MCMINN BEATS DOBYNS BENNETT!

ArtVandalay

Um no. I love how you say good things about DB to set yourself up to slam them and call them cheaters. Classless was after the game when your guy was cussing our coaches. Or your guy throwing two punches to the head of a DB player that was not called. DB lost, but they lost with class. Most McMinn players were friendly, some chose to act like they had never been there before. You just said yourself the play by DB was legal, so why call us classless? Just be happy with your win and quit attempting to make it in to something it is not.

All right, I've kept my trap shut for several games now. The writing has been on the wall for a several games - but especially after the Science Hill game. This team had a lot of talent and frankly in my opinion, it wasn't these kid's fault. The had no leadership from the head coach. They should have gone to state this year.

Didn't anybody watch Clark on the side lines? The man came out in the 3rd quarter and looked lost. Staring blankly at his clip board with hs wonderful little NFL head set on. Pacing aimlessly up and down the side lines. Stupid play after stupid play. The game was lost on coaching alone.

Several of us have watched DB play for many years. I started watching 11 years ago. There was good coaching back in the day. There has been a definite downward trend and the play book is factor #1. Nothing is going to change until there is a coaching shakeup. As somebody said, recruit a new head coach. I hate to see him go. He's a nice guy but these kids deserve better. Hopefully he is smart enough to ask to move up into school "management".

With the changes coming next year, this was probably the last chance at state for a long time. Unless we can get a new AD that can make the most of a pathetic schedule by scheduling at least 3 tough games out of conference, a new head coach that can build a team that won't quit playing when they get a significant lead, the future is bleak.

Its probably time to turn in the season tickets. Or press the school board to force a UT style coaching change.

Wow.....what a great win for the McMinn football program to go on the road to the #1 team in class 5A and come away with a win.

DB you have a awesome field, nice alumni building but the legal play you pulled at the end of the game where you held and tackled our guys was absurd and bordered on unethical and guess what when you do things like that it usually turns around and bites you in the butt. For example the 75 yard winning TD KO return to win the game for the Cherokees 28-24.

Yes the play was legal and I understand the concept but just like the side judge and back judge both said that rule needs to be reviewed to protect the defensive team when it is an obvious ploy to reduce time off of the clock so it cant be negated by another penalty on the defense trying to free themselves from the offense holding them. In my opinion it was classless and showed our team that you didnt want the win as bad as our team did. Is that how DB has won 10 games this season by out cheating the opponent?

On another note the officials were lazy and made poor calls for both teams.....I understood that the refs in the playoffs were the best of the best.....if this is the best we have in this area then we need to make some changes!

Again great win for McMinn and we look forward to the challenge that faces us next week at Farragut....

GO TRIBE!!!!

That play was genius by the way. I have never seen anything like it. Totally legal and not a thing McMinn could do about it but throw punches. If DB would have won by running out the clock on that play and then took a safety on the free play, it would have probably been on sportscenter. And so called "DB FANS" want to "shake up the coaching staff".

Great Game McMinn County. You fought hard all the way and never gave up.

D-B can beat any team in the state of Tennessee...if its not in the playoffs. That is why they were ranked numero uno. Going into this game I thought that we would be playing Farragut next week almost automatically. The McMinn County players taunted all night. There coaches were also doing little dances on the sidelines. This still doesn't matter because D-B loses every year. It makes me sad to see this pitiful effort in the second half and I wish very much that Chris Sensabaugh hadn't of gotten hurt because in my opinion that could and probably would have changed the outcome of this game. I felt so bad watching the players lay on the field in disbelief and I was very shocked myself. D-B is cursed for whatever reason, yes we know this, but stop making fun of all of these kids hard work all year long for this because they do not deserve it. CS had an awesome game tonight even only playing 3 qtrs. Can you please wait until his senior year and see how good he is? Let me remind you that he is a sophomore and he has a great class and he will be running over people for the next two years. But I bet you one thing, it doesnt matter if we had Gerald Sensabaugh, Teddy Gaines, Lamon Williams, Chris Sensabaugh, Coty Sensabaugh, or any other DB alumni mixed in with this team this year because they just can't win in play offs and they aren't going to win state ANYTIME soon because they aren't going to have a full team like this one for years. I still salute DB for their effort all year long and good luck to all of these seniors. God Bless and Roll Tribe

WOW. Thats about enough of the morons who want to blame it on coaching. Bottom line is DB came out in the second half and thought they had it won. GC could have called the same play 25 times in a row and told the other team what they were doing and beat that team if they played like they should have. Anyone who says it was coachings fault is an IDIOT!!!!!!!!! McMinn County was terrible. DB had guys running all over the field wide open on pass plays that they couldnt hit. RB's had wholes wide open that they couldnt hit. Some were clearly ready for Bball practice on monday. At least 5 guys touched #34 on that kickoff return. Do you not think DB has practiced Kick Coverage, im sure they do at least twice a week. You are the same people that thought fulmer should have been fired. It's not his fault he recruits the #3 QB out of HS in the nation and he turns out to be a bust. OH NO, Tennessee is not going to the SEC championship this year, lets fire phil. Learn how to watch a football game and you will clearly see that coaching had nothing to do with DB's loss. Also, I dont hear any suggestions about who DB should hire instead of Clark. Turn your season tickets in, I'm sure someone would enjoy watching there kids play from your seats, or maybe a band parent. Lots of Kids are better off for playing under that coaching staff and have even graduated solely b/c of DB football and their coaches; Many forget that is what it is all about. Grow up and quit moaning and whining, DB had a great year and all the players played a great 42 quarters of Football this year. They just couldnt finish the last two. MORONS

You were doing ok there until you compared GC to Coach Fulmer. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> That kind of made his point. The truth is we lost because of BOTH poor play and poor coaching. If you think DB hasn't established a pattern in these first round games the last 7-8 years (note--that's with different players) you haven't been paying attention. GC complained after the game about how we "just couldn't get a first down" late in the game, but what did he do to try to get one? Having your less than 100% backup RB fall into the middle of the line 3 times with over 2 minutes left and the other team with 2 timeouts guaranteed that we were going to put the outcome of the game back on our special teams and worn out defense, which had just come up with a miraculous interception to stop them on the 3. I told my wife if we didn't get a first down and run out the clock we would lose, and we did. I understand we were on the 3 and didn't want to turn the ball over, but a screen or swing pass to a back out of the backfield on 1st or 2nd down might have done wonders. Something, anything, besides falling into the middle of the line 3 times. Because given our recent playoff history, playing conservative with a lead is waiting for something bad to happen. And it did. I'd much rather have gone down with my guns blazing and thrown a pick--at least we would have tried to WIN the game and not keep from losing it. Sound like any other coach you know, maybe from Knoxville? I'm not calling for GC's head, but he has a terrible record in the playoffs recently. It wasn't all on him though--the players made enough poor plays, penalties and mistakes that everyone is responsible for what happened last night.

Hmmm! Let's see---which of the last several years DB teams have actually won a playoff game???--Oh, that's right----last years! You remember-----the team no one gave a chance to---that lost 3 or 4 games early in the season but played hard and lost really close games. Perhaps those games made them better??? Perhaps the team developed character??? Perhaps they were better???? 10-0 seasons, number one ranking---I don't think so.

That play was genius by the way. I have never seen anything like it. Totally legal and not a thing McMinn could do about it but throw punches. If DB would have won by running out the clock on that play and then took a safety on the free play, it would have probably been on sportscenter. And so called "DB FANS" want to "shake up the coaching staff".

Great Game McMinn County. You fought hard all the way and never gave up.

The play was genius, BUT not Clark's play. It has been talked about at coaching camps for over a dozen years. It was used by a D-2 college team out west. The 2 parts that Clark did not follow were 1-put your toughest, meanest players in for the play. Be prepared for retaliation from the defense. In fact, you are told to put wrestlers in for the play if you have any on the team. Clark has a dozen including 61 and 66. Dont use #3 along with 2 more players to have to "hold" one player. 2nd part to kill time is on the kick off you "sneak" an extra player on to the field during the kick off. It is seldom noticed and it is only a 5 yard penalty for too many players on the field. Take the play or penalty and use more clock. Once again the team had more talent than the coaching staff. I have said all year Clark has 100 horses in the barn and he only rides one. When 32 came up lame it spelled defeat on Clark's playbook. Nobody could expect #15 to pull off the miracle. His self esteem had been destroyed by the great coaching staff of DB. In scrimages they would make him do push ups on the field after a play if he fumbled. NEVER once did he ever make another RB do that! Holt chewed 15 out after one play of not containing. How about the all american #14 or Clarks next door neighbor #66 when they NEVER conatined. That defensive coaching was sickening to watch. Lynn Garden and Boys Club coaches teach the DE the first rule is to contain. The real reason nobody could push the kid out of bounds on the kick off, let alone tackle, they were out of gas. Try wrestlinfg/exercising full speed for 60 seconds (the 2 punt plays) and then try to run 40 yards on the kick off! NO GAS in the tank. Clark played the same players and once again the season is over a good team. Next year very little experience since he never subs. THE ONLY WAY CLARK WILL EVER SEE THE TSSAA CHAMPIONSHIP IS BY BUYING A TICKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW. Thats about enough of the morons who want to blame it on coaching. Bottom line is DB came out in the second half and thought they had it won. GC could have called the same play 25 times in a row and told the other team what they were doing and beat that team if they played like they should have. Anyone who says it was coachings fault is an IDIOT!!!!!!!!! McMinn County was terrible. DB had guys running all over the field wide open on pass plays that they couldnt hit. RB's had wholes wide open that they couldnt hit. Some were clearly ready for Bball practice on monday. At least 5 guys touched #34 on that kickoff return. Do you not think DB has practiced Kick Coverage, im sure they do at least twice a week. You are the same people that thought fulmer should have been fired. It's not his fault he recruits the #3 QB out of HS in the nation and he turns out to be a bust. OH NO, Tennessee is not going to the SEC championship this year, lets fire phil. Learn how to watch a football game and you will clearly see that coaching had nothing to do with DB's loss. Also, I dont hear any suggestions about who DB should hire instead of Clark. Turn your season tickets in, I'm sure someone would enjoy watching there kids play from your seats, or maybe a band parent. Lots of Kids are better off for playing under that coaching staff and have even graduated solely b/c of DB football and their coaches; Many forget that is what it is all about. Grow up and quit moaning and whining, DB had a great year and all the players played a great 42 quarters of Football this year. They just couldnt finish the last two. MORONS

'McMinn County was terrible.' Look at the STATS.....give kids credit