#8 waverly vs. #1 Lewis Co.

They may, but when you guys played us, you didn't steam roll, took a late interception return of 90 yards to beat us.

i dont think this is about HC is it? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

wow i like how everybody post on this forum about a different game and when it comes down to this game LEWIS COUNTY will just kill waverly and there aint no doubt about it

No....there IS no doubt about it..... /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the year was 2002. Lewis County had played Harpeth early in the season and romped over them in a no contest. We played them early in the playoffs and really had no reason to expect nothing but the same. We felt confident that they could not stop our offense and as the game progressed, they didn't. We ran for well over 300 yards and scored 35 points. What we didn't expect was that Harpeth was going to develop a pasing game between the two games that was going to give us fits. They aired it out, exploited our weakness and threw for over 300 yards and we escaped with a 35-28 victory.

I feel our team has gotten better every week this season and right now we are playing very well. I also know that Waverly has improved as well. I also know that they are throwing the ball very well.

Honestly, I am not sure that Waverly can stop our ground game with consistency. But I also fear the Tigers ability to throw the ball. I do not expect another 37-0 game. I suspect that Waverly will be a much more formidable opponent this time around.

Now back to my rest.

Notre Dame fans of old were the last folks to have as much "blind optimism" as you display on here. You lost the first LC game 37-0. Do you really think you stand a chance in this one?

LC 35 Waverly 7

Yes, I do. Can't explain because Coach told me not to give reasons. I will after the game. But trust me, this game will be totally different than the first. May not win, but it will be close.

I believe the year was 2002. Lewis County had played Harpeth early in the season and romped over them in a no contest. We played them early in the playoffs and really had no reason to expect nothing but the same. We felt confident that they could not stop our offense and as the game progressed, they didn't. We ran for well over 300 yards and scored 35 points. What we didn't expect was that Harpeth was going to develop a pasing game between the two games that was going to give us fits. They aired it out, exploited our weakness and threw for over 300 yards and we escaped with a 35-28 victory.

I feel our team has gotten better every week this season and right now we are playing very well. I also know that Waverly has improved as well. I also know that they are throwing the ball very well.

Honestly, I am not sure that Waverly can stop our ground game with consistency. But I also fear the Tigers ability to throw the ball. I do not expect another 37-0 game. I suspect that Waverly will be a much more formidable opponent this time around.

Now back to my rest.

great point Don!! That's the reason they play the game. On paper, Waverly can forget it. But in heart, it's an even game. Good luck to both teams and hope for no injuries.

The head coach discussing strategy with the radio announc /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> er. Rofl That is just to funny.

Where do you see the coach is discussing strategy? You guys try to read too much into things. He and I talk a lot, but there are some things that he and I talk about that we don't repeat because we do discuss situations not because I have input but because I love the game and I also need information to know why something happens the way it does. Now, what I'm talking about has nothing to do with any of the above. In fact, what I'm talking about, someone has already talked about on this board. But I wasn't about to discuss it. I've contacted the person who did it and told them to not say anything else because it could be useful information and Coach Graves did not want it discussed. Now, I know I'm talking around the block but I do keep confidences when told. I like to consider myself and Coach Graves good friends and he is one coach I trust.

I'm not sure what is shocking about a coach and radio announcer communicating.

It happens all the time. I really don't know where some of these bozos come from. In fact I had said that I wasn't going to announce games this year. But I had a lot of people ask me to come back. but the clincher was when Coach Graves called me asked for me to reconsider and come back. I really respect him and decided then to do it.

Well I talked to a hand full of people today and I dont think there is going to be a big crowd coming to the game.. I dont understand why people wouldnt want to come out for the game, Waverly makes the play-offs and people just want to sit at home. Littlegar, long time no see..

He only comes out to question me. It shows in his posts too!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> After a point you get used to people who disappoint you.

Yes, I do. Can't explain because Coach told me not to give reasons. I will after the game. But trust me, this game will be totally different than the first. May not win, but it will be close.

wow...."coach told me not to give reasons".....that sounds pretty top secret....do you have all of that classified information in a brief case secured to your wrist with handcuffs? /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />