John Jenkins

TARHEEL30

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen this mentioned by anyone else and I admit that, sometimes I only march to my own drummer, but, am I the only one who thinks the officials let JJ get mugged? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

The last time he played in Baxter he got the "Jordan Rules". You couldnt BREATHE on the guy without getting a foul. And he could do no wrong.

This trip. The refs just completely stunk. (yeah I said it).

The SC kid jumping in the air to block a pass (that never happened) and landing on the Upperman kid who is still standing in the same spot...but NO CALL.

There was a mugging in front of the scorers table that included grabbing DBaxter by the jersey and pulling him backwards, but no call.

and then some touch fouls that were hard to figure out what game these guys were watching. The first 4 minutes were brutal!!!

Oh, and yes there were some no calls the other way also. Im not "one siding" this argument.

There was one ref that apparently wanted the show to be about him. What a shame.

Bottom line: Congrats to jJenkins on a great season, a great career, and a great future. You have obviously worked very hard to make yourself that caliber of ball player. I wish you nothing but the very best in your future, and much success, except for the 2+ times a year that you play Florida.

what a great career for jj to bad ita over and also to bad he didnt have anybody at all to help him

No doubt he is a great player but let's not blame the others for "no help at all". He gets all the credit when they win yet no blame when they lose. Let's remember this is a team game. They ALL win and they ALL lose.

You obviously have never played team sports.

No doubt he is a great player but let's not blame the others for "no help at all". He gets all the credit when they win yet no blame when they lose. Let's remember this is a team game. They ALL win and they ALL lose.

I dont want to speak for anyone else, but I dont think anyone was trying to bash the other kids.

They all played their hearts out last night. But jj obviously does not have the complete supporting cast that is needed to get that gold ball. There is no crime in that, and I certainly mean no disrespect towards the other kids when I say it. They played very hard. They all have skills. But there are few that have the jj skills, and sometimes that will even make his own teammates look like they are doing less. (does that make sense? Im not sure myself)

One last quick piece of advice for JJ, not that he is reading anything I write (maybe King can take it to him later!!): Get your degree. Dont just go to Vandy and use it as a stepping stone. IF you make it to the NBA, and I use IF because it is a long shot for anyone......IF you make the NBA there is an average career of what? 5-7 years. A person can make a ton of money in 5-7 years, but the NBA lifestyle, no matter how conservative, will eat that money right up. Just get that degree. There are so many kids that wipe out a ton of potential in life by chasing athletic dreams and not taking care of real life along the way. Injuries can happen in less than a moment, and I pray that you never have to deal with that. But takecare of your future. And there is no better way to assure a great future than with a degree from Vandy. I love that place. I should charge them for this PR work. hahaha.

Good luck jj.

WHEN you make it to the League, holla. I say WHEN because it WILL happen.

I hope you are right.

But the odds are not the greatest. Even for the very best players.

I wish I could tell you how many players I know of that were top 5 in the country that were out of basketball within 5 years after college.

And by out of basketball I mean: NBADL didnt want them anymore. Europe didnt want them anymore. Knees are broke. Can't raise their arms over their heads to put a t-shirt on.

I know these guys. They were all everything in HS. One was the #1 ranked hs baller, certain lottery pick, and chose to go to school instead. Never got a taste of the NBA because his jump shot left him for another woman.

Just saying to protect yourself. Life is uncertain.

Life is not a guarantee, but his talent is. He will only get better, and is already being highly anticipated.

no no no no no no no no noooooooooooooooooooo.

Talent is gone with one bad landing on a dunk. With one dive for a loose ball. With one accidental collision at half court. GONE. FOREVER. Talent is fleeting. It is there. It is shining bright. He needs to enjoy it to it fullest while he can, but always have a back up. (there is a country song in this somewhere)

I hope he never needs a backup, but I pray that he has one if he ever needs it.

i was just saying imagine if he had somebody like him or close to like him along side him?? he is a great palyer with great composure in the way he plays being harassed like he does.. he tries to get his team involved very unselfish player and next year vandy will be at the top of the sec count on it /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />