Region 5 vs Region 6 (1A matchups)

FridayMainEvent

1st Round Winners  

92 members have voted

1. 1. 1st Round Winners

My Picks: (I hate doing this because I know nothing about region 6)

*I am going to do it this way, because like the last 3 weeks I have been right on my picks lol*

So:

Cascade--in a big way. Offense is VERY good.

JB-- Defense is VERY good.

MTCS--Cause I don't pick against them. Haven't all year and won't long as we keep playing.

and McEwen--Look at what they did to us. I was quite impressed. Beat us worse than anyone else. Gotta say there is a reason behind that.

**So yes, I am biased by picking all Region 5 teams. But, honestly this season Region 5 probably had 5 and at times 6 teams that could be playoff worthy. I may be wrong come Friday night around 10pm...but until then I will support the Region I know. LOL Go 5!!!**

cwood is better than region 5's 3rd and 4th place team and cwood didnt even make the playoffs

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cwood is better than region 5's 3rd and 4th place team and cwood didnt even make the playoffs

.......and your basing that on what? Have you seen McEwen play this year? Have you seen MTCS play? Any common opponents? I could easily make the same statement that Forrest is better than your 3 and 4 seeds. Don't have any proof of it, but at least our team did play your 3 seed (Moore County) and Forrest. Forrest would beat them like a drum!

.......and your basing that on what? Have you seen McEwen play this year? Have you seen MTCS play? Any common opponents? I could easily make the same statement that Forrest is better than your 3 and 4 seeds. Don't have any proof of it, but at least our team did play your 3 seed (Moore County) and Forrest. Forrest would beat them like a drum!

i agree with you that he has no evidence to support his claim, and therefore it is incorrect.

that wouldnt work out well for mtcs

Yeah you have no clue about Philip Shadowens do you? LOL

He's one of the meanest people I know, and TRUST me I know!! LOL! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

My Picks: (I hate doing this because I know nothing about region 6)

*I am going to do it this way, because like the last 3 weeks I have been right on my picks lol*

So:

Cascade--in a big way. Offense is VERY good.

JB-- Defense is VERY good.

MTCS--Cause I don't pick against them. Haven't all year and won't long as we keep playing.

and McEwen--Look at what they did to us. I was quite impressed. Beat us worse than anyone else. Gotta say there is a reason behind that.

**So yes, I am biased by picking all Region 5 teams. But, honestly this season Region 5 probably had 5 and at times 6 teams that could be playoff worthy. I may be wrong come Friday night around 10pm...but until then I will support the Region I know. LOL Go 5!!!**

No reasoning. I have read in some places that Forest could have beaten WC after they beat us. Well, we beat Forest and then everyone starts throwing out that we are 2 to 3 score underdogs Friday night. But the CWood statement...I'll ignore that. With no reasoning or details it is irrelevant.

Yeah you have no clue about Philip Shadowens do you? LOL

He's one of the meanest people I know, and TRUST me I know!! LOL! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Eek, Scarey! Please don't hurt us! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Waynesboro is a good team playing at home where they almost always play well....no close game here

I guess that all of the Region 5 playoff teams should be glad that collinwood is staying home /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

that is true, collinwood could play with anybody in region 5

No reasoning. I have read in some places that Forest could have beaten WC after they beat us. Well, we beat Forest and then everyone starts throwing out that we are 2 to 3 score underdogs Friday night. But the CWood statement...I'll ignore that. With no reasoning or details it is irrelevant.

yall beat forest good job but W/C and forest are way different trust me u will find out after friday night

Reasons why MTCS can beat Wayne County:

- The don't/rarely turn the ball over. Bartilson has thrown 4 picks. Wade has fumbled some punts, but I dont think he has fumbled a run (and that is 230+). Compton fumbled 2 in the McEwen game (i think we had 4 that night).

- Bartilson can manage the game. He has done a fantastic job at giving the Cougars exactly what they need, especially since the McEwen game. Whether it is CA where he threw for 200 yds, and a touchdown. WHH where he threw 2 TD, or Forrest where he came up with big third down completions all night. He has done excellent job maturing as the season has gone on.

- Dillon Wade is a hoss. He may not be the prettiest, toughest, fastest, or strongest runner in the region, but he gets his. Over 230 carries, and 1200 yards almost. He just continues to carry the rock over and over. One thing that I think has helped him, is that they have found a way to take him off the defense without hurting there. If he can be a offensive only player, like he has been for several weeks, he becomes even more dangerous.

- The defense will flat out hit you in the face, and come up with big plays. 11 INT (2 for TD) and 10 FR... that is 21 takeaways. This defense is very good. They have had their bumps (McEwen) but they are one of the best tackling defenses I have seen in a while. They just dont miss many, and like someone said earlier, there are 11 around the ball every play. Brunsvold and Coats are monsters inside with both having over 100 total tackles on the year. I think if Wayne County is going to have success it is going to be by formationing them to death. MTCS will come in well prepared and ready to play smash mouth football.

- Coaching. A lot of people have said this doesnt matter, or Coach Shad is overrated, but numbers dont lie. Take this years roster and last years roster and you will find the same exact players (except for 1 transfer, but he is injured for the year). An offseason and summer program like they had never experienced. 3-a-days and team camp. Practice tempo and pace. Just little things that has made this team better that was not there at any point in these kids life. It is a shame that they are just now getting a good Coach, because the talent has been here. Coach Shad knows how to win and knows how to coach his boys up. I think they will take on the underdog role and play their butts off Friday night. Win or Lose the season has been a success, but they are hungry for more and I know for a fact they will be prepared by Coach Shad, Robbins, Mitchell, Roberts, and the others.

I am a Cougar fan I guess, but I think I am very unbiased. They are a fun team to watch and always play a good close game, no matter what.

In response to Perry Co comparrisons, I think you can throw that garbage out the window. I heard that a few players had quit PC and it is much different playing on opening night when there is hope and promise than playing Week 9 when youre ready for girlfriends and basketball season. MTCS gave up an opening kickoff touchdown anyway, take that away and the score is 28-7. I think MTCS was obviously the better team, and didnt even have in all their offense or defense as you can see it has expanded since then.

Now after saying all this the Cougars might come out, play flat, and just be happy with the playoffs. But I would think and hope not.

our qb has only thrown 4 pics and one was at the end of a half when we was just throwin it up tryin to score before half and another bounced off our receiver's chest.....you wanna talk smash mouth football wait till you try tacklin one of our three backs......the cats are averaging 31 pts per game.....and givin up 12 pts per game....they have outscored opponents 310 to 123 with 34 of those points given up comin on the younger kids late in the game.....there first two games were agaist two playoff 2a teams....not too bad