MCMINN BEATS DOBYNS BENNETT!

ArtVandalay

To All the DB fans and players

I guess many of you was wondering what the heck this was all about. I read a post the other day and was offended and called plowboy2 out. I didn't know what was going on and reacted emotionally instead of rationally. We have PM'ed each other wich is what I should have done in the first place.

I'm sorry to have caused a problem during this time when all are hurting.

tpoole12

Color me confused, can someone tell me how a play designed to break the rules is called legal??

Can anyone tell me how a coach who as a role model called a play showing the kids that it is OK to break the rules on purpose to try and win? Are we sending our kids the wrong message, win at all cost??

The play in question also puts kids in greater harms way, "Do what ever you need to do to hold the other player down, don't let him get up..." How would this have changed the way DB views the play if some player were hurt in the process.

It isn't legal, it is a play founded in knowingly breaking the rules, a coach calling such a play should think long and hard about returning to the field and teaching our kids. Football still shows the honor in the game, you win or loose with honor, heads held high, knowingly breaking the rules, much worst having your players break the rules because you called that play is dishonorable.

It has been said many times before me about the way the game ended, looking back these kids have that play to put the end to a perfect season. It's OK to leave all out on the field, to play and do your best, it's not OK to play the game in that manner, you can fool yourself all you want, a play based in breaking the rules isn't a legal play.

Now let me put this out, I have no contacts on the team, no players playing ( I only have daughters ) but one thing that I have learned from watching McMinn play this season. They aren't a great team, they don't have any one outstanding player ( Well one, the best high school kicker in the state ) but beyond that no one. What they do have is heart, there is no quit in the McMinn players, or at least none this season. This week they play Farragut, one thing you need to know, they did play and loose the regular season game against them. But what McMinn took away from that game was that they could play with anyone. Win or loose against Farragut, McMinn will not quit, it doesn't seem to be in the way this team is made up, they play hard until the last horn is sounded.

If anyone wants to see a good game, make the trip to Farragut this Friday night, McMinn may win, they may not, but you'll get your money's worth. It should be one heck of a game...

Color me confused, can someone tell me how a play designed to break the rules is called legal??

Can anyone tell me how a coach who as a role model called a play showing the kids that it is OK to break the rules on purpose to try and win? Are we sending our kids the wrong message, win at all cost??

The play in question also puts kids in greater harms way, "Do what ever you need to do to hold the other player down, don't let him get up..." How would this have changed the way DB views the play if some player were hurt in the process.

It isn't legal, it is a play founded in knowingly breaking the rules, a coach calling such a play should thing long and hard about returning to the field and teaching our kids. Football still shows the honor in the game, you win or loose with honor, heads held high, knowingly breaking the rules, much worst having your players break the rules because you called that play is dishonorable.

It has been said many times before me about the way the game ended, looking back these kids have that play to put the end to a perfect season. It's OK to leave all out on the field, to play and do your best, it's not OK to play the game in that manner, you can fool yourself all you want, a play based in breaking the rules isn't a legal play.

Now let me put this out, I have no contacts on the team, no players playing ( I only have daughters ) but one thing that I have learned from watching McMinn play this season. They aren't a great team, they don't have any one outstanding player ( Well one, the best high school kicker in the state ) but beyond that no one. What they do have is heart, there is no quit in the McMinn players, or at least none this season. This week they play Farragut, one thing you need to know, they did play and loose the regular season game against them. But what McMinn took away from that game was that they could play with anyone. Win or loose against Farragut, McMinn will not quit, it doesn't seem to be in the way this team is made up, they play hard until the last horn is sounded.

If anyone wants to see a good game, make the trip to Farragut this Friday night, McMinn may win, they may not, but you'll get your money's worth. It should be one heck of a game...

I don't know what else we (DB fans) can say about this. I think we are all ashamed of the of the play call, I know I am. I think Clark now has some soul searching to do. After a couple years of poor coaching he did a good job last year taking what was probably a 5-5 team at best to a 7-3 record and to the second round of the playoffs. This year was a different story. Most of us saw it coming after the forth game of the season. His coaching changed for the worse. He played every game after that "not to lose" instead of playing to win. Almost every post game interview he gave he would admit he didn't do a very good job of coaching, yet he never changed and kept coming back with the same ole' game plan. He did the same thing Friday night, built what he thought was a comfortable lead and sat on it. Now most people with half a brain would know that 3 TD lead at halftime of a playoff game is not comfortable. The 'Illegle"play at the end of the game was a disgrace and probably one that DB will always be known for, right along with "one and done"

I hate it for the seniors,there won't be another group with the talent level as this team in a while.All the DB bashers get you some,cause what goes around comes around,you can bet on it. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Hey Mr. ETATHLETE! Thanks for the personal note. However I ask to to find one statement in my post that was not a fact. Can't do it can you!!!!!!!!!

One and done ain't much fun!!!!!!!

Hey Mr. ETATHLETE! Thanks for the personal note. However I ask to to find one statement in my post that was not a fact. Can't do it can you!!!!!!!!!

You are the greatest ever.I will start a fan club in your greatness.What a guy!! Hail to the profit terolick.The badest man alive!!He calls it with Class!! Hail to the great terolip.He is the man!!Oh great termiteco.You sure can dish it out terobite.Hailto you.We salute you!!! What a g y guy you are terofaqco.Hail to the great one Go strait to hail you great one.

Ah....the ole smell of Fans acting as AD's or School Directors. This reminds me of UT's situation with Dr. Phil F. Although I agree with the Fulmer issue, just not how some so-called fans are clamoring that he is leaving.....high school football is a different animal. I do not know if there needs to be a coaching change at DB. What I do know and support is that Coach Clark has always had EVERY kids' best interest at heart. What is his graduation rate? scholarship % for football athletes? Does anyone think about what he has done for the kids over 25+ years, even as an assistant under Ted Wilson? It seems that everyone talks about DB not being able to win. Do your homework and you will find that noone this side of Knoxville has won a State title since Jefferson County in 1987 and TN High did it back-to-back in 1971-72. At UT, a season ticket holder has the right to fuss because the prices are outrageous. There is a reason your tickets at the high school level are only $6, $7 for playoffs. Fans are supposed to go and support their team and have a good time doing so. What this site has become is a "Let's bash the coaching staff and other teams" portal for some that can, and do, hide behind fake screen names. There's no hiding of my name to those who know me, and those who care...my name is Henry Stokely (class of 1987). I am proud to be a DB alumni and a few DB whiners do not speak for the majority of fans, just as there are few fans at every school who show their rears when things don't go as they think it should. Each year at basketball time, I travel to Tennessee High at Viking Hall and see something that every fan should take note and see if you have the oppotunity. There is a sign that reads (paraphrased) "Let the Fans cheer, the players play, the coaches coach, and the referees ref." Please remember that these same players, and they are just kids, get on these boards and read this junk. If you disrespect the coaching staff on here, then they may disrespect them on the field and others in life. If you have a complaint that you think is legit, then by all means, go to the AD, School Administrator, or the Coach himself and voice your opinion.

I may be wrong but I also think Sevier Co may have won a title.

This years team had more talent than last years team. Last years team won their first round playoff game against a better team than this years team faced. I think Clark and the rest of the coaching staff did a very good job of coaching last year. This year the coaching staff seemed lost. Even Watson who has been the bright spot over the years on the DB coaching staff had no clue in the second half friday night. It was almost like they wanted to lose.

i also think GC did an outstanding coaching job last year. Not so in '08

Yea see you next year comp,will they let us play Happy Valley or Unicoi too. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I don't think so. You will get to play Crockett and Volunteer. I am particularly excited about the Crockett - DB and South - Volunteer rivalries developing.

All the area boys (upper east Tn) will go back to playing each other for so-called bragging rights next year. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Hopefully we can all raise our level of play so we can compete with the rest of the state.

My opinion . . . Sullivan South is the best team in UET. Are they good enough to get past Maryville? I hope so! I think they have as good of a chance as anyone. Can??™t be a late starter with them boys though.

I have not had time this fall to do as much posting and updating of my top NET list. Undoubtedly, SS is the class of NET at this point in the season. DB is second based on the total work of their season, although I realize they are quite upset based on Friday's upset.

Back to the thread topic - and if no one cares I understand. I have not had a chance to review the whole thread but was wondering if there was any discussion of the lack of two platooning by GC and that impact on his team's running out of gas in the 4th quarter in the playoffs. With 100 kids out for football, it sure seems to me that D-B could find 25 to play, not just 15. While GC's philosophy of playing the top 11 has served him well in terms of overall success, I think it contributes to his team running out of gas in the 4th quarter of these 1st round games.

I don't know what else we (DB fans) can say about this. I think we are all ashamed of the of the play call, I know I am. I think Clark now has some soul searching to do. After a couple years of poor coaching he did a good job last year taking what was probably a 5-5 team at best to a 7-3 record and to the second round of the playoffs. This year was a different story. Most of us saw it coming after the forth game of the season. His coaching changed for the worse. He played every game after that "not to lose" instead of playing to win. Almost every post game interview he gave he would admit he didn't do a very good job of coaching, yet he never changed and kept coming back with the same ole' game plan. He did the same thing Friday night, built what he thought was a comfortable lead and sat on it. Now most people with half a brain would know that 3 TD lead at halftime of a playoff game is not comfortable. The 'Illegle"play at the end of the game was a disgrace and probably one that DB will always be known for, right along with "one and done"

With good loyal DB fans, everyone will survive and go one. Heck it takes the focus off of the Vols for a couple of days anyway... The DB players will go on and many will go on to great things I'm sure, lets hope that none of them take this to much to heart. It's a game, people make mistakes, it's what we take from those mistakes that makes us special, and every kid out there is special to someone.

Leave me your phone # maybe we can hook up.I want to show you my version of one and done /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />