Clinton at Rhea County

As long as the Athens crew doesn't show up, I'll be happy with the officiating. That bunch is incompetent to say the least. This crew lost the down and distance between the first and second quarters of the Rhea/McMinn game and refused to listen to the side judge that had it correct. They deserved every boo and sarcastic cheer following a Rhea first down thereafter.

Then again, that blocked game-winning PAT against Soddy while 5 yards offsides helped too. Have to wonder if that was the same crew. Officiating has been pretty rough this year.

I have a feeling they will be from athens. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" I hope not, but probably will be. The Soddy game crew wasn't at the McMinn, but they too were from Athens. I hope they don't even consider that crew from the McMinn game for play-offs.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a good game this week in Evensville. RheaCo, any updates on our injured players?

Our fans do a good share of hollerin' at the zebras, but I haven't heard any obscurities coming from the fans around me. That is classless and tasteless. We simply make a lot of noise. I don't know if I would say that we have a hostile environment, but we can get a little loud at times (Soddy). All in all, Bill Horton Stadium is a great place for high school football. We haven't gotten but one home playoff game in a few years, but I expect a good turnout of fans to support our green and gold.

At the sight of the dancing football! Rhea County 34 Clinton 28

Looks like a good game this week in Evensville. RheaCo, any updates on our injured players?

Right now looks like everyone will be back except Henschen who is out for the rest of the season. I hate it for Henschen, just when he was starting to turn it on too. But Henschen I have a feeling is going to have a very big year next year.

How can I deny or acknowledge the fact about steriod use when I have never personally seen it? Have you personally witnessed such? And if so, why did you not report it to the appropriate authorities? Just speculation or hear say on your part? Afraid to be held accountable for the untrue statements you make? Any excuse for a loss, I guess. (Oh, they were bigger and stronger than us...must be the steriods.) Here's a thought...maybe those kids busted their behinds in the weight room over the summer??!!!! Why are you apologizing to the Clinton faithful when you should be apologizing for spreading ugly tales that you can not verify about the Mavericks, to the Mavericks.I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't think Clinton, at this point in the season, could handily beat the Mavs. We'll just agree to disagree on that point. You make "steroid" comments then come around with comments like "I stooped to the level of a Maverick" and you wonder why both teams"hate" each other. Well, at least you are man enough to wish the Mavs your "best" in the game against Carter. And you are correct, I will always feel the Mavs are the better team. On and off the field.

i have worked with and talked to several maverick players who have confirmed it, ive never gone to an official for two reasons prolly wouldnt help because its pretty well known around the county and nothing is done. i have never personally seen the use but ive heard countless times about it, way too many to just be a rumor and from ppl who have nothing to gain by saying it.i didnt say that was the only reason they won, yes the last few years theyve out athleted and outcoached clinton. i think clinton is on the rise and AC is on the decline though and next year will be there year. im sure to you that sounds like a broken record and i know you hear the same thing every season but a streak has to begin and end somewhere. i have said some things out of anger, some of which were out of line as i said earlier and yes some because im bitter, its horrible to never beat your biggest rival. but i just can have no respect for AC, i guess its all apart of being a dragon, just like as a mav you have a hard time liking clinton, its just our nature. I want to be straight with you, i apoligize whole heartedly for the statements, i will make no more and id like it if you returned the favor. this thread isnt supposed to be about personal feelings its supposed to be about rhea and clinton and ive gotten away from that. so lets just get back to the issue at hand.

Clinton D needs some work but if stone gets hot there is no one stoping him i think this will be a very high scoring game. Rhea County has always had class and i respect them for that. I think people will be surprised at how well these 2 teams match up. I looked at tape from Rhea County and I may be wrong but i think this game will be a great first round game and either one of the teams can pull it out.

Clinton D needs some work but if stone gets hot there is no one stoping him i think this will be a very high scoring game. Rhea County has always had class and i respect them for that. I think people will be surprised at how well these 2 teams match up. I looked at tape from Rhea County and I may be wrong but i think this game will be a great first round game and either one of the teams can pull it out.

GO EAGLES GO EAGLES GOOOOOOOO!

I am a big Dragon fan and i will be at the game friday night cheering on my dragons, but i have to tell it like it is. I dont know what type of attitude Clinton is going to show up with. After losing the way we did friday night, i dont know if we are going to come out with something to prove or come out and just go through the motions.

I am a big Dragon fan and i will be at the game friday night cheering on my dragons, but i have to tell it like it is. I dont know what type of attitude Clinton is going to show up with. After losing the way we did friday night, i dont know if we are going to come out with something to prove or come out and just go through the motions.

As a Rhea County fan, I hope your team just goes through the motions. I'd love to see our boys advance but I know you feel the same for Clinton.

Little tip for visiting Clintonites - if you get there and the lot looks full, go past the stadium and there is additional parking immediately past the stadium - in other words, you'll be parking alongside the stands, sort of. And the stands you're parking alongside are the visitor's stands so it might be more convenient for you anyway.

Travel safely and we'll see you there!