Warren Co. v. Oakland

MidTennFootball

1st Round  

47 members have voted

1. 1. 1st Round

Personally I think a PA anouncer should just call the game. The rest is just annoying. I want to know who made the play for both teams as a spectator. And that " Yeah Baby" stuff is just gay. What's a Wilson Bank firstdown? I thought Oakland was making the first downs. I know a lot of schools do it, but it's bad taste in advertising. I don't do business with CC bank, or whoever they're naming the first downs after, for the same reason. Of course we haven't made very many first downs lately, so one wouldn't notice it much. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I dont really notice it all that much, as I am focused on watching the game, not what the PA announcer says. The reason for the Wilson Bank and Trust 1st Downs is that when Oakland was close to completely having the money raised for the indoor facility, the took out a loan to go ahead and get started on the facility on the condition that Wilson Bank and Trust would have advertising right all over the stadium, so that is what that is about. The fans seem to like the atmosphere he provides, but it just another facet of the overall experience.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it funny how most everybody generally says congrats to Warren County ya'll are doing much better than in the past, until they make a showing against your particular team. This isn't about Oakland specifically, but everybody we've 'played closer than we should have' or actually beaten when we 'shouldn't have' blames they're own players/coaches for not showing up ready to play.

I thought that Warren County played about as well as could have been expected in this one. The difference in depth between the two teams was very noticeable, as Warren County had a few guys who were lucky if they were off the field 10 plays the whole game special teams included.

Was good to see Oakland put some points on the board, but they will have generate some type of rushing attack to move forward from here. Oakland was able to throw it in the general vacinity of their guys going down the field and watch them make plays that against the teams they'll see going forward they won't be able to just on athleticism alone. There were at least three balls that were scores or big plays that would have been going the other way against a better secondary. I think Oakland did what is natural for any team in their position and overlooked WC a little, but I feel quite confident that will not happen again. Can't explain how happy I am for the seniors who have been through a lot of hard times the last couple of years.

The way the PA was being run is pretty standard for the Region 4 area in my experience, but I have always wished home and away that they would at least mention who makes tackles or carries the ball for both teams.

Can't wait for Next Friday to get here already, Go Pats!

I find it funny how most everybody generally says congrats to Warren County ya'll are doing much better than in the past, until they make a showing against your particular team. This isn't about Oakland specifically, but everybody we've 'played closer than we should have' or actually beaten when we 'shouldn't have' blames they're own players/coaches for not showing up ready to play.

No offense, at this point in the season, no matter the team and now matter how the win, it is a win regardless. Oakland could have played better, but the point is, they got they win

I thought that Warren County played about as well as could have been expected in this one. The difference in depth between the two teams was very noticeable, as Warren County had a few guys who were lucky if they were off the field 10 plays the whole game special teams included.

Was good to see Oakland put some points on the board, but they will have generate some type of rushing attack to move forward from here. Oakland was able to throw it in the general vacinity of their guys going down the field and watch them make plays that against the teams they'll see going forward they won't be able to just on athleticism alone. There were at least three balls that were scores or big plays that would have been going the other way against a better secondary. I think Oakland did what is natural for any team in their position and overlooked WC a little, but I feel quite confident that will not happen again. Can't explain how happy I am for the seniors who have been through a lot of hard times the last couple of years.

The way the PA was being run is pretty standard for the Region 4 area in my experience, but I have always wished home and away that they would at least mention who makes tackles or carries the ball for both teams.

Can't wait for Next Friday to get here already, Go Pats!

Maybe we will agree to disagree, but I dont think Oakland really overlooked WC, they just didnt come out of the gates firing on all cylinders. I think the only ball that was kind of iffy is the touchdown pass to Chris Johnson was little overthrown, he just made a great play on the ball. With that said, just showing that we can hurt a team thru the air forces the team to gameplan for both part of the offense and shows that if you sell out to try to stop the run, we have many guys at receiver that casn step in and make big plays. I do think the only way Oakland can make a deep run in the playoffs is with Christian Adams getting a majority of the snaps at Quarterback, his overall grasp of the position and his awareness makes him a very capable QB for just a sophmore and has the potential to be the best Quarterback Oakland has had in a while.

I dont really notice it all that much, as I am focused on watching the game, not what the PA announcer says. The reason for the Wilson Bank and Trust 1st Downs is that when Oakland was close to completely having the money raised for the indoor facility, the took out a loan to go ahead and get started on the facility on the condition that Wilson Bank and Trust would have advertising right all over the stadium, so that is what that is about. The fans seem to like the atmosphere he provides, but it just another facet of the overall experience.

Think I'll suggest our announcer call them Bonnaroo 1st downs, since that's where most of our money comes from. "And That's another Bonnaroo Music Festival 1st down". I usually don't even hear the announcer from the sidelines, so maybe that's why it was so annoying Friday night.