Goodpasture at Lewis County

TRADITION

I'm pretty much referring to the posters that are crying about smack talking. This is what football is about. It's a full contact sport. If you can't take the smack, I'm sure there is a flag football forum some

Do you think your jawin' is going to intimidate or impress anyone from Lewis Co? Never played on our field have ya'?

I have always been afraid of panthers.

You should be. After Friday night I expect you always will be.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Cougarbrown, do you think GP is playing good enough to get to the boro again?

I think that Goodpasture has a better than average team this year, but not as strong as the last 3 years. Making it to the Boro, I don't know. If we win Friday, I think we would take CPA or Fairview. If Milan wins out, I think they would be a very hard challenge. Sad thing is, I don't see Alcoa being stopped anytime soon.

Goodpasture lost to: Mcgavock(4-6) by 21, JPII(3-7) by 6, Lipscomb(11-0) by 19, and CPA (8-3) by 11.... now how bout those AMAZING teams they lost to... Lipscomb is the only legitimate team... CPA maybe is as good as LC, GP is not... LC by 12... look at the numbers people... If you think we can't stop speed to the outside, watch the game films...

Goodpasture lost to: Mcgavock(4-6) by 21, JPII(3-7) by 6, Lipscomb(11-0) by 19, and CPA (8-3) by 11.... now how bout those AMAZING teams they lost to... Lipscomb is the only legitimate team... CPA maybe is as good as LC, GP is not... LC by 12... look at the numbers people... If you think we can't stop speed to the outside, watch the game films...

So if Goodpasture replaced those games with some 1A & 2A teams and beat them, then came out with a 10-1, they would hold a candle to Lewis Co?

CPA is as good as LC but GP is not?

Too much testosterone on this thread now for me. See ya'all at the game.

Before I go, I also wanted to congratulate Benji Cunningham, Mason Sharp, and Kane Crowell being a Finalist for Mr. Football since they are the ones that are playing Friday night.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Alright, I am a CPA fan who is gonna stand up for Goodpasture in this one. The records of these teams are really insignificant when you look at who they really are. McGavock is the biggest school in Tennessee. JPII is DII, and as a CPA fan I know how tough those teams can be because that is who our 3 losses came to. Lipscomb is one of the best teams in the state regardless of class, and they are in 3A. Again, CPA is undefeated in 2A, and their 3 losses came to powerhouse Ensworth, ECS, and Father Ryan, and I believe that any team in 2A with the possible exception of Alcoa(who we will never really know because they don't schedule DII) would have lost to those teams. Year in year out Goodpasture and CPA have tough out of region schedules, partly because they are close to Nashville, and this sometimes hurts their overall record. Not to mention they have to get past each other twice to get to state. But I think it has payed off in the playoffs and will again this year.

You are missing the point. There are alot of players on Goodpasture that go both ways, just like at alot of 2A schools. Mcgavock was a good test because they are the largest school in the mid-state (5A), and were able to wear us down because of thier numbers. Don't forget, Goodpasture is very young, and it was a great test early in the season. Lipscomb was a great game. We were down by 8 with under a minute to go, and we had a turnover inside the 10 yard line. JP3 was a grudge match, and simply put, our boys did not play well that night. Against CPA, again that was a great game. We had two touchdowns called back. One a defensive fumble return which I still dont know why it was called back. And a long touchdown run where a holding call was made on the opposite side of the play! So if you would have know this, im sure you would not have been so sarcastic. This is a young team. The reason Coach Martin plays these teams is to test them early and often, so that they will be battle tested for the playoffs. Goodpasture is a traditional winning program. They just won there 300th school victory. The standard is high at Goodpasture. Our teams are measured by how far they make it in the playoffs, not by there regular season victories. LC had a great season, and I am very happy for them. You should be proud. Coach Martin just likes to play the best competition he can (alot of teams dont want to play us in the regular season). I heard Coach Martin is already trying to schedule MBA and Ensworth for next year, in addition to moving up to 3A. I wish all the boys at LC and GP good health and good luck friday night!