if these kids are good enough they will make it look at the kids from siegel the so called 2nd and 3rd picks for riverdale their are kids that are in great colleges playing football but most of all they are getting a great education. and that is what matters.

I'm sure it is unintentional, but you made my point exactly.

Swami, I won??™t go as far as to say all kids are lazy because they are not. And not speaking for LOD but I don??™t think he feels this as well. But I see his point.

Go back to when you were a kid. Kids will test coaches, teachers, and parents. They will take it right to the limit which is accepted. If there is no one setting limits or expectation, as a kid, you believe you have no limits or expectation to behave right. Whose job is it to set those expectations?

As a coach, teacher or parent, it is our responsibility to provide guidance and knowledge, then enforce discipline and insure that the child understand there are consequences for their bad decisions or actions.

This is why; by law the child??™s actions are the responsible of the parents until they are 18. (In most cases)

I am older than dirt, so going back to when I was a kid is very difficult, lol. But I do remember that my parents taught me the limits of dealing with adults and in playing athletics. And I knew much better than to test a coach. Maybe some foolishness in class every once in a while, but never on the field, game or practice. And the last thing I would ever want my dad hearing about me was that someone, especially the coach, thought I was lazy.

So, as you said, the childs actions are the responsibility of the parents until they are 18, why are people getting on here and blaming the coach for lazy kids?

Im not trying to put words into LODs mouth but i think he meant...if you as a parent or a coach allow a kid to sit around the house and play playstation all day they will sometimes it takes a parent or a coach to get a kid to do something and get them away from the TV...I agree with you about the kids being accountable but some of that lies with parents as well if they play ball or not my son plays baseball and he works hard at it BUT if he didnt play baseball what would he do? If i were to let him he would lay around the house or a freinds house and do nothing but i as his dad as a coach if you let a kid be lazy in his workout he is going to but if you keep them motivated they wont Kids will do what is required of them some of them may do more and some of them may just do minimum and when they are football coaches need to stay on them I have an old saying I trust that he is going to do what he is suppose to but i am going to confirm that he is doing it. you know what i mean and i think this is what LOD meant by his statement

I do know what you guys are talking about, including LOD...and it brings me to my point that I figured I could get you to make for me. Kids of today are different from kids of the past. That being the case, shouldnt the argument against Coach A be that the times have past him up and not that he lacks discipline, or offensive imagination, or all those other things folks are saying? And to make logically make that argument, it must be conceded that he is not given the luxury of the athletes and the work ethic of athletes of past Riverdale teams? Because, in essence, that is the what many of you are saying in a very round about way, and then laying it at his feet as if he created the problem with the state of young athletes attitudes these days?

You are right, Rutherford county is tops in the state. But because of new schools opening up because of all the reasons I list, that is exactly why R'Dale is not the powerhouse it once was. You take one or two top notch players off of a team, it makes an impact. You take a few more and it makes for a difficult season. 10 years ago, if you played football in Rutherford County and you were a great talent, you did what it took to go to R'Dale. Brand new facilities and brand new buildings can lure a lot of kids away. You are correct about Smyrna, they did it within theor own zone, but they did it for only two years mainly because of two outstanding athletes. They have not dominated for two decades like R'dale. One or two players can make all the difference. The proof is in your very example. R'Dale isnt getting those kids in the numbers like they used to, for the very reasons I have stated.

Well get over it there 6 schools in rutherford county and two more on the way. thats life cities grow and you have to build more schools, thats life in america.

Well get over it there 6 schools in rutherford county and two more on the way. thats life cities grow and you have to build more schools, thats life in america.

Ummm...you didnt read my other posts...that is exactly what I am saying to those who are blaming it all on Coach A, when in fact it is the growth of the city and new schools opening up that is totally changing things.

Thanks for your support, lol.

Ummm...you didnt read my other posts...that is exactly what I am saying to those who are blaming it all on Coach A, when in fact it is the growth of the city and new schools opening up that is totally changing things.

Thanks for your support, lol.

lol I knew what you were saying I though you were complaining about the growth and additions of new high schools.

Well, I will respectfully bow out of the debate here. I will let the Riverdale folks take this on.

All I know is I do not like his offence. I'm not sure I think kids are different now. I think parents, teacher and coaches are not providing the same discipline.

Like you said in your post, you would be afraid for a coach or teacher to tell your parents you were being lazy because of what may happen. That fear is not there in a lot of the households anymore.

Well now today, if a coach or teacher goes to a parent and tells them their kid is being lazy, a lot of parents will get upset with the coach or teacher. HOW DARE YOU CALL MY KID LAZY?

Well, I will respectfully bow out of the debate here. I will let the Riverdale folks take this on.

All I know is I do not like his offence. I'm not sure I think kids are different now. I think parents, teacher and coaches are not providing the same discipline.

Like you said in your post, you would be afraid for a coach or teacher to tell your parents you were being lazy because of what may happen. That fear is not there in a lot of the households anymore.

Well now today, if a coach or teacher goes to a parent and tells them their kid is being lazy, a lot of parents will get upset with the coach or teacher. HOW DARE YOU CALL MY KID LAZY?

Amen. This happens everyday.

I agree i dont think kids are different these day I think adults are different these days, kids are shaped by adults and so if the today's athlete is soft or lazy or whatever adjective you want to use it is because the adults made them that way

Discipline breeds respect. Coach A did not bring discipline when he came on board and I truly believe that the guys on the team did not respect him or his vision. He might have brought alot of recruiting to the area but he sure let alot of guys pass by the wayside at the school. You also have to have leaders on the team to step up and I dont think anyone wanted to take on that role. I do not blame the guys I do blame the entire coaching staff which does start at the top. YOU HAVE TO MOTIVATE! any good coaching staff knows this. Please understand I am and will always be a warrior supporter no matter who is coaching, I just think a change needs to be made while it still can be. Good luck for a better season next year WARRIORS!