HERITAGE MOUNTAINEERS FOOTBALL

scoot91

In todays Daily Times it was annouced that Rewis has resigned from coaching.

I hope coach Rewis the best. He is a good person and very well liked among his players and players parents. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I have not heard anything as to who they may have in mind? Can someone shed some light on this issue?

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In todays Daily Times it was annouced that Rewis has resigned from coaching.

I hope coach Rewis the best. He is a good person and very well liked among his players and players parents. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I have not heard anything as to who they may have in mind? Can someone shed some light on this issue?

Hmmmm........we sure could use that fulmer guy who got a knife stuck in his back at UT , but the $2.6 million may not be in our budget at heritage /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Hmmmm........we sure could use that fulmer guy who got a knife stuck in his back at UT , but the $2.6 million may not be in our budget at heritage /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Why would you want to add insult to injury. Heritage has enough obsticles in it's path without Fat Phil.

I've always said Phil Fulmer is the 3rd best football coach in Blount County.

Seriously, Will Chip take a run at a Maryville assistant for the Heritage position?

I have heard some rumblings about an assistant from Maryville being considered..... Not real sure if there is any truth to it.

I hope he takes his time and gets the right person, whoever it may be. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

It think it is time for the Blount Co school board to step back and hire someone how knows HS football and fix both county schools. WB and Heritage have been dismal for years. Coaching changes, lack of financial support and slow facilities improvements. It is time to belly up to the bar and drop some real money on two high quality coaches and give the county kids a chance to be competitive. Both schools need better quality assistants as well.

I know Maryville has deeper pockets and has 4-5 head coach quality men on staff, that's not cheap for sure, but look at the program. Having done some coaching in Blount Co several years ago I can say the kids at Maryville are not that much more talented than those who attend the co schools IMO. There are good athletes in the county schools. Coaching is what is needed.

Nothing negative is intended at men like Meadows, Rewis, Wilson and a few others, but these days it takes more than just a high quality head man. GQ is great but he doesn??™t get it done alone.

Good luck to HHS in finding a new Head Coach and I am sorry to hear Coach R is stepping down.

It think it is time for the Blount Co school board to step back and hire someone how knows HS football and fix both county schools. WB and Heritage have been dismal for years. Coaching changes, lack of financial support and slow facilities improvements. It is time to belly up to the bar and drop some real money on two high quality coaches and give the county kids a chance to be competitive. Both schools need better quality assistants as well.

I know Maryville has deeper pockets and has 4-5 head coach quality men on staff, that's not cheap for sure, but look at the program. Having done some coaching in Blount Co several years ago I can say the kids at Maryville are not that much more talented than those who attend the co schools IMO. There are good athletes in the county schools. Coaching is what is needed.

Nothing negative is intended at men like Meadows, Rewis, Wilson and a few others, but these days it takes more than just a high quality head man. GQ is great but he doesn??™t get it done alone.

Good luck to HHS in finding a new Head Coach and I am sorry to hear Coach R is stepping down.

FBE,you said it all!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

FBE,

Agree that Blount County has struggled with financial support. Agree that MHS has 4-5 head coach quality men on staff. Agree that assistants are importantand it takes more just a quality head man ... Coach Meadows knows this as well. He will add 2-3 new coaches this year, and he will retain some at WB that are TOP NOTCH (i.e. Coach Emert is as good of "strength coach" as any coach in this area).

Do not agree that WB football has been "dismal for years." Simply is not the case. This obviously was a bad year, but prior to that WB has developed into a good high school football program. If your measure of success is winning state championships, we fall short. It it is consistently producing winning seasons and being competitive and making playoffs, you cannot lump WB with Heritage. Check the numbers.

Lack of talent and committment on the part of the kids, pure and simple

I dont agree with that statement at all,sounds to me like you have never been to many games at either school.Heritage may have a slight problem with comittment from some but not all by any means,but I feel that comes from poor coaching and getting your teeth kicked in for the past several years.the new coach will have a big job ahead of him getting the students fired up about football next year.Both teams have very good talent, maybe not as many as most but very good talent nonetheless. And last of all how can you say"lack of talent and committment on behalf of the kids when WB had such a good season last year???

Wasn't talking about W-B, just Heritage. I've been out of the area for a while, but I think W-B has been pretty good for a few years up until this year? Also, weren't they pretty banged up?

Had a friend that used to coach at Heritage - tough spot. I'm sure some kids care, just not enough to be good in 5A