Soddy Daisy @ Bearden

Knoxville21

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the first game this season, that I would have to flip a coin on. I figured Bearden would go 9-2 and finish second in the region, in July. I knew how well Devrin Young would be, and would be the main offensive weapon.

Soddy Daisy does scare me. Our defense will have to dominate. Coach Taylor needs to get Devrin invovled with the passing game (not just screens or in the flats). Tanner Fine was injured last night, I hope he is able to play. But, Peyton Landers and Drew Williams can fill his FB spot fine. It is on defense where we need him, BAD.

Here is my prediction. If Ryan Potter plays well, Bearden wins. If Potter gets rattled, throws mutiple interceptions, Bearden Loses.

This is the first game this season, that I would have to flip a coin on. I figured Bearden would go 9-2 and finish second in the region, in July. I knew how well Devrin Young would be, and would be the main offensive weapon.

Soddy Daisy does scare me. Our defense will have to dominate. Coach Taylor needs to get Devrin invovled with the passing game (not just screens or in the flats). Tanner Fine was injured last night, I hope he is able to play. But, Peyton Landers and Drew Williams can fill his FB spot fine. It is on defense where we need him, BAD.

Here is my prediction. If Ryan Potter plays well, Bearden wins. If Potter gets rattled, throws mutiple interceptions, Bearden Loses.

I think and hope Bearden wins because payback is going to be ____when Bearden rolls into the Owls nest.

I don't know much about Soddy Daisy; I hear they have a solid defense. Who do you like in this match up?

Soddy Daisy wins because of their defense. Jefferson county who is not in the playoffs gave Bearden all they wanted last night and lost 20-13 on a trick play by Bearden.

Soddy Daisy moves on to round 2.

Soddy Daisy wins because of their defense. Jefferson county who is not in the playoffs gave Bearden all they wanted last night and lost 20-13 on a trick play by Bearden.

Soddy Daisy moves on to round 2.

Jeff Co is better than their record states. They've got physical kids with good size, and the offense that they run chews up clock and typically makes most of their games low scoring. Bearden is underrated. They were the 2nd best team in their conference, and they can play with most anybody. Their tailback (a soph who already has 5 or 6 D1s looking at him) is very talented, and in the playoffs, establishing the run becomes even more important. Bearden has a decent line, Devrin Young will be the difference in this game, and Bearden squeaks by.

Coach Taylor said in a postgame interview that Tanner tweaked his knee in practice on Wednesday. He should be okay by Friday.

I don't know much about Soddy Daisy; I hear they have a solid defense. Who do you like in this match up?

This will be a low scoring game...IMO..Bearden has some kids that well get to the QB and that may force Soddy Daisy into some bad throws. Give their QB time and he will kill you if he is on....Taylor is going to have to get Devrin more involved in the passing game(since teams wont kick the ball to him anymore maximize his touches).........they need to line him up at WR some...give teams a different look in the playoffs.....even in the D-Gun when Devrin lines up at QB....I'd have Landers and Fine both in the backfield with him because both of those guys can catch out of the backfield and Bearden needs to incorporate passing into that package more.......Potter played his best game of the season last night....the Soddy Daisy defense is okay....but they win because of their offense........they can score points.......Bearden's defense is going to have to play their best game of year.......Stephon, Devrin and the rest of the DBs are going to have to make some plays...

This will be a low scoring game...IMO..Bearden has some kids that well get to the QB and that may force Soddy Daisy into some bad throws. Give their QB time and he will kill you if he is on....Taylor is going to have to get Devrin more involved in the passing game(since teams wont kick the ball to him anymore maximize his touches).........they need to line him up at WR some...give teams a different look in the playoffs.....even in the D-Gun when Devrin lines up at QB....I'd have Landers and Fine both in the backfield with him because both of those guys can catch out of the backfield and Bearden needs to incorporate passing into that package more.......Potter played his best game of the season last night....the Soddy Daisy defense is okay....but they win because of their offense........they can score points.......Bearden's defense is going to have to play their best game of year.......Stephon, Devrin and the rest of the DBs are going to have to make some plays...

"D-Gun"... I like "YoungGun" better..

Bearden's at a disadvantage, having not played anyone in several weeks. While that might give a young team some confidence going in, when you take that first shot, it's also a rude awakening. As long as Soddy-Daisy shows up and plays like it belongs in the playoffs, the Trojans should win by 10-14 points.