Goodpasture at Lewis County

TRADITION

It was a dropped forward pass, therefore not returnable.

Regardless, Good Luck Friday nite!

Good luck to you as well. That was the call. But if you saw the film, you would notice that a wide receiver was sprinting down the sideline, and they were trying to run a wide receiver screen and then pass it to the deep wide receiver. That is why the Goodpasture side was confused by the call. That, and if it was a dropped forward pass, why did the referee not blow the whistle. Why did he allow the play to continue? Either way, it was a great game, and both CPA and Goodpasture are great teams. I hope each do well in the playoffs.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some who have said that I am attempting to be an "expert" by stating my beliefs. That is not the case and I have reasons for everything that I state about any team. This is not meant to sound like a ???know it all??? stating his all knowing opinion, although I??™m allow to have one. So please take it as it is intended, with no disrespect. I thought some might enjoy my account of the history between the two teams.

In 1977 LC Lost 36 to 8 at GP. GP control the entire game and over matched the panthers with their overall team speed.

In 1978 it was a more competitive game in Hohenwald than the previous year with GP pulling away in the 2nd half to win 25-0. LC played pretty good defense, but never got anything going offensively.

In 1980 at GP it was a much more of a spirited game then the previous two. LC appeared to have the advantage since the two teams had scrimmaged during the preseason with LC dominating. The game proved to be a different story with GP jumping out to an early lead and LC closing at the end. It was too little too late and GP took advantages of lesson learned during the early scrimmage.

During the 1981 in LC the panthers were optimistic going in, but ran into a superior team. LC was shell shocked from the beginning and only really threatened once in losing 16-0.

The 1995 at GP was the best cougar team that the panthers had faced to that point. It was a back and forth game with GP jumping in front 14-0 before the half. LC outscored the soon to be state champs 14-3 in the second half, but it wasn??™t enough and the rest is history. This year along with 1981 was probably LC best chance to date to make a run at the championship.

In 2006 at GP the cougars were clearly the superior team and LC appeared to play intimidated from the onset. This was the only true run away in the series and ended 48-0.

What will the history books say about the 2008 game? Time will tell the story!

There are some who have said that I am attempting to be an "expert" by stating my beliefs. That is not the case and I have reasons for everything that I state about any team. This is not meant to sound like a ???know it all??? stating his all knowing opinion, although I??™m allow to have one. So please take it as it is intended, with no disrespect. I thought some might enjoy my account of the history between the two teams.

In 1977 LC Lost 36 to 8 at GP. GP control the entire game and over matched the panthers with their overall team speed.

In 1978 it was a more competitive game in Hohenwald than the previous year with GP pulling away in the 2nd half to win 25-0. LC played pretty good defense, but never got anything going offensively.

In 1980 at GP it was a much more of a spirited game then the previous two. LC appeared to have the advantage since the two teams had scrimmaged during the preseason with LC dominating. The game proved to be a different story with GP jumping out to an early lead and LC closing at the end. It was too little too late and GP took advantages of lesson learned during the early scrimmage.

During the 1981 in LC the panthers were optimistic going in, but ran into a superior team. LC was shell shocked from the beginning and only really threatened once in losing 16-0.

The 1995 at GP was the best cougar team that the panthers had faced to that point. It was a back and forth game with GP jumping in front 14-0 before the half. LC outscored the soon to be state champs 14-3 in the second half, but it wasn??™t enough and the rest is history. This year along with 1981 was probably LC best chance to date to make a run at the championship.

In 2006 at GP the cougars were clearly the superior team and LC appeared to play intimidated from the onset. This was the only true run away in the series and ended 48-0.

What will the history books say about the 2008 game? Time will tell the story!

Although that sounds great, the past is the past. The young men on both sides of the field have an opportunity to add to the history between these two teams. I think the past results will not come into affect as long as it is a close game. The longer it is a close game, the more LC will "believe". Stewart County was very excited last Friday, but as soon as we went up 14-0, the attitude changed. I think it will be a close game, and I am looking forward to attending.

I didn't mean to imply that LC does not believe they can beat GP. Getting this group to think they can defeat GP is not a challenge. They will not get shell shocked if GP has early success as SC did. SC??™s program has come a long way and they are on the right track, but they are at a different point in their program then LC.

I didn't mean to imply that LC does not believe they can beat GP. Getting this group to think they can defeat GP is not a challenge. They will not get shell shocked if GP has early success as SC did. SC??™s program has come a long way and they are on the right track, but they are at a different point in their program then LC.

I agree that LC is a much better team than SC, and I am looking forward to a close game!

I'm 700 miles away.... I've looked forward to this matchup since '06.... I hope we can finally get over the GP hump... history says we will lose, but these guys aren't the same guys.... It will be a good game, thats for sure. Good luck to both teams

Did you play G/DE for the Panthers?

Well first of all yes I was bent out of shape because you made those remarks and they were uncalled for. Now as far as calling anyone cheats and liars and deliberately violating TSSAA rules, I would like to see my post that says that. You won't find it because I didn't say it. I did say they recruit and they do. You know it, I know it and everyone else knows it. That's the reason the public schools don't like having to play the ABC schools is because they have the luxury of going and finding good players and offering them (academic) scholarships. I have known several players in my past who have been approached by the ABC schools in the Nashville area about coming to play different sports. Now is this cheating, not if the TSSAA says it's not but it does give an unfair advantage to a rural school who has to play the hand it is dealt.

Now as far as coming to my church, that is definitely uncalled for. I am being honest about this, what about you?

Thats some weak sauce, dude. Bring some facts next time you accuse a good school of doing something that underhanded. See you on friday night.

45-21 GP

MATT610 Again, CPA is undefeated in 2A, and their 3 losses came to powerhouse Ensworth, ECS, and Father Ryan, and I believe that any team in 2A with the possible exception of Alcoa(who we will never really know because they don't schedule DII) would have lost to those teams.

Well Matt610 just to let you know two years ago we had a home and home series with Fulton and McCallie. We won both games against McCallie and split with Fulton. The next year McCallie dropped US. The reason we don't schedule DII schools is because they won't play us. We will play ANYONE. Tell any of those private schools in Nashville to call Alcoa's athletic director. We need 3 more games for next year. We would love a shot at MBA, BA, or Ensworth. Hopefully someone will step up and PLAY US. Why don't CPA play a home and home with ALCOA? We need to fill some spots for next year. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="