Ooltewah vs Soddy Daisy II

VOID70

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defense..... 11-1... Sometimes offenses aren't clicking but luckily we have a lights out defense. VOID you worry way to much about how we score points. Obviously we've done something right with our record...

No,I don't worry TO MUCH.....everybody on here or at the nest knows,that what happened tonight can and will bite us in the rear SOONER OR LATER!!! crowding the line,blitzing the qb,hitting the qb daring us to throw almost worked. FARRAGUT will not be an easy road either.They are a much better team than soddy(even though soddy has played as good as anybody in the state right-now)....it is hard to beat a team TWICE!!! tonight was a prime example of that. Farragut will be the make or break game for this team(THE OVER-THE-HUMP GAME,so to speak).Reed's 1st couple of passes were awesome,but he got popped a few times and it changed his rythmn.He hung tough,but hand it to soddy they knew what they wanted to do...and they almost pulled it off!! Great game to watch,if you were not an owl or trojan,but a nail-biter if you were. EK Slaughter is probably the best head-coaching pick in the last 15 or 20 years.Soddy landed a GOOD-ONE. Hats off to all the owls great game......and the band needs to stay GONE!!! I'VE NEVER SEEN OWLFANS THAT LOUD OR CRAZY IN A LONG-TIME!!!

Great game by SD. They came out and faught all night long and stopped Ooltewah on several occasions. Ooltewah's defense was too much though. Ooltewah had numerous big hits and sacks all night. Jaques disrupted Parrot several times... Soddy had a great year and will be tough next year in the new "district". Parrot has great accuracy but needs to work on his arm strength to be successful at the next level. Seems like he floats the ball alot.... Great decision maker and leader. Hope everyone stayed healthy and hopefully we can pull off a win next week. Go Owls!!

I guess your arm might get tired when you float it for over 2600 yds & 30 TD'S in a season

I guess your arm might get tired when you float it for over 2600 yds & 30 TD'S in a season

If Ooltewah had Parrot,they would be the most dominating team in tennessee or in the tri-state area.But they don't.so the owls will be a very good team w/ a chance of being beat every week,which makes for good football and headlines. Parrot is awesome,Soddy is or should be the surprise feel good team of the year around town. Owls are a heckuva defensive team,a really good running team,but if you stop the run,you stop the owls.PARROT didn't float a whole lot,but the owls did a good job w/ him and thier offense. The punt return for a td,that was called back,was one of the best runs,I've seen all year.The sack #40 (soddy) put on Reed was one of the best hits all year(it ranks up there w/ smith destroying the kid from whitescreek) STUMP shows it all the time on his show.POLK show'n out on that one td was not like him at all?!! He has been through alot.He had alot of emotion,tonight. The hated owls were lucky tonight,better open up the play-book next week.farragut will be ready!!! Soddy will be in the middle of the playoffs for the next couple of years or so,w/ slaughter at the helm. OWLS better be ready w/ something a little different next week...,....but the RUN got ya'll here,so MONROE will run until,he can't.,. then we will see what plays out? I don't like ooltewah,but I would like to see a chattanooga public school win the big gold ball.Tyner did back in 96 and that was the first since central in 68'

Here's my 2 cents:Soddy Daisy came to play.They threw the ball but mixed it up very well.PJ Hubbard wasn't even a factor.Bubba Haney is one football player,I would love to see playing on saturdays somewhere.Good year for soddy. AS for the owls:Reed had 2 good passes(the td was all Polk)Brady did fine until,he got hit.,.but all those times Ooltewah should have passed more through out the year showed,I think.Polk did a good job.The hand-gesture thing going across the goaline was very unusaul for him.Defense hung in there EVERYBODY on defense played well.Special teams did better this time around.The called back punt return, fired people up. And,it helped our return game,they didn't know who to kick it to,so they popped-up that little kick and Josh Harrison took it to the house!!! John Long is awesome.Last thing,Monroe did not look happy after the game,he will take a win anyway he can get it,but he looked concerned on tv. Farragut will be tough.Owls win a close one 21-14

Someone asked what we thought about him and college football. I told him my opinion. I take nothing away from the kid. He is the best qb in the region but I just think he tends to float the ball. He puts it in the right spot though and thats what counts.

PASSING???????..............RUN RUN RUN i m in the RUN CLUB now!!!!!!!!!! The run game was not good at all last night nor was passing game which says alot about SD s defense and the coaches preparation for the game!!! The score was not a reflection of how close the game was all night which it could have gone either way at any time, GOOD GAME TROJANS and OWLS. The difference in the game was 2 big plays by the Owls which worked out thankfully.

PASSING???????..............RUN RUN RUN i m in the RUN CLUB now!!!!!!!!!! The run game was not good at all last night nor was passing game which says alot about SD s defense and the coaches preparation for the game!!! The score was not a reflection of how close the game was all night which it could have gone either way at any time, GOOD GAME TROJANS and OWLS. The difference in the game was 2 big plays by the Owls which worked out thankfully.

Big plays saved the Owls last night! Slaughter had his boys ready. Good job Trojans, you guys had a great season.

Someone asked what we thought about him and college football. I told him my opinion. I take nothing away from the kid. He is the best qb in the region but I just think he tends to float the ball. He puts it in the right spot though and thats what counts.

Sound like you think region 2 5a football is down this year with in your opinion the best QB in that region not college material. Better yet I do not know if you played college football or not maybe you did but i think you should reveiw the tape or ask for a second opinion some of the throws were the long outs thrown from the opposite hashmarks. In my opinion either you don't like Soddy , your jealous , or you do not like the kid in question cause you do not throw for that many yards & td's in the largest region in this state and have a weak arm.

Sound like you think region 2 5a football is down this year with in your opinion the best QB in that region not college material. Better yet I do not know if you played college football or not maybe you did but i think you should reveiw the tape or ask for a second opinion some of the throws were the long outs thrown from the opposite hashmarks. In my opinion either you don't like Soddy , your jealous , or you do not like the kid in question cause you do not throw for that many yards & td's in the largest region in this state and have a weak arm.

Haha ImaOwl definitely knows what he's talking about, and he played college ball as well so I'd trust him. Just because you get a ton of yards and td's doesn't mean you are a college quarterback. He has the size that's for sure, but I agree with Ima, he doesn't have the zip you see in most college quarterbacks. Also depends on where you seeing him play in college, yes there are some schools he could easily go to, but not the ones Soddy fans seem to think. That being said, kid still had a great year.