Cascade vs. McEwen

FridayMainEvent

Playoff Winner  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Playoff Winner

Trey you sound confidence about Cascade and I about Mactown. But you should know that It is hard tow beat a team two time in one season.

That's an old saying that some coach made up to tell his team since they were playing a team that beat em. You can beat a team 10 times in a season if you have the players and the know how to do it. I don't buy into that bs saying. McEwen may win this game, but it won't have a darn thing to do with that theory. It is no harder to beat a team twice than it is once. Both teams still have the same players.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's an old saying that some coach made up to tell his team since they were playing a team that beat em. You can beat a team 10 times in a season if you have the players and the know how to do it. I don't buy into that bs saying. McEwen may win this game, but it won't have a darn thing to do with that theory. It is no harder to beat a team twice than it is once. Both teams still have the same players.

You are right there. But the only way that one team beats the other 10 time is if there is on improvement from the losing team. That is not the case here. In this game we have two of the three best teams in the same region trying to go on.

You are right there. But the only way that one team beats the other 10 time is if there is on improvement from the losing team. That is not the case here. In this game we have two of the three best teams in the same region trying to go on.

C11 is there any good places to eat around Wartrace. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I understand that Tex, and I'm am not saying that McEwen cannot win this game. If Cascade is off there game AT ALL, McEwen is more than capable of beating them. What you McEwen folks are obviously not willing to admit is that Cascade hasn't just stayed "status quo" since week 2. We also have greatly improved and Coach Carkuff has added to our offensive scheme each week since. Our defense now has a much better grasp of their responsibilities than they did is week two. We were playing our second game of a totally revamped defensive scheme. Our kids didn't even know responsibility in practice at the point of the season, let alone in a game. All I've heard every since then is how much better McEwen is now and how much better conditioned McEwen is now. Do you think we've just stood idle and not made any improvements since that game. I hope that is the attitude in McEwen. If so, this game will be over before halftime. I can assure you, McEwen will get all the want Friday night. I was at practice tonight and those kids are preparing as if they have the Tennessee Titans coming to town Friday night. Trust me, they'll be ready!

C11 is there any good places to eat around Wartrace. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

There is a Whitt's Barbeque right in front of the school, and that is about it. We do have the Bell Buckle Cafe right on the square in Bell Buckle. They offer a country style dinner at a very reasonable price. Many people from Shelbyville drive all the way out there just for the great atmosphere and excellent food.

I understand that Tex, and I'm am not saying that McEwen cannot win this game. If Cascade is off there game AT ALL, McEwen is more than capable of beating them. What you McEwen folks are obviously not willing to admit is that Cascade hasn't just stayed "status quo" since week 2. We also have greatly improved and Coach Carkuff has added to our offensive scheme each week since. Our defense now has a much better grasp of their responsibilities than they did is week two. We were playing our second game of a totally revamped defensive scheme. Our kids didn't even know responsibility in practice at the point of the season, let alone in a game. All I've heard every since then is how much better McEwen is now and how much better conditioned McEwen is now. Do you think we've just stood idle and not made any improvements since that game. I hope that is the attitude in McEwen. If so, this game will be over before halftime. I can assure you, McEwen will get all the want Friday night. I was at practice tonight and those kids are preparing as if they have the Tennessee Titans coming to town Friday night. Trust me, they'll be ready!

I know what you are saying I know that Cascade has made improvements but I do know that McEwen has added somting new each week also.

There is a Whitt's Barbeque right in front of the school, and that is about it. We do have the Bell Buckle Cafe right on the square in Bell Buckle. They offer a country style dinner at a very reasonable price. Many people from Shelbyville drive all the way out there just for the great atmosphere and excellent food.

Whitt's Barbecue........I have never found one that could cook barbecue that did not taste any good. I think that we may try Bell Buckle.

Are McEwen fans and Cascade fans disappointed to not see either Ethan Tummins or Jacob Carkuff listed as a finalist for Mr. Football in Single A? Both kids are darn talented in my opinion. Grace Academy had a kid with crazy stats that didn't make it as well.

http://tennessee.Unapproved Website/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=82252

Their not going to show our region any love a couple of years ago Daniel Puckett was one of the most dominate

Basketball players in 1a and he didn't get it

Lady, for somebody who reads these boards as much as you, one would think you'd have figured out by now that Logger, Butchie, Trey, and myself enjoy cutting up with each other. The Weenie roast was obviously meant as a joke and every reference to any meeting in two weeks have always been preceded by the statement "If we are both fortunate enough to survive this week". If you feel it is necessary to continuously play the "Little old McEwen ain't getting any respect" card in an attempt to fire your kids up, then by all means Carry ON! I don't think our kids at Cascade need any agitation from me or these boards to be ready to play Friday. Have a safe trip down.

Do I feel our guys get the respect they deserve? No. Are we used to it? Yes. But the difference in you and me is that I don't get on this board and leave posts like the ones you have left me over the last few weeks. I do have more respect for people than to do that. You obviously have trouble in that area. Does this jog your memory:

We'll just a little information for you MACTOWN fans! Cascade was on the field at 8:00 also. I'm extremely happy to see the vote on our game is so one-sided in your favor! MacTown may be just as good as advertised, but I can assure you when you roll into "THE STABLE" nobodys gonna roll out the welcome mat! I've stayed low key, but I'm getting a little tired of the lack of respect the kids are seeing here. YOU BETTER COME READY TO PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have also referred to one of my posts a couple of weeks ago as "CRAP". What is your problem? You can be so rude. It seems like when anyone gets fired up about their team, you go on the offensive (or defensive) and try to set them straight in some way. Just chill out and let them tell you why they are fired up about their team. You don't have to give them a bunch of reasons in black or orange letters as to why they are seeing the whole picture wrong. Everyone has their opinion. Yours is not the only one that counts.

Do I feel our guys get the respect they deserve? No. Are we used to it? Yes. But the difference in you and me is that I don't get on this board and leave posts like the ones you have left me over the last few weeks. I do have more respect for people than to do that. You obviously have trouble in that area. Does this jog your memory:

We'll just a little information for you MACTOWN fans! Cascade was on the field at 8:00 also. I'm extremely happy to see the vote on our game is so one-sided in your favor! MacTown may be just as good as advertised, but I can assure you when you roll into "THE STABLE" nobodys gonna roll out the welcome mat! I've stayed low key, but I'm getting a little tired of the lack of respect the kids are seeing here. YOU BETTER COME READY TO PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have also referred to one of my posts a couple of weeks ago as "CRAP". What is your problem? You can be so rude. It seems like when anyone gets fired up about their team, you go on the offensive (or defensive) and try to set them straight in some way. Just chill out and let them tell you why they are fired up about their team. You don't have to give them a bunch of reasons in black or orange letters as to why they are seeing the whole picture wrong. Everyone has their opinion. Yours is not the only one that counts.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Its a message board. If you think this is bad you should check other threads. Atleast most people get on here in region 5 and get along. He has not said anything bad about your boys or team to a personal matter. If you think him or any other fan from another team will not defend their team till the end you have lost your mind. You are doing the same thing which you have the right too. Cascade 11 is a good guy and would never talk about about playrs. If you think saying his team will win and yours wont then you need to get a dose of reality. Good luck to your boys this Friday night.

GO CHAMPS /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />