#8 waverly vs. #1 Lewis Co.

wrong buddy JV didn't come in until like 4:30 left in the 4th so don't say nothing like that. I was there on the field

Correct B team didn't come in until it was 41-0. Congratulations Lewis County. You have a great team. Sorry we didn't put up much of a fight tonight. didn't play with the same intensity as we did with Camden. I would say that if we had of not had the touchdown called back tying the game at 7, I believe it would have been a different game. Turnovers and stupid penalties made it a blow out. But without the turnovers you still would have won.

I still say that you will have trouble against a really good passing team and Waverly did exploit some of that. Not a lot of yards but we had a lot of dropped passes too.

I do think that #4 is a good player, but he needs to lose the attitude. My wife had someone apologize to her for the way that LC players acted tonight. LC, you have a great team, but lose the attitudes please.

Ddaddy, where were you? You were supposed to bring me a shirt. Good luck, LC the rest of the way.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether or not u think he is a good sportsmanship or not he is moving on to the next round and from what i could see he was helping players up and other things. So before u say things u should pay attention to the little things. O ya by the way when he was not kneeling down and one of your fans was cryin he was stretchin his shin muscle from where he had been hit in it. So before u accuse one of my friends u need to find out the real facts before u speak.

Observations:

Lewis County was penalized 13 times for over 100 yards. Waverly 5 for 44.

The officiating was horrid and I mean that for both sides. Waverly had a player injured and the officials called their coaches out to check on him. They helped him off and the head linesman asked the Waverly coach if he was going to call a timeout, he said no. He asked him again and he said no, I am not. The ref then flagged him... crazy!

On one of our dozen plus penalties, Coach Sharp was pointing across the field at the flag lying on the ground when the side judge told him not to be pointing at him! Coach Sharp told him he was pointing at the flag and he told him not get smart with him.

I watched the game from under the goal posts and witnessed this kind of behavior from these two men all night, on both sides of the field. I am not telling anyone that we didn't commit 13 infractions, I am telling everyone that both teams put up with ridiculous behavior from the officiating all night long.

I thought Waverly was one of the toughest teams we had faced. They were the most physical team we have played. They were far from the team we had beaten earlier in the season. They had a few bad breaks or could have made it closer. And yes, they did drop several passes in the opening quarter but I thought our defense really stepped it up afterwards.

Our ground game continues to look really strong with over 300 yards again tonight.

Congrats to Waverly for your playoff appearance and good luck next year. You truly did make great strides.

Observations:

The officiating was horrid and I mean that for both sides. Waverly had a player injured and the officials called their coaches out to check on him. They helped him off and the head linesman asked the Waverly coach if he was going to call a timeout, he said no. He asked him again and he said no, I am not. The ref then flagged him... crazy!

On one of our dozen plus penalties, Coach Sharp was pointing across the field at the flag lying on the ground when the side judge told him not to be pointing at him! Coach Sharp told him he was pointing at the flag and he told him not get smart with him.

I watched the game from under the goal posts and witnessed this kind of behavior from these two men all night, on both sides of the field. I am not telling anyone that we didn't commit 13 infractions, I am telling everyone that both teams put up with ridiculous behavior from the officiating all night long.

I thought Waverly was one of the toughest teams we had faced. They were the most physical team we have played. They were far from the team we had beaten earlier in the season. They had a few bad breaks or could have made it closer. And yes, they did drop several passes in the opening quarter but I thought our defense really stepped it up afterwards.

Our ground game continues to look really strong with over 300 yards again tonight.

Congrats to Waverly for your playoff appearance and good luck next year. You truly did make great strides.

True, don, one would think that they would put better officials in these playoff games. I agree, there were a lot of calls both ways that were bad. I think Goodpasture who is a running team will have a hard time running the ball against you guys, and if your guys can open some holes like they did tonight, they will continue to get a lot of yards.

congrats Panther faithful....sounds like you took care of business....know that you now have some fans in HC rooting for you through the rest of the playoffs....hate that our season is over so soon....ran into a very good CPA team....no excuses for the loss, they beat us in every facet of the football game.....obviously their passing game is great, but their D is no slouch either.....they are well coached and seem very disciplined on the field....lots of good sportsmanship from CPA as well..... See you soon on the hardwood /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Observations:

Thank you so much! I am very proud of ours boys!! Didnt play like i thought they might but they did ok! I tell you something though i was amazed by the size of your kick off kicker! He was huge! Good too! #4 and #5 are very good players!! All of them were! You have every right to be proud of them!! Didnt like some of the things that were going on on the feild but I realize both sides were wanting to win! Seen somethings that disappointed me but I am sure it was just a few boys being boys right or wrong! Congrats to yall and good luck next week! OH TRAVELER i looked for u! Everytime a lc person looked me in the eye i thought wonder if that is him!! Good team you got there and good luck!

Observations:

Nice honest post - Does LC pass the ball any? 300 yeards on the ground is good especially if you get a 100 or so in the air to keep the defense honest. If not I would expect GP to stack the box and try their best to shut the ground game down. Should be a good next week - Congrats on the win and good luck down the road /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Sparkman is the kid that got kicked off the junior high team correct? he is a beast i had heard he was in trouble again i am glad is is playing though will be a beast if he can keep his nose clean.

No Justin Sparkman is the one that got kicked off the team in middle school. He also got kicked off the high school team as well. Darshay Sparkman still plays and is doing a great job this year. Crowell and Tenison for Heisman!

Waverly played better, take my word for it. This was one of the top 2 or 3 most physical games that we have played all year. Let's don't get into who played when, rough or dirty. The fact is it was a battle between two good football teams with good fans. God bless small town football!

PS: I spoke to Papa before the game, but you looked too focused. Was going to take to you after the game, but got caught up.