Brentwood Academy vs. Ensworth

moose

In pro boxing if a fighter earning 30 million dollars in a fight gets ko'd by one punch in 10 seconds he's done for the night.In some states he's done for thirty days in others he may be required to undergo a brainscan before fighting again.Thank God that he did not receive another ko blow last night his young career could be over.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To quote Kwoodroof: Odd...none of the Ensworth supporters have offered congrats to BA, or wished them good luck next week. Hmmmmm....

Perhaps not this site, but quite a few did in person.

The game was quality entertainment, and to a person every fan and player I encountered had only positive comments about the referees, the players on both teams and their coaches. The EHS team had played and won 11 games, giving it their all, and by last night the sidelines, as one parent put it, looked like a MASH unit. It didn't help that both of EHS's "star" backs were injured in the first half, Tavarres with an ankle sprain and Orleans with a possible concussion. In wet weather the game was a great effort on both sides, and for the most part great fun to watch. BA absolutely brought their "A" game and kept it up for four quarters, and for that they earned a big win.

I believe many serious fans have moved on from this site, possibly because of the number of unsupervised middle schoolers with internet access. Which is too bad, as the informed posters truly contribute to the marketplace of ideas and can make football season more fun for the dedicated spectator. BA's players, coaches and parents deserve sincere congratulations and carry with them many best wishes to Murfreesboro.

[/quote

Stop making excuses about a Mash unit for EHS. I know BA is just as beat up as you are with Josh Tate, Glen Searcy, Phillip Henniger and others all playing hurt or out. MBA has Joseph Sloan and Reuben Thomas both starting Defensive tackles out and Sloan also started at TE. Reggie Ford (FS), Clark Benton (LT), and Martin Luplow (RG) all were playing on high snkle sprains on 1 week of rest when your suppose to have 4-6 weeks of rest. At this time of the year everybody is playing hurt with injuries and you have to overcome them. BA is just a better team than EHS but the record does not show it because BA plays a tough schedule and EHS plays 3 or 4 solid teams out of a 10 game schedule. So EHS fans, stop making excuses to make yourself feel better!!!

hey douchebag, i didnt write that.

try reading a post before you attack it.

congratulations to ba, it was an awesome game to watch.

i still hope mus beats them in the championships though...

I make almost no predictions here, but I'm going out on a limb and guess that your language will earn you a thankfully short tenure here. You won't be missed.

Couldn't be happier that Brentwood Academy won this game. Ensworth, a class-less team led by their class-less coach, had this coming to them. relying too much on talent to bail them out finally comes back to bite them. Congrats to the COACHING from BA Potter threw a curveball on offense, switching to the wing t, and Elliott's defense seemed to have Ricky's number on offense. BA finally showed what many thought they would be all season, they are peaking at the right time and have another tough opponent in the championship game with MUS who absolutely dominated MBA. Good luck eagles! Im going out on a limb and saying IF BA wins, it will be because Cody Nelson manages the game well, and DJ Luna has a solid game.

In pro boxing if a fighter earning 30 million dollars in a fight gets ko'd by one punch in 10 seconds he's done for the night.In some states he's done for thirty days in others he may be required to undergo a brainscan before fighting again.Thank God that he did not receive another ko blow last night his young career could be over.

I've got to assume that EHS had a doctor take a look at Darkwa and determine he was good to go. I don't think Bowers/EHS would send him out without being checked. I'm sure that with the families at EHS, they have plenty of doctors that are available (as do BA, MBA etc.). He didn't warm up with the team after half and was being watched pretty closely.

I've got to assume that EHS had a doctor take a look at Darkwa and determine he was good to go. I don't think Bowers/EHS would send him out without being checked. I'm sure that with the families at EHS, they have plenty of doctors that are available (as do BA, MBA etc.). He didn't warm up with the team after half and was being watched pretty closely.

I never assume on a serious matter.It's possible that ensworth has the necessary medical equipment on site for one of those doctors to do an adequate evaluation.Even mixed martial arts govern under the principle of one blow too few beats one too many.This kid was ko'd.I would have hated to see his career ruined last night and I definitely do not want to witness another Duk Koo Kim.

I never assume on a serious matter.It's possible that ensworth has the necessary medical equipment on site for one of those doctors to do an adequate evaluation.Even mixed martial arts govern under the principle of one blow too few beats one too many.This kid was ko'd.I would have hated to see his career ruined last night and I definitely do not want to witness another Duk Koo Kim.

You may never assume (although you seem to be assuming he was not fit to go back into the game), but I believe there were people on the field a lot closer to the situation than you or I that determined that he was OK to go back in. No body wants to see his career ruined or, God forbid, worse. We can sit in the stands and make our judgments, but I have faith that EHS has Darkwa's best long term interest at heart.

Either way, I'm certainly glad he came out OK and we (BA) and the rest of DII better be ready to see a bunch of him next year -- he's a talent.

You may never assume (although you seem to be assuming he was not fit to go back into the game), but I believe there were people on the field a lot closer to the situation than you or I that determined that he was OK to go back in. No body wants to see his career ruined or, God forbid, worse. We can sit in the stands and make our judgments, but I have faith that EHS has Darkwa's best long term interest at heart.

Either way, I'm certainly glad he came out OK and we (BA) and the rest of DII better be ready to see a bunch of him next year -- he's a talent.

I never assumed that he was not fit to re-enter the game .What were you reading?I questioned the risk .

I never assumed that he was not fit to re-enter the game .What were you reading?I questioned the risk .

For the record my son had a similar situation and he was not allowed to return.I as a parent pulled my son from a situation.The risk is not worth the reward.I did not have to be the closest to Darkwa determine that.

My only point was that I believe there were others closer to the situation (and I assume with more knowledge of his condition) that were there to make the call -- that's all.

I'm glad he's OK