Goodpasture at Lewis County

TRADITION

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What strength? It happens every year.

They thought that since GP was 7-4 and they were 11-0, that Goodpasture was not that good of a team. The 4 losses that GP had was so much stronger than LC. I thought it would be a hard fought game since Goodpastures quarterback is only 14 years old. I didn't think that LC would put 21 points on them though.

Very good game GP #24 was the real deal.Hope LC #20 Mathis is ok we really missed him.#4 Tennison stepped in at fullback and did great job,looked real good in 3rd quarter.#5 Crowell what a game you are very focused.#51 Sharpe you played your heart out.Big Willie you throwed some key blocks on that opening 3rd quarter drive.Great season to all of you.GP why dont you give #24 the ball more he scared me to death every time he touched it.To GP fans well great game only that one tall kid gray sweat shirt I saw you tearing some of our region champs flags off their flag pole at the far end of the stadium.You didnt have to do that.

That's a shame if they were doing that. Oh I forgot.....he might have wanted one.......they didn't get one this year......That belong to CPA. Maybe CPA should have someone watching when they come to town.

One heck of a game.

Would love to watch these two teams play a couple of more times......!!

Losing Colton diffently hurt LCHS chances, but thats football have to deal with the cards your delt!

Great season PANTHERS!

Tonight's game was a great one. Goodpasture went up 28-14 with about 5 minutes left in the game and it would have been easy to fold the tent but Lewis County showed a lot of character in coming back and scoring to make it 28-21, then holding the Cougars and getting the ball back with less than a minute to go. The Panthers drove from their own 40 to the Cougar 20 yard line with 13 seconds left. A final pass play was stopped at the 8 yard line as time expired and it wound up 28-21. And now for observations...

Goodpasture has an exceptional team and Cunningham will no doubt puinch his ticket to D-1. They also have great character and class. It was refreshing to see these two teams show mutual respect and sportsmanship during the game. In games like these, no one could ever be satisfied losing but the facts are that someone wins and someone loses. On this night, the Cougars wound up a little better and advance. They have a lot of talent, excellent skill people and good line play and should have a fine chance of continuing on.

I have left a lot of seasons being totally frustrated with the outcome, tonight, that is not the case. We left nothing on the field and gave great effort all night. The Cougars were a lot deeper than we were and it took its toll on occasion. But when the time came that we could have laid down in the fourth quarter, we showed true character and came within a few yards of scoring near the end. I am extremely proud of our team and coaches for giving all they had and never quitting.

People can talk about our schedule all they want and they can also talk about one and done but folks around the program know that this year was a special bunch and they have brought a lot of joy and excitement to our community. They fought to the very end and simply got beat by a team that was a little better and there is absolutely no shame in that.

God gives us all kinds of tests in life to see how we react. Life is not always about winning but sometimes it is about building character, faith, teamwork, love and family. I thought that both teams exhibited so much of what high school football should be about tonight. And I know that the Panther team made some remarkable progress since week zero, not only as a football team but also as young men and a close knit group of friends. I give God thanks for him giving me the chance to be a part of this season and see these young men grow.

and wish them nothing but success as they journey through life.

Very good game GP #24 was the real deal.Hope LC #20 Mathis is ok we really missed him.#4 Tennison stepped in at fullback and did great job,looked real good in 3rd quarter.#5 Crowell what a game you are very focused.#51 Sharpe you played your heart out.Big Willie you throwed some key blocks on that opening 3rd quarter drive.Great season to all of you.GP why dont you give #24 the ball more he scared me to death every time he touched it.To GP fans well great game only that one tall kid gray sweat shirt I saw you tearing some of our region champs flags off their flag pole at the far end of the stadium.You didnt have to do that.

Good game boys! I really wish you would not make parting shots. Every year there are always a few people that react badly. There were several teenagers that made very rude comments to my wife and I when we were there, especially at halftime when we went to get a BBQ sandwich on the LC side. Also, when we went to our car, some LC teenagers in a blue Chevy truck told us to get out of town quick or they were going to damage our car. I cleaned the language up a little right there! My point is, these are high school kids. Both on and off the field they make mistakes. When you post your parding shot, you are implying that Goodpasture does not have class, and that is not right. Did you see the end of the game when our players and coach's went over and prayed with LC's players. Did not mention that in your post. Or did you see the elderly woman from LC who tripped and fell coming out of the game, and one of our Goodpasture parents went and got her car for her and brought it up for her! I do not believe that the young teenagers that made comments to my wife and I are representative of true LC fans, neither should you. I was ready to let those actions go untold, but if you make your parting shots, I have to defend our team and fans!