better site for state duals

luchador

If you are going to move the state duals there needs to be some logical reason for doing so.

1. Geographical: Nashville or Murfreesboro are as close to the middle of the state as you are going to get.

2. Which schools have a gym that will seat 2000 fans?

3. You need hotels and a variety of places to eat for the fans.

4. The host school needs to have a very active wrestling booster club that is experienced in hosting large tournaments and wrestling events.

In the Nashville area Brentwood High School and Father Ryan are the only schools that would meet the above mentioned criteria that I can think of.

With all due respect to Coach Blair's program and boosters, the gym at Brentwoood couldn't accomodate such a tournament. Remember that threemats need to be down with chairs for the athletes. Their gym just isn't big enough. We would have the same situation we have now, one mat off in the distance.

Guest cornpop

Why is everyone so aganst Clarksville hosting the duals. Every year that Clarksville has hosted they have made TSSAA money. The only people I have heard complain about the duals are mostly from the Chatt. area. Sorry we have made the three hour trip to you for years.

If money is the issue then I think most will agree that Chattanooga or Nashville would be the better choice. Also, just because Clarksville has done an OK job doesn't mean we shouldn't try to improve the state duals. There is room to improve as far as location, facilities and to increase revenues. This is not a knock on the fine people of Clarksville because they do give a good effort it's just that there are better choices and they should be considered by the TSSAA the next time they award the state duals.

Just a thought: Move the sate duals to David Lipscombs new Allen Arena and allow the Nashville Officials Association to run the tournament like they have the Grand Championships for several years. They do an excellent job with that tournament and it would allow them to showcase their superb ability to run a tournament in a wonderful new facility!!!!!!

cornpop,

There is nothing wrong with the job the Clarksville area has done for the duals. I am not against Clarskville hosting this event in principle. My grief comes from the size of the floor and the set up of the event. Out of necessity Mat 3 is place on the opposite side of the gym. It is not fan friendly for anyone to try to watch matches that far away for such an important event. Yeah, yeah I know that McKenzie Arena at the state involves distance, but I don't much like that either. There simply are other buildings that could have three mats side by side by side with the fans closer to the action. Dickson County, Lipscomb, Father Ryan just to name a few. Who has some others?