Cookeville at Oakland

2XxX0

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly think this is going to be a tuff game for Oakland. We had a good offensive game vs. WC but the question is can we be consistent? Our defense cant keep bailing us out time and time again. If it wasnt for the defense Oakland would be 3-7( 3 wins coming from lavergne 46-6 , Franklin County 27-7, and the Clarksville game 28-3). If we can be consistent on offense from the start of the game to the end as we are on defense with a little help from special teams(punting) I dont see any team stopping us !!!

I honestly think this is going to be a tuff game for Oakland. We had a good offensive game vs. WC but the question is can we be consistent? Our defense cant keep bailing us out time and time again. If it wasnt for the defense Oakland would be 3-7( 3 wins coming from lavergne 46-6 , Franklin County 27-7, and the Clarksville game 28-3). If we can be consistent on offense from the start of the game to the end as we are on defense with a little help from special teams(punting) I dont see any team stopping us !!!

Hard to really play the what if game, for all we know, had the defense fallen apart, the offense may still could have found a way to win, which has been the game by game mantra of this team, finding a way to win.

I hope last night answered any questions about the QB position and our ability to have a balanced offense. I hope Oakland looks to go to the air just as much for the rest of the season, as we showed last night that Oakland's receivers are very capable. I think part of the offensive woes is we just go to face facts, Schaller was not getting it done, most of his big plays have been with his legs. That said, Trevor's injury puts us in a sticky position, Henry didnt do too bad last night, but nowhere near the solid production Trevor has been able to give us year in and year out, I am still waiting to hear an explanation on how in the world they did not call a roughing the kicker last night, but I guess it shall just be in vain.

This is a matchup of 2 very solid all-around teams. In games like these, the team that shows the best execution of basic fundamentals helps. Probably one of the better games in 5A this week.

Hard to really play the what if game, for all we know, had the defense fallen apart, the offense may still could have found a way to win, which has been the game by game mantra of this team, finding a way to win.

I hope last night answered any questions about the QB position and our ability to have a balanced offense. I hope Oakland looks to go to the air just as much for the rest of the season, as we showed last night that Oakland's receivers are very capable. I think part of the offensive woes is we just go to face facts, Schaller was not getting it done, most of his big plays have been with his legs. That said, Trevor's injury puts us in a sticky position, Henry didnt do too bad last night, but nowhere near the solid production Trevor has been able to give us year in and year out, I am still waiting to hear an explanation on how in the world they did not call a roughing the kicker last night, but I guess it shall just be in vain.

This is a matchup of 2 very solid all-around teams. In games like these, the team that shows the best execution of basic fundamentals helps. Probably one of the better games in 5A this week.

Great Post,, Should be a great game

i didnt get to attend the game how did PV #34 do.. not really sure how to spell his name

Congrats to my boys at OHS. Had to miss this one but will be at the next one. A recap would be nice! What happened to Hornsby and will he be back? We need him!

How did my boy Amey look? How about Mayberry.......he is a pleasant surprise this yr. Barnes? Well, heck everyone!

I am looking forward to seeing the fine folk from Cookeville. Hope all my buds make the trek . Everyone knows what a Joslin fan that I am, but am rooting for my boys in PATRIOT COUNTRY ! We know Cookeville will be in shape and hitting some smash mouth, but them we have been known to jar off a helmet or two ourselves!

Hornsby tweaked his knee on a punt and was on crutches for the rest of the night. Also starting Center Joines went down very early as well with what appeared to be a knee issue as well that had him on crutches. Mayberry played a solid game and saw a good deal more time at TB than he has most of the year. Amey played very solidly as alway and had a crushing sack in the fourth quarter. Big nights for Bass ( on defense and a nice run for a td,) as well as Walker and Johnson from the Wr spots. Barnes had a 70 or so yard TD run called back on a hold, but played well again Friday night. WC had a big solid DLine, but was really disappointed in OHS's run blocking as they never could seem to get a running game going with any type of regularity.

I do think Cookeville is a better matchup for Oakland than Siegel would have been for a second time. Can't wait to see a great physical, tough game Friday night.