Satisfied with Sequoyah Football this year?

Have you not been reading this link. The whining has not been about education it has been about football and how the kids were done dirty in football. Nowhere has the education been brung up, until the last few posts. So dont tell me all of the sudden it is about education when the last 22 pages have been about the football program and a few egos being bruised

J Cooper

And i can tell you this to.Its not about my ego because i resigned before the vol.thing happen,and no i didn't know it was coming.What upsets me is how a good man who cared got treated and i'm talking about COACH GREGORY.I'm ashamed of how he got treated for trying to do the right things for these kids.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And i can tell you this to.Its not about my ego because i resigned before the vol.thing happen,and no i didn't know it was coming.What upsets me is how a good man who cared got treated and i'm talking about COACH GREGORY.I'm ashamed of how he got treated for trying to do the right things for these kids.

So are you okay with the way Coach Summey got treated? Cause Coach Summey is a good man as well. Gregory quit on the kids did he not, is that truly setting a good example for the the kids, if you don't get your way quit. I don't think many people will agree with that one.

So are you okay with the way Coach Summey got treated? Cause Coach Summey is a good man as well. Gregory quit on the kids did he not, is that truly setting a good example for the the kids, if you don't get your way quit. I don't think many people will agree with that one.

slobber, you finally touched a nerv. I have been reading this crap that comes out of your mouth since I left from up there and I have found it very funny, until now. You called me a QUITTER and I will tell you this, I will be glad to let you know the next time I come up there and I will be glad to meet you anywhere and discuss this issue with you if you have the guts to tell your name. If you don't know the whole story then you need to keep your big mouth shut.

coach gregory

Have you not been reading this link. The whining has not been about education it has been about football and how the kids were done dirty in football. Nowhere has the education been brung up, until the last few posts. So dont tell me all of the sudden it is about education when the last 22 pages have been about the football program and a few egos being bruised

J Cooper

I have made the point several times and to tell you the truth the real issue here is that if they will treat athletics like this then don't think for a minute that other decisions aren't being made the same way. That is what is so scary. It is what should scare every parent to the point that they can't sleep at night. I am not trying to be over dramatic it is just simply that bad. When a school board member tells you the superintendent "sold his soul" to get the job, everyone should be very concerned. That has been my point all along, its not just about athletics, when there is a recurring problem of making decisions based on what this one wants or keep this group quiet, scratch this ones back things will NEVER be as it should in Monroe county. Make the right decisions for the right reasons it is just that simple. Do you live in Monroe county? I think one time you said you did lived in the area at one time and kept up with things here, I might be wrong. The whining as you refer to is pretty insensitive comment as I see it. Those kids were done about as dirty as you can do a kid without being arrested, by people that are elected and appointed to always have there best interest at heart. There have been hours on hours of hard work and commitment by a group of kids to have a once in a lifetime experience in high school that will for some and most for that matter will they ever have that chance again. So you think that is whining???????? You want me to believe for one second. That if they are making decisions like they did,,,, for the reasons they did,,,, with no more information than they had, that those people can honestly be trusted to make GOOD decisions for our kids?????????? Well excuse me Mr Cooper but your are dead wrong if you think for one minute that it is JUST about football. Yes it may have been a big part of the discussion but you can rest assured it is no what is at the meat of the problem. Also if you think it is the minority on the key boards, then just look at the last election, and that was with an over abundance of candidates that split some of the vote or it would have turned out even better for the kids in Monroe County. There is already a plan in place for the next election to continue replacing those who only care about there own agendas and favors. If you were referring to me as far egos go, all I can tell you is it makes absolutely no difference what they did to me, it is not my first rodeo. It is entirely about the kids and those in charge of making decision for them. Yes I have jabbed at Ole wingT, Forrest, and chicken little too much. If you had been lied about, your kid refereed to on here in negative ways, and it all about jealousy and what there kid did not achieve, the opportunity to expose him for what he is was just to great for me. Again I apologize to everyone for that, but I do believe that those that know "all" the history and facts understand.

Again you don't know what you are talking about. Gregory quit to stand up for the kids! Yeah he taught those kids to stand up for what they believe in and what is right. You don't think they knew why he quit?????????? Thats why they all walked out and stood up there selves for what was right. How many quit when Summey got reassigned???????? That tells you alot. It had nothing to do with getting your way and what makes it worse YOU KNOW THAT but you don't care as long as you can hide behind a computer you think you can say what ever you want to. Real stand up kind of guy.

Just checking to see if you need any help there

SLOBBER?

Seems liike he is doing pretty good on his on /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

slobber, you finally touched a nerv. I have been reading this crap that comes out of your mouth since I left from up there and I have found it very funny, until now. You called me a QUITTER and I will tell you this, I will be glad to let you know the next time I come up there and I will be glad to meet you anywhere and discuss this issue with you if you have the guts to tell your name. If you don't know the whole story then you need to keep your big mouth shut.

coach gregory

Now why in the world would you want to get involved in this mess again. You should count your blessings and not worry about anything I have to say.

Again you don't know what you are talking about. Gregory quit to stand up for the kids! Yeah he taught those kids to stand up for what they believe in and what is right. You don't think they knew why he quit?????????? Thats why they all walked out and stood up there selves for what was right. How many quit when Summey got reassigned???????? That tells you alot. It had nothing to do with getting your way and what makes it worse YOU KNOW THAT but you don't care as long as you can hide behind a computer you think you can say what ever you want to. Real stand up kind of guy.

Not that he mattered to anyone but me and mom,but at least one quit when Summey was "reassigned." His decision totally. I miss him being out there,but I'm happy he missed out on the rest of this. Sorry to butt in again. I have nothing in this conversation,so here I am again.....butting out.

Seems liike he is doing pretty good on his on /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I have made the point several times and to tell you the truth the real issue here is that if they will treat athletics like this then don't think for a minute that other decisions aren't being made the same way. That is what is so scary. It is what should scare every parent to the point that they can't sleep at night. I am not trying to be over dramatic it is just simply that bad. When a school board member tells you the superintendent "sold his soul" to get the job, everyone should be very concerned. That has been my point all along, its not just about athletics, when there is a recurring problem of making decisions based on what this one wants or keep this group quiet, scratch this ones back things will NEVER be as it should in Monroe county. Make the right decisions for the right reasons it is just that simple. Do you live in Monroe county? I think one time you said you did lived in the area at one time and kept up with things here, I might be wrong. The whining as you refer to is pretty insensitive comment as I see it. Those kids were done about as dirty as you can do a kid without being arrested, by people that are elected and appointed to always have there best interest at heart. There have been hours on hours of hard work and commitment by a group of kids to have a once in a lifetime experience in high school that will for some and most for that matter will they ever have that chance again. So you think that is whining???????? You want me to believe for one second. That if they are making decisions like they did,,,, for the reasons they did,,,, with no more information than they had, that those people can honestly be trusted to make GOOD decisions for our kids?????????? Well excuse me Mr Cooper but your are dead wrong if you think for one minute that it is JUST about football. Yes it may have been a big part of the discussion but you can rest assured it is no what is at the meat of the problem. Also if you think it is the minority on the key boards, then just look at the last election, and that was with an over abundance of candidates that split some of the vote or it would have turned out even better for the kids in Monroe County. There is already a plan in place for the next election to continue replacing those who only care about there own agendas and favors. If you were referring to me as far egos go, all I can tell you is it makes absolutely no difference what they did to me, it is not my first rodeo. It is entirely about the kids and those in charge of making decision for them. Yes I have jabbed at Ole wingT, Forrest, and chicken little too much. If you had been lied about, your kid refereed to on here in negative ways, and it all about jealousy and what there kid did not achieve, the opportunity to expose him for what he is was just to great for me. Again I apologize to everyone for that, but I do believe that those that know "all" the history and facts understand.

It is a sad day in Monroe County when grown Christian men can't behave like they should. You say you worry and are concerned about the kids then act like it and stop posting things on here for the children to see. Grow up and be men, I would say try to discuss it with each other but it is obvious it can't be fixed - go to church on Sunday and talk about your fellowman and you think you are the only one right. Sports athletics are a part of children's Education and sometimes people forget this. Please everyone needs to band together for our children all over this county - Each and every team deserves to be a winner in this county and have a great direction. Academic Education is most important but sometimes our youth are more of adults than the adults. We are taught on Sunday to love one another as God has loved us - Are we. No, we continually bad mouth those we think are doing bad things and have a good ole boy system. Those boys at Sequoyah are much more of men than some of you posting on this post. They came back buckled down and did what they could - with all the jealousy and animosity I really think they deserve a standing ovation - OUR Children deserve the best that this County has to offer - Are we going to offer it or are we going to continue to bicker and cut down our brethern. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

It is a sad day in Monroe County when grown Christian men can't behave like they should. You say you worry and are concerned about the kids then act like it and stop posting things on here for the children to see. Grow up and be men, I would say try to discuss it with each other but it is obvious it can't be fixed - go to church on Sunday and talk about your fellowman and you think you are the only one right. Sports athletics are a part of children's Education and sometimes people forget this. Please everyone needs to band together for our children all over this county - Each and every team deserves to be a winner in this county and have a great direction. Academic Education is most important but sometimes our youth are more of adults than the adults. We are taught on Sunday to love one another as God has loved us - Are we. No, we continually bad mouth those we think are doing bad things and have a good ole boy system. Those boys at Sequoyah are much more of men than some of you posting on this post. They came back buckled down and did what they could - with all the jealousy and animosity I really think they deserve a standing ovation - OUR Children deserve the best that this County has to offer - Are we going to offer it or are we going to continue to bicker and cut down our brethern. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

AMEN.....It's time march around Jericho (Oak Grove Road) until the walls fall flat. Then hold them responsible for the decisions made that effect are children. By this I mean get out and vote next ellection for candidates that will have the best interest of our kids at heart and not just listen to small town politic. I have not posted one thing on here that I would not want my kibs to read. In fact I truely teach them to stand up for what they beleive is right. Which is what we Christian men should be all about. I'm truely concerned about the school system in Monroe County and vow to do all I can to make it better.

coach gregory

Hey Coach Gregory, hope everything is going well for you and your family and wish you guys a great holiday season. Just wanted to let ya know a few things from this past season in football, youth football. From the few meetings our youth coaches had with you and what I could get from Big and Lil Bell, we tried to implement your system the best we could (tallent wise), the team (Cutters) i had this season finished with 6 wins compared to the 2 wins they had two years ago (as Hoppers), they made the playoffs for the first time ever! Think we could have had a few more wins but we had some key injuries, but overall we had a great season. I was wanting to let you know about it during the Senior Night when you made the trip up, but it just wasnt the right time. Just wanted you to know the system works! The two biggest things you told me was to know where the inside defensive tackles were lining up and what kind of pass coverage they were in, well that was huge. We as a organization will go on and try to implement (the best we can) Coach Satterfields system and continue what you help get started, a winning tradition (that sounds awesome). Coach S will do a great job and he has shown a great interests in both youth programs. Dont be a stranger coach and I'll talked to ya later.

jeff bell