MCMINN BEATS DOBYNS BENNETT!

ArtVandalay

I think there is a rule now. It is holding on the offense. The ref crew blew it.

If particularly egregious, which it sounds like it was, it could be unsportsmanlike conduct. Again, the refs blew it.

As I remember the refs did flag DB for holding on the play. A called play like that should be unsportsmanlike conduct. Thats what I ment. It is a huge black eye for the DB program. One that will be talked about for years to come.

Another year, another "upset" loss by the tribe. Same ole song year after year. When will they stop ranking DB first in the polls, since they know they aren't much better than a top ten team. Oh well as the "STUPID" shirts that the DB morons wear always remind us poor ole county trash "YOU GOT TURF". There's always next year when you can lose again in the first or second round.

Get out the basketballs boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another year, another "upset" loss by the tribe. Same ole song year after year. When will they stop ranking DB first in the polls, since they know they aren't much better than a top ten team. Oh well as the "STUPID" shirts that the DB morons wear always remind us poor ole county trash "YOU GOT TURF". There's always next year when you can lose again in the first or second round.

NO CLASS

I hate it for the seniors,there won't be another group with the talent level as this team in a while.All the DB bashers get you some,cause what goes around comes around,you can bet on it. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

This years team had more talent than last years team. Last years team won their first round playoff game against a better team than this years team faced. I think Clark and the rest of the coaching staff did a very good job of coaching last year. This year the coaching staff seemed lost. Even Watson who has been the bright spot over the years on the DB coaching staff had no clue in the second half friday night. It was almost like they wanted to lose.

Even though you are right in this post. You try to point out the lack of class by the DB fans by displaying your on lack of class. I think it has now been well established that DB is now and will continue to be the "chokers" "overrated" joke of the playoffs" how ever you want to phrase it. Its mind bogleing to think with all the ribing the coaching staff at DB has taken over first round exits that they would go into this game as ill prepared as they did. There is no excuse for it.

The Seniors can take the fact they were part of a team that did go 10-1 and hands down was the best team in Upper East Tennessee.

Not taking anything away from South as they do have a very good team and I do wish them the best in the coming weeks.

Good luck in round 2 to a very good McMinn football team.

The spectators have voiced their opinions, I dare say not so many fans have. I have my opinions same as many others. Alot of things can happen in sports. What ever you may dismiss it to.

Bottom line ( and maybe it is part of the DB arrogance) we feel we have one of the best all around High Schools in the state. They offer the students facilities second to none in the Classroom and in Sports. The education gained at the school continues to be one of the 5 or 6 best to be offered by any school in the state. I will take that for our students anytime over a state championship year in and year out. It's pretty dang tough to get into college or get a very good job with a state championship ring, but the Ole DB sheep skin can open many a door.

Remember spectators it's only entertainment for you, only the players and the coaches have the emotional ties to the out come. No need to drag them down any further, I assure you they feel your pain. I wish our seniors the best in their future efforts.

As I said in a previous post, I believe their will be an offensive coordinator appointed or hired in the off season. Waco, I agree with you that whomever it may be should be hired from outside the program, but with a similar mindset (I would NOT expect a hiring of a coordinator who might overhaul the system). I also would think that Coach Watson will not retire this year. If I know ole Catfish at all, I would believe he would not let himself go out like that, however old or feeble he may be getting. I would expect the coaching staff, players, and fans to take a back to basics approach and set a new set of goals this off season. Take out the unncesseary that may cause distraction, and show in every aspect of preperation and play a new focus. If anything this loss taught us, we aren't what we think we are. Tradtion, wins, and respectability yes...championships no.

Get the pride back. Roll Tribe.

DB whooped our butts in the first half, BUT you have to play a whole game. Through this whole year, besides science hill, tell me when DB had to play a whole game...they've not. That's why they were getting wore out in the fourth quarter, bc they were just flat WORE OUT, not conditioned for the game. Their defensive line never stopped coming, but we made enough plays to get in the right position. The only reason DB coaches called the punt bs was because they knew they were beat. They were scared enough of our boys to try the bull crap, backyard trash that they did. Oh well, when delano got that kick return, he was not going to be denied. Didn't hurt that DB was so tired that they couldn't tackle him on the kick return either! I'm proud of our team for not giving up and proud of our region for getting the sweep and showing how weak region 1 is. Sorry but its the truth

I understand,I'm not happy either.Hope you come over next year

The Seniors can take the fact they were part of a team that did go 10-1 and hands down was the best team in Upper East Tennessee.

Not taking anything away from South as they do have a very good team and I do wish them the best in the coming weeks.

Good luck in round 2 to a very good McMinn football team.

The spectators have voiced their opinions, I dare say not so many fans have. I have my opinions same as many others. Alot of things can happen in sports. What ever you may dismiss it to.

Bottom line ( and maybe it is part of the DB arrogance) we feel we have one of the best all around High Schools in the state. They offer the students facilities second to none in the Classroom and in Sports. The education gained at the school continues to be one of the 5 or 6 best to be offered by any school in the state. I will take that for our students anytime over a state championship year in and year out. It's pretty dang tough to get into college or get a very good job with a state championship ring, but the Ole DB sheep skin can open many a door.

Remember spectators it's only entertainment for you, only the players and the coaches have the emotional ties to the out come. No need to drag them down any further, I assure you they feel your pain. I wish our seniors the best in their future efforts.

You have nothing to base your beginning statement on whatsoever. Now I could come on here and post a great big font "ONE AND DONE" and start the inevitable war. But out of respect I won't. I for one, was in hopes "Kingsport" could cumulatively keep pushing westward and that all for one and one for all would be the theme to end this landmark season. You want to revel in your gold dust while the walls come tumbling down then so be it. BUT, maybe you should ask THS and SHHS who was the better team that they played...DB or South. I don't have to hear what they would say. I know. We Southers have by and large stayed off your threads with the who's better talk and if you want to sit by the fire and tell yourself how great you are until next year then by all means do so, however mutual respect goes a long way. You obviously were winning the game and by all means could have...but you did not. To go ahead and proclaim that you are king is rather pretentious for a supposed leader in the state of TN in high school football when instead you should take the position of a diplomat. But just as we may very well be rednecks you are most definately disrespectful of a program that is still on the prowl. We may bow this Friday...we may not but I would at least think that you could wait until after the fact to start your precious Indian Walk.

Just a thought from the South Side.

You have nothing to base your beginning statement on whatsoever. Now I could come on here and post a great big font "ONE AND DONE" and start the inevitable war. But out of respect I won't. I for one, was in hopes "Kingsport" could cumulatively keep pushing westward and that all for one and one for all would be the theme to end this landmark season. You want to revel in your gold dust while the walls come tumbling down then so be it. BUT, maybe you should ask THS and SHHS who was the better team that they played...DB or South. I don't have to hear what they would say. I know. We Southers have by and large stayed off your threads with the who's better talk and if you want to sit by the fire and tell yourself how great you are until next year then by all means do so, however mutual respect goes a long way. You obviously were winning the game and by all means could have...but you did not. To go ahead and proclaim that you are king is rather pretentious for a supposed leader in the state of TN in high school football when instead you should take the position of a diplomat. But just as we may very well be rednecks you are most definately disrespectful of a program that is still on the prowl. We may bow this Friday...we may not but I would at least think that you could wait until after the fact to start your precious Indian Walk.

Just a thought from the South Side.

Comp give it a break.It was the posters view thats all,he was not downing South.That comment about the walls coming down is kinda hard on us don't you think.AS far as staying off the DB threads you know that ain't true but who cares,all in the fun right. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Go South ,the best team left.

Comp give it a break.It was the posters view thats all,he was not downing South.That comment about the walls coming down is kinda hard on us don't you think.AS far as staying off the DB threads you know that ain't true but who cares,all in the fun right. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Go South ,the best team left.

You are right. Misery loves company not a cold shower.