Centennial @ Gallatin

ambiguousrock

I hope that Lassiter's reverting to the old "run and run" offense of last week was more about not showing much on film than it was a gameplan going into the playoffs. And I think it was. Coaching has been pretty darn good this year. I love when we go into games with the expectation that a phenom athelete is going to have their way with us. It usually motivates the defensive unit, and they rarely abandon their jobs. It does happen though. Rodriguez Wilkes had a hayday with Gallatin's secondary last year. And the year before, that receiver from Ravenwood showed that one person's speed can beat an entire team's speed. Aside from this "Chaz" character, Centennial has the revenge factor going into this game. But I will say it again. If this defense for CHS isn't stellar, Gallatin's offense is going to be on the field a whole lot. And speaking of incredible atheletes, we DO have a 1000 yard back over here at Gallatin... And does anyone know Matthews' final stats for the regular season? (Gwave, I know you do). And we also have a pretty strong receiving core... 3 guys over 6'2", and can all catch the ball and make plays. Ahh, the 5A playoffs. How bittersweet it is to play Williamson County every year. Oh, and to whomever commented earlier that Gallatin would not make the playoffs if they played in region 6: .....Look at Gallatin's record over the last couple decades. They have made the playoffs virtually every year no matter who has been on their schedule.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

should be a good game

it will be interesting to see how centennial can match on defense against a team who runs out of shotgun

from what it sounds like, offensively speaking, centennial will be playing a scheme similar to their own when they line up in shotgun

i'm not worried about the threat of the pass

centennial has proved that they can stop the pass so if gallatin trys to throw against the same speed of centennials backfield the will fail

its a toss up

plain and simple

Two questions about Gallatin...

Just how big is number 78? He looks massive and is number 9 the QB? I heard he is quite the athlete.

#7 is the Qb Matthews he has rushed for 871 yards and passed for 845.

#78 Price Walker is about 6-3 350lbs.

#9 is Perry. He is the backup QB, Db, and punt returner.

Gonna be no surprise that as we scheme for Chaz Scales, Centennial will be schemeing to stop Matthews.

What are Scales's stats and the runningback's?

As long as Gallatin has a great practice this week they wont have any trouble.

The starting RB and one of the starting WR's was injured and did not play in the mcgavock game.

we should be set, and i agree cody #7 is very underated so is the o-line for the greenwave...

I hope the team has that same attitude /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

As long as Gallatin has a great practice this week they wont have any trouble.

The starting RB and one of the starting WR's was injured and did not play in the mcgavock game.

we should be set, and i agree cody #7 is very underated so is the o-line for the greenwave...

I hope the team has that same attitude /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Gonna be no surprise that as we scheme for Chaz Scales, Centennial will be schemeing to stop Matthews.

First I am for region 6-5a teams(willismson co) and I hope they beat gallatin but to those gallatin fans take note chs has not one a dignature game all year and I think they have beatin only one team with a winning record (RHS) and beat a 5-5 Siegal team, they are a dangerous team on offense scales can beat you with his talent and they have a runnin back tandem with 1000 yds

Gallatin has seen speed like chs this year but this speed goes with well effiecient schemes coaching.

Chs better be able to stop gallatin on offense

I predicited chs but wouldn't be surprised it wave win it.

First I am for region 6-5a teams(willismson co) and I hope they beat gallatin but to those gallatin fans take note chs has not one a dignature game all year and I think they have beatin only one team with a winning record (RHS) and beat a 5-5 Siegal team, they are a dangerous team on offense scales can beat you with his talent and they have a runnin back tandem with 1000 yds

Gallatin has seen speed like chs this year but this speed goes with well effiecient schemes coaching.

Chs better be able to stop gallatin on offense

I predicited chs but wouldn't be surprised it wave win it.

CHS at Gallatin - Rd 1

Very good match up. Two teams with a ton of talent and apparently speed on both teams. I have not seen Gallatin this year, but I have seen Centennial a couple of times this year and they do have SPEED! Not sure if Gallatin knows what is about to hit them. Last year, Gallatin was very young and faced another potent team in Independence. My Indy boys ran them off the field by half time. Thing is, CHS team is a ton faster than last year's Indy team. As for coaching, Coach M at CHS will have his boys fired up and ready. I'm sure the same can be said of Coach Lassiter at Gallatin. I may have to make the trip out that way to see this one. Since my boys are getting ready for '09, sadly, I will be cheering on all of our county's teams this week and throughout the playoffs. Strange that the last year of Region 6-5A, that all the teams are from Williamson County. Going to look strange next year with the new regions and splits between the levels.

All the best to these two teams...wish for a good game and all to be injury free.

Prediction:

CHS 27

GHS 20

After reading over this thread, it looks like this will be a very interesting matchup for CHS. From the sound of it, it sounds like Gallatin runs pretty much the same style offense as the Cougars. CHS has traditionally defended this offense pretty well, and from the sound of it so has Gallatin. Because these two teams are so evenly matched, it is important to execute the little things well; sticking your blocking assignments, finishing your tackles, avoiding penalties, etc. Whichever team can execute this better and play mistake free football will win this game.

eh didnt see his stats from franklin but he was right around the same as matthews's stats through 9 games so he is probably 900+ passing, 850+ rushing now

CHS at Gallatin - Rd 1

Very good match up. Two teams with a ton of talent and apparently speed on both teams. I have not seen Gallatin this year, but I have seen Centennial a couple of times this year and they do have SPEED! Not sure if Gallatin knows what is about to hit them. Last year, Gallatin was very young and faced another potent team in Independence. My Indy boys ran them off the field by half time. Thing is, CHS team is a ton faster than last year's Indy team. As for coaching, Coach M at CHS will have his boys fired up and ready. I'm sure the same can be said of Coach Lassiter at Gallatin. I may have to make the trip out that way to see this one. Since my boys are getting ready for '09, sadly, I will be cheering on all of our county's teams this week and throughout the playoffs. Strange that the last year of Region 6-5A, that all the teams are from Williamson County. Going to look strange next year with the new regions and splits between the levels.

All the best to these two teams...wish for a good game and all to be injury free.

Prediction:

CHS 27

GHS 20

See here's the problem. All the Independence fans have only one camparison for Gallatin. Independence last year was a very good team. Gallatin had one of their weakest in the last 30 years. But we still made the playoffs by beating teams that we should not have. Independence beat Gallatin like a drum, we had no answer heck we shouldn't have even been playing, but Gallatin found a way. Recent years in the playoffs have also found the Green Wave exiting early. 2006 was devastating. Gallatin had a championship type team but with the Qb getting hurt and a breakdown in coverage cost the Green Wave advancement. Gallatin has been very one dimensional or more ultraconservative the last few years. I have never liked playing not to get beat but rather just going out and do what you do and see if the other team can stop it. The comparison is understandable but very misleading. Only 3 other teams in 5-A ball have more wins than Gallatin in the playoffs: Oak Ridge, Riverdale and Germantown, and Gallatin has more games played than Riverdale and Germantown. I realize this is a what have you done for me lately crowd, but come on now how about a little respect. I think it has been earned repeatedly. If anyone thinks this Green Wave squad looks anything remotely like last years team....then your in for a shock. Not saying Gallatin will win but this game will not resemble last years playoff appearance either.

eh didnt see his stats from franklin but he was right around the same as matthews's stats through 9 games so he is probably 900+ passing, 850+ rushing now

Chaz Scales is 63-105 passing with 1113 yards, 14 touchdowns and 8 interceptions. On the ground he has 817 yards on 88 carries with 11 touchdowns.

To answer someone's earlier question about the running backs; Tony Kemp has 630 yards on 79 carries with 6 touchdowns, while Raymond Jackson has 464 yards on 95 carries with 5 touchdowns.

Chaz Scales is 63-105 passing with 1113 yards, 14 touchdowns and 8 interceptions. On the ground he has 817 yards on 88 carries with 11 touchdowns.

To answer someone's earlier question about the running backs; Tony Kemp has 630 yards on 79 carries with 6 touchdowns, while Raymond Jackson has 464 yards on 95 carries with 5 touchdowns.

Thanks for the info.

Both of these teams appear very similar. Bass will be the best kicker we have seen. Gallatin usually has an edge in that departmnet but not this time. Runningbacks and yardage are very close. Haha even our defenses are similar. Main difference I see is the speed factor which I dare say ya'll have that advantage every week.

Calling for rain at least in the morning hours Friday but I would expect a very large crowd.