It stinks not to be Alcoa in AA.

bigbearsfan

In their classifications anyway. I am not one of these people who claim that those teams have an unfair advantage or anything like that. But golly, imagine if you are a Boyd Buchanan. They have a very talented team. Their team is talented enough to win a State Championship. I am sure their fans are pumped, and have a lot of confidence that they will be in the Buro. Ain't going to happen. When they face Alcoa in the semis, Alcoa will beat them like a drum. Alcoa's speed is unmatched. That is the difference.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In their classifications anyway. I am not one of these people who claim that those teams have an unfair advantage or anything like that. But golly, imagine if you are a Boyd Buchanan. They have a very talented team. Their team is talented enough to win a State Championship. I am sure their fans are pumped, and have a lot of confidence that they will be in the Buro. Ain't going to happen. When they face Alcoa in the semis, Alcoa will beat them like a drum. Alcoa's speed is unmatched. That is the difference.

You must be a Boyd fan???

This is the year the beast from the East is taken out. Too Hype! LOL

I am sure the entire town of Alcoa is looking for my house right now for even thinking the Tornadoes are going to lose.

Stop whining about the zoning rules. They have to practice and win just like everyone else in Tennessee football

This is the year the beast from the East is taken out. Too Hype! LOL

I am sure the entire town of Alcoa is looking for my house right now for even thinking the Tornadoes are going to lose.

Stop whining about the zoning rules. They have to practice and win just like everyone else in Tennessee football

Thank you for that statement.

but dont mock "TOo HYpe"......ever.............THAT will get you in trouble /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thank you for that statement.

but dont mock "TOo HYpe"......ever.............THAT will get you in trouble /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

LOL, I am shaking in my computer screen.

I wasn't making a joke out of the "Too Hype"

I was actually making a point, don't down the Tornadoes, they will come find you.

Milan and Huntingdon had their dominant teams for a couple years...when Alcoa was getting thumped..Now Alcoa has had their years...and evidently cannot be beaten in 2A. It all cycles back and forth.

It certainly does! I think all of the Alcoa faithful realize this, and are just enjoying what we have right now.

Great post!

For all of us in region 2AA Alcoa is the measuring stick. With 4 consecutive state championships, they are also the measuring stick for the entire state in AA. Just like Spurrier and the Gators made everyone in the SEC raise their game(not a fan, just giving credit where it is due). Alcoa does the same for all of us poor souls who have to face them in regular season as well as most playoff years. I admit, it would be nice to open a season not "staring down the barrel" or as the faithful call it, the F5. But it does make you work harder as coaches and players. How rewarding it will be for the team that knocks off the giant, or I should say the Tornados. That may be awhile, but it will eventually happen. When I played only 1 team from each district got into the playoffs anyway, none of this 3 or 4 team deal or teams with 2-8 records. You've heard it before, "to be the man, you've got to beat the man". I completely respect Alcoa, their coaches, players and fans. They've got a great program, and they have earned it.

But now, for the real men of genius: here's to you "Mr. too small, too slow" AA football player. You run til you puke in August heat, pump iron until you can't raise your arms above your head, endure countless tongue lashings from coach about how the Tornado is coming, sit alone atop of that tackling dummy at the end of a long hard practice, barely able to hold up your head. Yes, here's to you. It may seem futile at times, but trust me, in years down the road you'll reflect back and cherish these days, whether you every beat Alcoa or not. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />