Giles Co. and McNairy Central

bobcat93

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the book on McNairy? What are their stong and weak points?

ok lets see...McNairy Central has a a few good player, a big OL that is a college prospect, a 6'4 240pd te/de that is pretty darn good, a 5'11 220 mlb/fb that is a bowling ball once he gets going, a average WR that isnt great, a returning all region QB that likes to run the ball, and a freshman RB that is around 6', 195pd that has ab 1400 yds i think but not great speed, just gets the ball almost 30 times a game, and is the second fav target for the QB in passin situations....after all of this GCHS still wins big i think, i know its the playoffs, but the only teams that have any luck against GC is passing teams and teams with a good slashing RB(marshall co) who has speed and can get to the holes....McNairy Central has neither, but like last year this still can be the night....oh one note of interest....McNairy Central only has 3 or 4 returning starters on offense so that could maybe hurt them just a little bit having to come and play at GCHS.............GC-42.......MC-21

Even if McNairy raises Sheriff Buford Pusser from the grave, it won't be enough for them to beat Marshall co.

Marshall has too much firepaower.....should score in the 40's and whatever the defense gives up on the ground to Mcnairy

Besides a returning all region QB in a weak region is not exactly making anyone shake in their boots.

got a question..... if giles county makes it to round three and lipSCUMb play will gchs get screwed like they did in 2007 and have to play there and will we get those horrible refs again from the last game well i guess it doesnt matter cause if your going to play lipSCUMb you have to play the refs too.

got a question..... if giles county makes it to round three and lipSCUMb play will gchs get screwed like they did in 2007 and have to play there and will we get those horrible refs again from the last game well i guess it doesnt matter cause if your going to play lipSCUMb you have to play the refs too.

If Lipscomb and Giles meet in Round 3, they will play at Giles

And I agree if you play Lipscomb it is hard to be the ref's. Even with Lipscomb on the road the ref's carpool with the team /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

And I agree if you play Lipscomb it is hard to be the ref's. Even with Lipscomb on the road the ref's carpool with the team /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Ouch!!!!! ......when you been dude?????

it seemed as if those refs vanished from the last time gchs played there on oct 17 guess they knew that they would be mobbed

i am afraid not. if they were to meet in the third round it would be at lipscomb. if 2 teams from the same region meet in the playoffs the higher seed will host.

i think you only set yourself up for failure if you look past an opponent. while region 5 has a history of being competitive and region 6 has not done as well, giles county only has to look at their match-up with the 3 seed from region 6 last year (bolivar) to stay focused on their first round game. it's the playoffs now... every team's record is 0-0.

i do think giles should win this game. the o-line lead by motts, norwood, bass, strickland, and dienye are very good. when you add in the blocking of tight ends christopher and timms... you have an experienced, physical bunch of guys up front. now add to that the fact that the ball carriers tobias houston, cory houston, josh smith, and the qb himself mr. wallace are all dynamic... giles county always puts up monster yards on the ground!

i expect the defense to step up and play better this week. it seems like they match up okay with mcnairy central's strengths.

i think you only set yourself up for failure if you look past an opponent. while region 5 has a history of being competitive and region 6 has not done as well, giles county only has to look at their match-up with the 3 seed from region 6 last year (bolivar) to stay focused on their first round game. it's the playoffs now... every team's record is 0-0.

i do think giles should win this game. the o-line lead by motts, norwood, bass, strickland, and dienye are very good. when you add in the blocking of tight ends christopher and timms... you have an experienced, physical bunch of guys up front. now add to that the fact that the ball carriers tobias houston, cory houston, josh smith, and the qb himself mr. wallace are all dynamic... giles county always puts up monster yards on the ground!

i expect the defense to step up and play better this week. it seems like they match up okay with mcnairy central's strengths.

I agree with you 100%on the topic of looking past your opponent. I would hope these are not GC players on here looking well beyond the game Friday night. I believe we learned that in football 101. Defense has to step up this game and more if they expect to progress thru the tournament. Defense wins Championships!