Goodpasture at Lewis County

TRADITION

I was told an explanation that came directly from the official and "robjim" can back me up on this. During the play, there was one official who was able to determine that it was a forward pass, but could not determine possession from the angle he was at. Another official could see that it was an incomplete pass, but could not tell if it was a forward pass from his angle. Without certainty, neither of the officials could stop the play at that point, so they let it play out. After Goodpasture picked the ball up and ran it back to the endzone, the officials got together and matched their stories up and ended up calling it an incomplete pass, negating the TD. I am a CPA fan, however I 100% understand the frustration with this. Any time a crucial, game-changing play occurs, and then gets called back, it can really take the momentum out of a team. For the sake of both teams, it would have been best for the right call to be made immediately rather than after an apparent TD, but making the right call in the end is still better than not.

I understand your point. But you are right, that was the game changing moment. If the play stands, it is 14-7 going into half. Since it was reversed, CPA kept the ball and scored before halftime. A 14 point swing. Everything you say is logical, I just would have liked to have seen them blow the whistle. I guess I am still confused about the wide receiver running down the sideline waving his hands like he was expecting someone to throw it to him. But enough about that, I wish both teams good luck and good health in the game tonight.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will be selling bar b-q plate dinners at the ballgame. You will get a bar b-q sandwich, fries, and a drink for $6. Everyone: come early to avoid the traffic and bring your appetite. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> Good luck to both teams. Let's hope for a great game with no injuries.

We will be selling bar b-q plate dinners at the ballgame. You will get a bar b-q sandwich, fries, and a drink for $6. Everyone: come early to avoid the traffic and bring your appetite. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> Good luck to both teams. Let's hope for a great game with no injuries.

AMEN

Sounds great, Thanks /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />