Unicoi County Basketball

52fan52

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Blue Devils will surely be a better team, after playing their early season schedule, when the conference season starts next week. IMO, the biggest challenges to Unicoi Co. this year are Elizabethton first and Johnson Co. second. Unicoi Co. seems to have decent depth this year and will only get better as the season goes along. I wish they were playing in the Arby's Classic this year over Sullivan East.

your posts would be so much better if you knew what you were talking about. EVERYBODY would mean that the same 15 that dressed last year is dressing this year. but, johnson county lost their point guard (paisley) and their small forward (shaw) from last year and prudhomme tore his acl during football. they do have two really good players back in phipps and poteet. they have lots of size with phipps and bellamy, tugman, and steele. it is a very good rivalry with unicoi and johnson county. johnson county is very tough at their place too. evident with the 11 point loss to scince hill, but they also lost to boone at their place which surprised me.

i do agree that unicoi and johnson county will be at the top of the league. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

Well smarty, I'm sorry I upset you, I was just making converstion and really don't care who wins that weak #### conference anyway! The main part of JC's team to me is Poteet, Bellamy, Phipps, and Tugman! When you add Steele, which more than makes up for Prudhomme, I think they pretty much have everything back. I never said they would beat Unicoi anyway, but I think with them having more back than Unicoi does it will be a good matchup and I do think they will beat Uncoi at least once if not more. They are loaded inside, where Uncoi is weak as water but they have no outside shooting besides Poteet. Outside is where Unicoi has a big advantage. IMO. Should be some good games there, if it's okay with you if I say that! Maybe I should have just said "Unicoi is the best and they will roll over everyone on their schedule" ........Does that make you happy and all warm and fuzzy inside? I hope so!

unicoi beat boone 80-64. was up by 25+ early in the third and boone got back into the game. never got it to single digits but fought back very well. unicoi done a good job of stopping the run by boone and holding on for the double digit victory. unicoi is now 5-0 with all 5 wins against big 9 teams. been playing well but have to keep it up. it is a long year. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

unicoi beat boone 80-64. was up by 25+ early in the third and boone got back into the game. never got it to single digits but fought back very well. unicoi done a good job of stopping the run by boone and holding on for the double digit victory. unicoi is now 5-0 with all 5 wins against big 9 teams. been playing well but have to keep it up. it is a long year. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

Just remember dad that's the bottom 5 from the Big 9. I'll give UC credit though, they are a good team. Good Luck in conference play this yr.

Just remember dad that's the bottom 5 from the Big 9. I'll give UC credit though, they are a good team. Good Luck in conference play this yr.

i know. like i have said on the big 9 thread, i think that unicoi could compete with the top of the big 9 too. maybe not beat them but give them a good game. unicoi is 9-1 the last 2 years against the big 9 with one loss coming last year to science hill. in that game though, unicoi was up almost the entire game and lost by 5. was a good game. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

Well smarty, I'm sorry I upset you, I was just making converstion and really don't care who wins that weak #### conference anyway! The main part of JC's team to me is Poteet, Bellamy, Phipps, and Tugman! When you add Steele, which more than makes up for Prudhomme, I think they pretty much have everything back. I never said they would beat Unicoi anyway, but I think with them having more back than Unicoi does it will be a good matchup and I do think they will beat Uncoi at least once if not more. They are loaded inside, where Uncoi is weak as water but they have no outside shooting besides Poteet. Outside is where Unicoi has a big advantage. IMO. Should be some good games there, if it's okay with you if I say that! Maybe I should have just said "Unicoi is the best and they will roll over everyone on their schedule" ........Does that make you happy and all warm and fuzzy inside? I hope so!

I wish that Unicoi would get out of this weak confrence. They are way to good. Johnson County doesn't stand a chance with Unicoi. They can't even beat Boone. Unicoi will run all over them Mr. TylerDurden. And just to let you know the post is not weak as water. They will shut Bellamy and Phipps down you wait and see. And thanks for realizing that last statement you put. You should have figured that out earlier when Johnson County hasn't beat them in like 5 years. And you are right Unicoi is the best team and will roll over everyone on their schedule. We as Blue Devils fans will be disappointed if we dont win at least 30 games!!!! Dont you wished you could say that? Its great to be a UNICOI COUNTY BLUE DEVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish that Unicoi would get out of this weak confrence. They are way to good. Johnson County doesn't stand a chance with Unicoi. They can't even beat Boone. Unicoi will run all over them Mr. TylerDurden. And just to let you know the post is not weak as water. They will shut Bellamy and Phipps down you wait and see. And thanks for realizing that last statement you put. You should have figured that out earlier when Johnson County hasn't beat them in like 5 years. And you are right Unicoi is the best team and will roll over everyone on their schedule. We as Blue Devils fans will be disappointed if we dont win at least 30 games!!!! Dont you wished you could say that? Its great to be a UNICOI COUNTY BLUE DEVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't even like Johnson Co.....FYI......They may very well beat JC, I just think it will be a good game, that's all. I have heard JC's perimeter is killing them because all they have is Poteet. As far as winning 30 games per year, that is great but the teams they are beating in conference are just terrible and most of the other teams they beat are smaller 1A teams that are not even half their size. When they do play "up" they usually only play the weak teams from the big 9, just like this year they have beat D. Crockett twice....WOW! I know most of this is not their fault though, and I actually like Uncoi and enjoy watching them play. They have this big winning streak in conference they talk about, but the truth is if they were even playing down in 1A they WOULD NOT have a winning streak to talk about. Maybe if they actually played someone and didn't get a false sense of how good they are, they would have at least have shown up last year agaist Austin East! Maybe they were a little cocky there and AE took them to the woodshed big time! And FWIW, AE was not even that good last year!

I don't even like Johnson Co.....FYI......They may very well beat JC, I just think it will be a good game, that's all. I have heard JC's perimeter is killing them because all they have is Poteet. As far as winning 30 games per year, that is great but the teams they are beating in conference are just terrible and most of the other teams they beat are smaller 1A teams that are not even half their size. When they do play "up" they usually only play the weak teams from the big 9, just like this year they have beat D. Crockett twice....WOW! I know most of this is not their fault though, and I actually like Uncoi and enjoy watching them play. They have this big winning streak in conference they talk about, but the truth is if they were even playing down in 1A they WOULD NOT have a winning streak to talk about. Maybe if they actually played someone and didn't get a false sense of how good they are, they would have at least have shown up last year agaist Austin East! Maybe they were a little cocky there and AE took them to the woodshed big time! And FWIW, AE was not even that good last year!

Why do you keep going back to that game for? Its a new season now and they made it farther than any other East Tennessee team last year!!!!

you undoubtedly know that it is harder to play up than people think. its hard to get AAA teams to play many times because they would rather play AAA teams than the little AA teams and you can only play so many non-conference games. 4 years in the hardee's to try to get to play some bigger schools, played in the boone christmas invitational last year, play 2 AAAAAA teams in florida every other year(including this year). the A teams have no problem playing unicoi, so unicoi plays them. the last few years they have been as good as many of the teams in AA in this area. not for sure that you could say that AE wasn't any good last year though. they split with fulton(state champs) in the 4 games they played each other and lost to the state runner-up on an offensive rebound put back. they sound pretty good to me. unicoi would have had a better chance of winning if they would have played fulton just because of the different playing styles of AE and fulton. but, that is all history, and this is a new year. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />