Cleveland at Maryville

EaglePride1

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree...Maryville would much rather have Rhea County. Even this delusional Maryville fan recognizes that Cleveland is much better than Rhea County. EaglePride go to your own thread and if you make it to round 3, then we'll talk.

As far as the Maryville Cleveland game, I am expecting a great game and looking forward to seeing Cleveland again. Haven't seen them since a cold night in 02 in Cleveland. I have a lot of respect for their program and believe it will be a great game to watch. I hate to hear that the Tucker kid is out. Safe travels to the Raiders...see you tomorrow night.

Maryville 24

Cleveland 17

Clinton 28

Rhea County 7

Well buddy, considering I did make this thread I consider it my own. If you go back and look at my posts, I never said Rhea County was a better team than Cleveland, nor did I say that we match up better with Maryville. All I've said is that we are the region champions, Maryville will destroy Cleveland without Tucker Tipton, and I hope Cleveland gets what's coming to them. Congratulations Mr. Raider, you beat us while our best player was out as we played our worst game this year.

See ya in round three if we make it Rebels.

Well buddy, considering I did make this thread I consider it my own. If you go back and look at my posts, I never said Rhea County was a better team than Cleveland, nor did I say that we match up better with Maryville. All I've said is that we are the region champions, Maryville will destroy Cleveland without Tucker Tipton, and I hope Cleveland gets what's coming to them. Congratulations Mr. Raider, you beat us while our best player was out as we played our worst game this year.

See ya in round three if we make it Rebels.

best player out, worst game...sounds like excuses to me.

Maryville probably will destroy us, but you won't hear any excuses like best player being out.

Hey we take our loses like men, no excuses.

best player out, worst game...sounds like excuses to me.

Maryville probably will destroy us, but you won't hear any excuses like best player being out.

Hey we take our loses like men, no excuses.

Please learn to read. I never said we would have won. I never made any excuses. A win is a win; just like a region championship is a region champion ship, no matter how you got it. Even if we do have Brown on offense it would have been tough for us to win that game. Fitzgerald is incapable of putting his defensive players in the right position to stop that jet sweep you ran all night.

Well about 24 hours to kickoff, and I kind of feel like a little kid anxious on Christmas Eve. This should be a great game and from the standpoint of a Cleveland fan; I'm excited just for the reason that this is a measuring stick to see how our Cleveland Program stacks up with the Best Program in the State. Like I said, it should be a classic 1st Round Game in the TSSAA playoffs. Good Luck to both teams.

Well about 24 hours to kickoff, and I kind of feel like a little kid anxious on Christmas Eve. This should be a great game and from the standpoint of a Cleveland fan; I'm excited just for the reason that this is a measuring stick to see how our Cleveland Program stacks up with the Best Program in the State. Like I said, it should be a classic 1st Round Game in the TSSAA playoffs. Good Luck to both teams.

24 hrs and 28 minutes....but who's counting. Maryville fans are just as anxious to get this playoff season started. I am excited to see how Maryville can match up this year with the toughest from the state. This is a very different Maryville team from past teams. Cleveland is certainly a very difficult 1st round. It should be a great game. Safe travels and good luck to both teams.

Correction: One is playing football and starting at a D1 school.

Surely you aren't comparing MTSU and UT...

I just think it's funny that delusional Maryville fan thought that he was as good a player as Jason Witten.

I would never say that JW didn't deserve to be an All-American at UT, and he is definitely one of the top 3 TE's in the NFL - BUT, Maryville put it on him in '97 & '98. I saw both AD & JW play in high school and AD was better.

Danny Wilson is 2-0 vs George Quarles.How many other coaches can say that? Wilson played at Heritage and coached there.

In 1999 George Quarles started his 1st season as Head Coach. Maryville and Heritage both started out 2-0 that year. Heritage went to Maryville and whipped Maryville 26-21. Maryville finished 10-3 that year.

In 2000 Maryville started out 0-4 that year then went on an unbelieveable run to win state. One of those losses was a butt kicking from Heritage 28-0. It could have been worse. From that Heritage game to now Maryville is 123-3. If anyone would have told me that would happen I would have said they were on crack. At that time I was telling people Maryville would go 0-10. Quarles sold me bigtime that year.

As an aside there RRon, Mrs. Mapp held the faith from game one that MHS would go all the way that year (2000). She just had that "feeling" about the "Black Swarm" that year (days of the VCCs!)

I still like the Red Rebels tommorrow by 14.

See you there...."Programs!".....get one.

Reguards to the Board,

Mapp

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Cleveland only has about 3 fans on here. Their other 10 fans post on some "other" message board.

As for the Aaron Douglas discussion in the thread that got closed, I saw Brandon McLeroy line up at DE and do whatever he wanted to to Douglas over the past two years. No doubt in my mind that McLeroy was and is the better player.

You're smokin' something.

aaron douglas better than jason witten? lol at you guys. Douglas will never play TE at UT....if anything he might bulk up and play OL.

i dug out the ole highlight dvd from last year to see if big Mac did go up against your boy douglas and sure enough he did...the only play I saw 88 was lined up at tight end and mac head up on him at defensive end. Mac pushes him back about 2 yards off the LOS at the snap of the ball and then jumps up and deflects a pass which was then intercepted...then McLeroy pancakes douglas on the sideline during the interception return.

the film doesnt lie.

aaron douglas better than jason witten? lol at you guys. Douglas will never play TE at UT....if anything he might bulk up and play OL.

i dug out the ole highlight dvd from last year to see if big Mac did go up against your boy douglas and sure enough he did...the only play I saw 88 was lined up at tight end and mac head up on him at defensive end. Mac pushes him back about 2 yards off the LOS at the snap of the ball and then jumps up and deflects a pass which was then intercepted...then McLeroy pancakes douglas on the sideline during the interception return.

the film doesnt lie.

That's just one play - who gives a rip? I smell envy and jealousy in some of these posts about Douglas. Hmm...

supereage, there's a post with your team's name in it a short distance away - why don't you slide on up there and show some support for your team and its game tomorrow instead of heckling these Maryville boys. They need their sleep so they can (hopefully) whoop up on some Raiders tomorrow night.