Campbell Co. Cougars vs Ooltewah Owls

CougarTrav02

Well the Cougars (5-5 , 2-4) take a long trip down I-75 to Ooltewah (8-1, 7-0), Ooltewah has a very strong sound team, only couple points shy of a perfect season. The Owls have a very good shot at state this year. For the Cougars in their 3rd playoff appearance in the last 5 seasons, hope to get their first playoff win, though its not gonna be easy. Wish I could attend this game myself, if I could get off next Friday. For now though I'll go with the Owls in their Nest.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Owls will win.How much?who knows..better learn how to throw the football,though. Ooltewah can run the ball,but sooner or later,the owls will run into a very good defense,that will stop the run and the pass.Guess what? OWLS go HOME!!!! just hope its in the state championship and the owls can pull it out some how.If not,it will be very dissapointing. Let's take one game at a time and hope for the best.

Owls will win.How much?who knows..better learn how to throw the football,though. Ooltewah can run the ball,but sooner or later,the owls will run into a very good defense,that will stop the run and the pass.Guess what? OWLS go HOME!!!! just hope its in the state championship and the owls can pull it out some how.If not,it will be very dissapointing. Let's take one game at a time and hope for the best.

hmm Cougars and the Owls are both a good at the run but lacking at the pass

hmm Cougars and the Owls are both a good at the run but lacking at the pass

Ooltewah is on a different level than Campbell County. Do you realize how many points the Owls have scored the last three weeks against Farragut,Oak Ridge and Soddy Daisy? Here's a hint....Ooltewah will hang 50+ on Campbell County

and I promise Campbell County will doing nothing against the Owl defense.

Ooltewah is on a different level than Campbell County. Do you realize how many points the Owls have scored the last three weeks against Farragut,Oak Ridge and Soddy Daisy? Here's a hint....Ooltewah will hang 50+ on Campbell County

and I promise Campbell County will doing nothing against the Owl defense.

Lets let the Owls do the math on the field I honestly hate eating crow...........Go Owls!

There is one glaring difference offensively in this matchup. Both teams run exclusively, but Ooltewah is much better at running the ball. They've got better athletes, faster, stronger, and more players on their team. Campbell County doesn't have much depth, if they lose any one guy, then he will be very hard to replace. Their players that wear single digits are the best athletes on the team. I believe that Ooltewah will run the ball very hard, and score early and often. Campbell County can't play well from behind, and their offense does not allow for it. They are option football, 100% of the time. They attempted 6 passes when I saw them play against Science Hill, and the stat was 0-6. The 1st pass was an interception, and the other 5 did not come until it was emergency time and the clock was working against them. Hopefully, after Ooltewah is ahead by multiple scores, CC will come out and try to establish the running game. The clock will work against it, but if they sling it all over the field, that will lead to turnovers, and Ooltewah will have the clock running the whole second half if they get extra opportunities, via turnovers. The best chances for a W in region 1 come in the McMinn Co at DB matchup, and the Soddy Daisy/Bearden game. Farragut has too much for Science Hill, and Campbell County just needs to try to get out of Ooltewah without the assistance of a running clock.

Region 1: DB over McMinn, Bearden in a sqeaker over SD (Young is just too good, and Potter ain't bad either).

Region 2: Farragut beats SH by multiple TD's (but the score doesn't reflect how close it will be), and Ooltewah starts its JV at the beginning of the 2nd half in a tuneup game against CC.

I'm not afraid to say it. This will be a waltz...

You are correct,OWLY!! Ooltewah will beat the living daylights out of Campbell co. I hope the coaches do one of 2 things or both:SUB from start to finish(gotta rest polk)....or put in back-ups well before the owls are up by 35 or 40,sooner or later,it while bite you in the arse!!