Cookeville at Oakland

2XxX0

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to really play the what if game, for all we know, had the defense fallen apart, the offense may still could have found a way to win, which has been the game by game mantra of this team, finding a way to win.

I hope last night answered any questions about the QB position and our ability to have a balanced offense. I hope Oakland looks to go to the air just as much for the rest of the season, as we showed last night that Oakland's receivers are very capable. I think part of the offensive woes is we just go to face facts, Schaller was not getting it done, most of his big plays have been with his legs. That said, Trevor's injury puts us in a sticky position, Henry didnt do too bad last night, but nowhere near the solid production Trevor has been able to give us year in and year out, I am still waiting to hear an explanation on how in the world they did not call a roughing the kicker last night, but I guess it shall just be in vain.

This is a matchup of 2 very solid all-around teams. In games like these, the team that shows the best execution of basic fundamentals helps. Probably one of the better games in 5A this week.

Oakland can't be all pass-happy now, but it is going to help having a more balnced attack. The pass first mentality worked last week because nobody saw it coming. Christian Adams has a great arm though. I'm looking forward to seeing him develop

Oakland can't be all pass-happy now, but it is going to help having a more balnced attack. The pass first mentality worked last week because nobody saw it coming. Christian Adams has a great arm though. I'm looking forward to seeing him develop

I dont think Oakland is trying to be "pass-happy", but to have any chance at going deep into the playoffs, they are going to have to display a balanced attack on offrense. Even with the gaudy passing numbers, Oakland still ran it 25 times, compared to throwing it 15 times. Christan's touch is what sets him apart from most. Once he has a chance to improve his arm strength in the off-season, he should be a better quarterback.

From what I have been reading, Oakland has won 10 games with a quarterback and is just now changing qb ' s ? Feel me in

Throughout the year, Oakland has struggled against teams that can bottle up their run game, in large part due to a lack of execution in the passing game. Before the Warren County game, Oakland had scored just 28 points on offense in the last 4 games, with the last of those needing a disputed touchdown by the defense in order to win over Blackman. In order for Oakland to advance deep into the playoffs, they will need a balanced attack, thus led by Christian Adams. Technically, Christian has played in parts of the game all year, but this is only the 2nd time he had started and the first time that he will get the bulk of the snaps even with Schaller healthy. Schaller is a great kid and plays as hard as anybody, but he just has not been able to execute and that is why Oakland is making the switch now, or at least in my opinion.

Oakland passed last week because they were having trouble running the ball. One thing WC has is a stout D-line. That said, Oakland showed they weren't a one dimensional team. They're playing a team this week that they can run on, but I wouldn't forsake the pass. Cookevilles' defensive backs are pretty good too, so don't count on throwing up lame ducks and expect a completion.