MCMINN BEATS DOBYNS BENNETT!

ArtVandalay

Gee thanks for the heads up.....How can a team with such a storied tradition have such poor facilities much like Oak Ridge. I suppose your alumni center has been completed and is very nice...that is something to be proud of.

Why does the baseball & football have to share field space? Not to be critical but the last time we were up there I was not very impressed with the field and dressing room facilities. Maybe someday you guys can visit us here in Athens....the visitors have a nice large seating area with there own bathroom and concession area and the visiting locker room is carpeted with individual wooden lockers and a multi station shower area not to mention a meeting room for the visiting coaching staff.

I had been told that DB had converted to a artificial playing surface.....

Maybe we will get lucky enough to get a scoreboard in a couple of years. ... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ...please. I've been to Athens.But those wooden lockers sound real nice. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It depends on which Dobyns-Bennett team is playing,the one that is more like DR.Jekyll or MR.Hyde.I hope we show up with the smarts of a Doctor and play like wild men. This is the last chance for many on this very fine team to wear the DB colors.A great number of these fine young men could have gone to other schools and been a much bigger fish a whole lot sooner,but have waited their turn behind those that came before.DB has had a great regular season,but now McMinn wants to send them home as a joke.It's making me mad just thinking of what their trying to do to our kids!! I don't see how our team can stand for this !! {Just kidding a little with the Jekyll and Hyde thing}.I do hope we bring our A game and Roll Tribe!!

Its not which team is playing but WHICH coach is coaching. Friday night Clark coached not to lose vs coaching to win. I've said all along this team has the athletes and talent to go deep, but after watching Clark at work in Hilltopper country, the tribe fans will be dissapointed again this year. Clark either needs to add another page to his playbook or if he has some more plays, turn the page. Basically 5 plays, handoff to #32, pass to 28 and 14, pass to the FB in the flats and an occasional handoff to the FB. No pass to #2 or #3. No counters. Just smash mouth football and they will only work so long. DB better hope the fullback is back, HE is the the one that makes the block for #32. And if you are going to play your QB on defense and return punts in prior games when the score is out of reach, then WHY would you not play him on the final drive, not just the final play! SH's final drive, Watson should have taken #1 out, moved Sylvester to corner (where he played the past 3 years) and put #10 as safety. Again, if you have #10 playing in the rain in the final minutes of Eliz. then put him in on THE BIGGEST defensive series of the season. As far as the LB play, sorry, playing LB is a big difference from playing in the paint on a basketball court. In fact, i'm not sure why he is on the kick off team, somebody on the team is faster than him. #15? They finally put #15 in with some speed on defense and he made a big sack. Friday night was a snapshot of why DB is a flop come playoffs. Not because of rankings or who they get matched to play, but because of coaching. Other than the toppers, their coaches, the radio announcers and every fan in the stadium, were the DB coaches the only people that didnt know there would be a fake punt!? The QB/punter allways went to one side, put an extra player on that side. Dont put anybody back to catch it, especially catching it around the 10 yd line! One last note, JV play does have some merrit. Last years team struggled every year at DB. The team 2 years ago ( the one that Clark flopped first round) they would beat teams as Fr and JV so bad they let the clock run and that was before the TSSAA rule. Typically, in about every sport, when the younger teams do good, they do good as seniors. With the 2 transfer players this year, this may be Clark's last real shot before he retires.

Gee thanks for the heads up.....How can a team with such a storied tradition have such poor facilities much like Oak Ridge. I suppose your alumni center has been completed and is very nice...that is something to be proud of.

Why does the baseball & football have to share field space? Not to be critical but the last time we were up there I was not very impressed with the field and dressing room facilities. Maybe someday you guys can visit us here in Athens....the visitors have a nice large seating area with there own bathroom and concession area and the visiting locker room is carpeted with individual wooden lockers and a multi station shower area not to mention a meeting room for the visiting coaching staff.

I had been told that DB had converted to a artificial playing surface.....

I should have went on and said that the facilities are some of the best anywhere,but the visitors seating is just not very good.They are looking to change that in the future

Its not which team is playing but WHICH coach is coaching. Friday night Clark coached not to lose vs coaching to win. I've said all along this team has the athletes and talent to go deep, but after watching Clark at work in Hilltopper country, the tribe fans will be dissapointed again this year. Clark either needs to add another page to his playbook or if he has some more plays, turn the page. Basically 5 plays, handoff to #32, pass to 28 and 14, pass to the FB in the flats and an occasional handoff to the FB. No pass to #2 or #3. No counters. Just smash mouth football and they will only work so long. DB better hope the fullback is back, HE is the the one that makes the block for #32. And if you are going to play your QB on defense and return punts in prior games when the score is out of reach, then WHY would you not play him on the final drive, not just the final play! SH's final drive, Watson should have taken #1 out, moved Sylvester to corner (where he played the past 3 years) and put #10 as safety. Again, if you have #10 playing in the rain in the final minutes of Eliz. then put him in on THE BIGGEST defensive series of the season. As far as the LB play, sorry, playing LB is a big difference from playing in the paint on a basketball court. In fact, i'm not sure why he is on the kick off team, somebody on the team is faster than him. #15? They finally put #15 in with some speed on defense and he made a big sack. Friday night was a snapshot of why DB is a flop come playoffs. Not because of rankings or who they get matched to play, but because of coaching. Other than the toppers, their coaches, the radio announcers and every fan in the stadium, were the DB coaches the only people that didnt know there would be a fake punt!? The QB/punter allways went to one side, put an extra player on that side. Dont put anybody back to catch it, especially catching it around the 10 yd line! One last note, JV play does have some merrit. Last years team struggled every year at DB. The team 2 years ago ( the one that Clark flopped first round) they would beat teams as Fr and JV so bad they let the clock run and that was before the TSSAA rule. Typically, in about every sport, when the younger teams do good, they do good as seniors. With the 2 transfer players this year, this may be Clark's last real shot before he retires.

Where do you coach at ?

It's actually an awesome facility. There is a NEW FIELD TURF on both the Football and Baseball Fields. They moved the Visitors stands that used to set on the Baseball outfield to the End Zone. Half of the Visitor Seats are in the End Zone and the other half sets from the Goal Line to about the 30 yd line or so.

Sorry I am a bit thick headed but is the field grass or artificial turf? I am assuming grass????

So no bleachers behind the bench? Sounds weard to have our fans sitting so far away from our bench.....

Tell me about DB.....size? speed? primary offense and defense? I assume they still do that pre-game routine where the team marches out with the 500 piece band behind them playing your version of the cherokee chant....

It's actually an awesome facility. There is a NEW FIELD TURF on both the Football and Baseball Fields. They moved the Visitors stands that used to set on the Baseball outfield to the End Zone. Half of the Visitor Seats are in the End Zone and the other half sets from the Goal Line to about the 30 yd line or so.

Sorry I am a bit thick headed but is the field grass or artificial turf? I am assuming grass????

So no bleachers behind the bench? Sounds weard to have our fans sitting so far away from our bench.....

Tell me about DB.....size? speed? primary offense and defense? I assume they still do that pre-game routine where the team marches out with the 500 piece band behind them playing your version of the cherokee chant....

IMO, Art is partially correct. The new turf is really nice. Easy on the feet. Fast surface. After 4 qtrs, you feel like you could go for more. The endzone away from the scoreboard does share space with the baseball field, but it's still turf. Another positive - No dirt baseball infield protruding into the football playing area anymore. Basically, the field is really really nice. The only one I have seen which I liked better was Appy State's new indoor practice turf.

The field house, not sure what they call it, is better then most colleges that I have seen. Amazing workout facilities and equipment. Great places to dress and such for each of the sports programs. Nice facilities for the refs, whereas they had some of the worst before this was built. (Oak Ridge is as bad as they come for the refs, as I'm told) They have it all at DB.

The visiting stands is another story. They shouldnt charge full price over there IMO. The visiting stands dont even reach the 50 yard line. Ya kinda feel jipped when sitting there. But, I do understand why they are doing it though. They do not want the football stands sitting all season on the turf which is the baseball outfield. A season's worth of spilled watered down coke. and dip spit isn't good on the million dollar surface. Maybe they can figure some way to extend the bleachers next year, since they just got the turf this year. Had their been a situation where the home stands been short of the 50, the home crowd would have been very upset, especially the band parents, IMO. They were nice enough to add a concession area and restrooms on the visiting side though. In the past, ya had to hike up the hill side steps to get your popcorn and pop. That's hard on an old fat guy ya know. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

As I mentioned, maybe they can find a way to extend the stands the full length of the field next year. There may be games next year where they need visitor stands the full length of the field. I'd make the next project, after the visiting stands fix, to rebuild the J Fred home stands. They've served you well and a great deal of history there, but they aren't in the best of shape either. Under the home stands, it's like a cave. Wet and creeeepy under there. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> Not sure if the vistors still dress there. Hope not.

To answer Tribefan about our team.

DB has a small but swarming defense.Sammy C #77 is the big man in the middle,he can deadlift a small country.The ends are small and quick,but pound for pound very strong,Will Bateman#65 has about 200 fumble recoverys.Just kidding,but he has made a bunch of plays from the end spot but hasn't got near the press he has earned.The secondary has made some big plays,and the speed will be set on how many fast offensive players come over to the defense from here on out.The offense is powered by a very good QB #10 Jamie C,and his number 1 target may be playing at Alabama next year.Adams is a 6'6' monster wideout,but has been sick and may not play.Chris S # 32 is one of the best running backs in east Tennessee and the line in front of him has a mean streak.Roll DB Tribe Roll

To answer Tribefan about our team.

DB has a small but swarming defense.Sammy C #77 is the big man in the middle,he can deadlift a small country.The ends are small and quick,but pound for pound very strong,Will Bateman#65 has about 200 fumble recoverys.Just kidding,but he has made a bunch of plays from the end spot but hasn't got near the press he has earned.The secondary has made some big plays,and the speed will be set on how many fast offensive players come over to the defense from here on out.The offense is powered by a very good QB #10 Jamie C,and his number 1 target may be playing at Alabama next year.Adams is a 6'6' monster wideout,but has been sick and may not play.Chris S # 32 is one of the best running backs in east Tennessee and the line in front of him has a mean streak.Roll DB Tribe Roll

Good job Batman, I new you would cover all this. Anybody here how Adams is? #25 is a BIG reason the Indians are the #1 Seed from Region 1.

Legendary Cross County and Track Coach - Tom Coughenour passed away today. Coach Coughenour was a special guy and early in his Coaching Career he was on Coach Fred Walton's Staff. I ran CC and Track on when he was just getting started and I am happy to say that my 2 sons were able to run for him.

The Indian Nation lost a leader today

Roll Tribe Roll

Its sad, but very true. If GC continues to coach not to lose instead of coaching to win his fate could be the same as fulmer's here in a year or so. Trust your players and especially this senior class to go out get the job done, and get this team far into the playoffs. If we're so good defensively why did time after time kinley ran around the left side getting first downs all night, and DB had no answer. And yes #18 has no business at LB, you cant lose outside contain like that all night, and i blame the coaches as well for letting that happen, We knew all wk exactly what SH would do, i mean come on they passed what 3 times??? I just thought we would be more prepared than that, stack the box and limit outside contain, but nothing changed, and DB was very very fortunate SH has a worse coach or they would have put up more than 6 on us. Lets stop this conservative crap please, if u really want a Championship on ur resume GC you have to go out and get it. For all the seniors this is it, i know its been a long season and the practices stink and all that, but for most of you this is it for football, so go out get prepared and focus this wk for a good mcminn county team.

P.S.- we cant let south get ranked ahead of us in the NET standings, we know we're the best so lets act like it.

Good job Batman, I new you would cover all this. Anybody here how Adams is? #25 is a BIG reason the Indians are the #1 Seed from Region 1.

Legendary Cross County and Track Coach - Tom Coughenour passed away today. Coach Coughenour was a special guy and early in his Coaching Career he was on Coach Fred Walton's Staff. I ran CC and Track on when he was just getting started and I am happy to say that my 2 sons were able to run for him.

The Indian Nation lost a leader today

Roll Tribe Roll

Adams Practiced today, Most Likely will be held to light duty the rest of the week

Yea Coach Coughnour was a great Coach & mentor to lots of us Art , He will be missed by many but not forgotten for his contributions to the school & Tribe Athletics