Satisfied with Sequoyah Football this year?

Me and doc were vol.assit. coach"s in the high school.Slobber blames us for is son not getting more playing time then he did.Thats why he keeps harping on the previous staff mainly us.The problem is we didn"t decide on who started and who did"t and we kept trying to tell him that but i guess he won't except it.If you go back and look at his post,you can see he says it over and over and over for the last 2 years.But i guess he has to blame someone so were the easiest way out for him.

That is why having more coaches, let's say 6 to 7, kids are assesed more fairly.

In reality all youth coaches would be highschool vol. assistance.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave, I received a phone call this morning. If this off-tackle and expert reference is referring to a conversation at a game this year and this is who you think slobber is, trust me, it isn't. I have nothing in this, have somewhat enjoyed watching and reading as you guys go back and forth, but I promise it's not him. Jeff should know that for sure,also, as they had a conversation about this very thing before. If it's not what you're thinking, I apologize for butting in.

That is fine and good, but you will have to convince me. How would you know for sure?? You can call me if you wish and explain it all to me. I want speak for Jeff but what he told me, lets just say Jeff has some major questions about that conversation. If it is not one in the same he must have a twin brother, or they have been drinking out of the same watering trough. No need to apologize man

In my previous post I was not trying to support either argument, just posting some facts about both offenses. The "Power I" and the "Straight T" are similar offenses (play-wise), but they are completely different formations. In the "I" the backs are lined up directly behind one another, in the "T" the are beside each other. There are plays that can be ran from the "I" that can't be run (successfully) from the "T", and vice versa. Just my opinion.

As far as the playing time in the past, I can say that the previous year the final decision on who played and who didn't was decided between coach Summey and coach Gregory. They did take input from ALL assistants, but they made the final decision.

I agree with the posts on the little league. I believe in order to have a successful program, it has to start from the beginning. The advantage to running the same system as the high school is it becomes repetitive, or second nature to them. Each age group becomes easier to teach and in turn will become more competitive. When all age groups decide to this, they will struggle to be cometitive for a while, but soon it will come together. The element of suprise is not in running different offenses on every level, the advantage comes in the play calling.

So Maryville does it and has success, one example. How many does it and are not successful. So now you are going to ask the high school coach who has only a limited amount of time, to devote more time to assist the LL coaches without extra money. Now high school coaches don't make alot of money so I am sure they will be more than willing to give up more time.

I think that your AD should be more involved in the LL, and if he really cares about the kibs, and is truely involved in ALL the high school sports (not just football) and wants to see them ALL be successful then he will be involved in the LL.

In my previous post I was not trying to support either argument, just posting some facts about both offenses. The "Power I" and the "Straight T" are similar offenses (play-wise), but they are completely different formations. In the "I" the backs are lined up directly behind one another, in the "T" the are beside each other. There are plays that can be ran from the "I" that can't be run (successfully) from the "T", and vice versa. Just my opinion.

As far as the playing time in the past, I can say that the previous year the final decision on who played and who didn't was decided between coach Summey and coach Gregory. They did take input from ALL assistants, but they made the final decision.

I agree with the posts on the little league. I believe in order to have a successful program, it has to start from the beginning. The advantage to running the same system as the high school is it becomes repetitive, or second nature to them. Each age group becomes easier to teach and in turn will become more competitive. When all age groups decide to this, they will struggle to be cometitive for a while, but soon it will come together. The element of suprise is not in running different offenses on every level, the advantage comes in the play calling.

I am kind of curious Kevin, you got your information on the input from ALL the assitants coaches from who?? I just didn't remember seeing you at any of the coaches meetings. Maybe you could also enlighten us on how that input was attained from the assitant coaches, how that input was applied and when.

Dave, I received a phone call this morning. If this off-tackle and expert reference is referring to a conversation at a game this year and this is who you think slobber is, trust me, it isn't. I have nothing in this, have somewhat enjoyed watching and reading as you guys go back and forth, but I promise it's not him. Jeff should know that for sure,also, as they had a conversation about this very thing before. If it's not what you're thinking, I apologize for butting in.

Iknow what you are thinking this is not SLOBBER but heck it's is bubby

so I will help him aswell.

note he did not say who called, hummmmmmmmmm.

What BlueQB12 is trying to say is.

That Slobber called him this morning and said I think they got me

Could you try and throw them a bs line for me and B-QB12 said sure

your ID is safe with me.

And then Sid comes back after The SLobber calls him for making him look

more foolish and try's to recant on earlier post

Boy these SLOBBER buddies keep showing up.

Don't worry SLOBBER I'll be here for ya

So SLOBBER,SID and B-QB12 all say

DAVE WAS RIGHT.

I am kind of curious Kevin, you got your information on the input from ALL the assitants coaches from who?? I just didn't remember seeing you at any of the coaches meetings. Maybe you could also enlighten us on how that input was attained from the assitant coaches, how that input was applied and when.

READ it again Dave. I was actually backing up Jeff's previous comments as to how you was not involved. My statement says that coach Summey and coach Gregory gathered input from the assistants. I never stated or anywhere, anyhow implied that I got input from the assistants. Geesh, get over your chip on your shoulder about me and quit being so blame defensive about everything I say! Now have you been enlightened?

And by the way, I capitalized the word all before assistants so that it could not be taken the wrong way and assumed I meant they only sought input from you and Jeff. The capitalization was done to draw attention to the fact that there were more assistants than the two of you.

your ID is safe with me.

DAVE WAS RIGHT.

Get over yourself. There was no recanting. I just meant that my first post on the two formations was not meant to support either side, just facts about the two formations. Man, this board has turned into nothing but personal attacks about what everyone says.

That is fine and good, but you will have to convince me. How would you know for sure?? You can call me if you wish and explain it all to me. I want speak for Jeff but what he told me, lets just say Jeff has some major questions about that conversation. If it is not one in the same he must have a twin brother, or they have been drinking out of the same watering trough. No need to apologize man

He's not slobberknocker. The one you are thinking of is concerned the real sk will offend someone he doesn't want offended, not that he wants to offend anyone. He will say what is on his mind out loud,and doesn't need a computer to write about it on. He had issues he tried to deal with personally. I've known him a long time,he's a stand up guy,and he IS NOT slobberknocker.

He's not slobberknocker. The one you are thinking of is concerned the real sk will offend someone he doesn't want offended, not that he wants to offend anyone. He will say what is on his mind out loud,and doesn't need a computer to write about it on. He had issues he tried to deal with personally. I've known him a long time,he's a stand up guy,and he IS NOT slobberknocker.

hey mike give me a call if u can

your ID is safe with me.

DAVE WAS RIGHT.

Dude, I don't need your anti-help to say anything. I mostly mind my own business,so don't go getting in it. It was not slobber who called me this morning,so stop guessing about my cell phone. In case that is not clear enough for you,and so you can understand,I don't mind saying who called. Caleb Bowers called me. Want his number to set up a place to meet him so you can accuse him in person? Any of the rest of you can talk to him also. I don't know who slobberknocker is,it doesn't matter to me,but IT IS NOT CALEB!!

hey mike give me a call if u can

At the lot?