Mckenzie At Union City

Butchie

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, its up to Mckenzie to determine that. lol

Goog Luck to Union City as well, should have put that in the last message.

Thanks but the cocern is you! Don't try it! You will go into withdrawals then you will need rehab! It's like eating cheetos you can't just stop cold turkey!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Duckman... I hope the Rebels only motivation is not just revenge. They had better be prepared. I know for a fact ya'll probably got beat by the refs during the regular season. The same thing happened to Huntingdon in 2001, I believe. UC had the ball at midfield with no timeouts under a minute and complete a pass. The clock stops for placement of the chains and then the clock doesn't start during the refs signal. Probably got 12 extra seconds because of that. Then the ref calls a time out to warn the UC band not to play during the game. This lets the kicker from UC race onto the field and kick a 35 yd. field goal.. Unbelieveable, but the Mustangs lost.

Motivation and being fired up only lasts about one series in my opinion and then talent and coaching will win the game. I hope Comer doesn't decide to be a "Maverick" and go for it at midfield like he did against MT. Pleasant last year in the semi's. If the Rebels had lost that game then that play would have been remembered forever.

Good luck to ya'll...

Rebels.. 17

UC... 7

If you didn't know, Union City has already played and beat Mckenzie. Sounds like a great game and I would go if Huntingdon wasn't still in it. I just don't see Union City pulling out another win.

Mckenzie by 10!!!!

I haven't heard that much about mckenzie but i've personally played against manasas and all they pretty much did was run and they did it well because they have some big guys up front, what does mckenzie have?

On page one of that thread it sure looks like a Mckenzie logo at the bottom of his post where he says Manassas should not be in 1A. I didn't start the comments about size. I am just pointing out that some of the Mckenzie fans used the very argument that other Mckenzie fans say is irrelevant. Again, the team I pull for is a big school for 2A so I understand the larger school's side. The bottom line that got this whole argument started has nothing to do with size. That just came out of the argument, and for the record I don't dislike anyone on here. I don't know most of the people on here. I just think that a person can show humility and still be funny and interesting. I'm sure Butchie is a really nice guy. He probably gets a kick out of irritating people on here. Maybe he is not like that in person, and I probably shouldn't let it bother me, but unless I'm wrong all I did was try to be objective and give my opinion about region 8 vs. region 7. I was not personally attacking any team. I even stated that I would pull for region 7. I even said I was pulling for Mckenzie. I was wrong about the outcome of the 1st round. The next thing I know I'm being called a whiner and everything else. I didn't help matters when I returned with the comment that I hope it aint close in the U.C. game and that I "used to respect Mckenzie." I guess I shouldn't have said those because they weren't objective comments. They were emotional. For that, I apologize. I do stand by my comment that Butchie should try to show some humility. Who knows, he might actually like it.

OK by me. I'll accept that. And Butchie kind of likes yankin' your chain too so take it in that light with him. As for me, I don't get mad, I just plead my case and move on. Maybe someone from McKenzie did mention we were smaller than them?? I don't remember but, most of us could care less. If that's who we gotta play lets get it on.....is pretty much how we look at it.

Humility Aint In My Nature...LOL Dr. Phil. But I Do Enjoy What I Do... You Wanna Talk Stats let's Do It... You Wanna Know About Region 5.....I Know Em........Region 6.........Know Them too... Seen Most Of Them... Especially Teams We Might Face.... I've Talked Smack From The Smokies To Reelfoot Lake.... And I Have The Skinny On Each And Every Contender Still In It. I Don't Have Time For Humility... The Attitude I Portray Is The One I Like. I'm Really Comfortable Being Me.. Oviously Your Not Comfortable Reading My Posts So Why Take Issue With Them.

So Why?........ Would You Purposely?......Stalk Me?....... Have You Been Recently Released From A Penal Institution? Or You Just Have Nothing Better To Do? Does It Strike You As Odd That Your The Only One Complaining About Ole Butchie? Go In Any Room In 1A And Ask Them? Your The Only One.

Duckman... I hope the Rebels only motivation is not just revenge. They had better be prepared. I know for a fact ya'll probably got beat by the refs during the regular season. The same thing happened to Huntingdon in 2001, I believe. UC had the ball at midfield with no timeouts under a minute and complete a pass. The clock stops for placement of the chains and then the clock doesn't start during the refs signal. Probably got 12 extra seconds because of that. Then the ref calls a time out to warn the UC band not to play during the game. This lets the kicker from UC race onto the field and kick a 35 yd. field goal.. Unbelieveable, but the Mustangs lost.

Motivation and being fired up only lasts about one series in my opinion and then talent and coaching will win the game. I hope Comer doesn't decide to be a "Maverick" and go for it at midfield like he did against MT. Pleasant last year in the semi's. If the Rebels had lost that game then that play would have been remembered forever.

Good luck to ya'll...

Rebels.. 17

UC... 7

After watching our kids play against Manassas last Friday night it's easy for me to see that this weeks game is not about revenge for them. They want to go back to the 'Boro. Manassas was a very tough opponent, as good as we've faced all season. We even forced them to throw the ball some and they knew how to do that too. But that game is history and it's all about UC this week.

Our kids enjoyed going to the 'Boro last season even though it didn't work out too good in the end, I'm thinking they just plain want to go back again if at all possible and now it's down to "do or die" time. I can't really say that we have improved a lot in the last 3-4 weeks but we have started playing a LOT tougher. We have been bent but, not broken except against Lake Co. and most of us would like another try at them too (no offense meant to Gleason.)

I know what you're saying about the Mt. Pleasant game. Comer does coach a little bit "out of the box" sometimes. LOL We kind of expect the unexpected here now.

By the way, congrats on ya'lls huge win over USJ and on Holders awsome night!!!! NOBODY expected that one!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Are you going to all the games at the 'Boro this year??? If we don't make it I've got a favor to ask if you are going.

tha' duck