DII Mr. Football Finalists

ehstiger09

I would vote for Brunetti or Jefferson pending the outcomes of Friday's games. Wise is a great player but I think the other two are more intrinsic to their teams' success. Brunetti is a junior, so I might favor Tavarres.

Wesley Johnson gets my vote for lineman, but I did not get to see Austin Long play.

If Brunetti has been doing all season what he did Friday night, he has my vote.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really agree that Jefferson is more talented, I think they are both about the same. Brunetti is the better passer in my opinion. We played Brunetti and Jefferson this year and I think Brunetti is the better player and more key to his team's offensive success especially after what he did last Friday night.

I don't really agree that Jefferson is more talented, I think they are both about the same. Brunetti is the better passer in my opinion. We played Brunetti and Jefferson this year and I think Brunetti is the better player and more key to his team's offensive success especially after what he did last Friday night.

More key to his teams succes? You must be kidding. Jefferson is the team. Orleans holes are opened up because of him. Im taking nothing away from Darkwa but he is so good beacause of Jefferson. BA might have one of the best defenses in the nation and Jefferson took over the game and almost beat them by himself. It was amazing. BA knew every play he would run and still couldn't stop him. Brunetti has talent all over the field while Jefferson has Darkwa. It will not be right if Jefferson does not win.

More key to his teams succes? You must be kidding. Jefferson is the team. Orleans holes are opened up because of him. Im taking nothing away from Darkwa but he is so good beacause of Jefferson. BA might have one of the best defenses in the nation and Jefferson took over the game and almost beat them by himself. It was amazing. BA knew every play he would run and still couldn't stop him. Brunetti has talent all over the field while Jefferson has Darkwa. It will not be right if Jefferson does not win.

Brunetti does not have talent all over the field. He has decent WRs and a couple of pretty good running backs. Brunetti took the game over last week against MBA himself. The bottom line is I am pulling for a kid from Memphis to win because I think he deserves it and I am from Memphis. If Orleans Darkwa was in the backfield with Brunetti then I may have a different argument.

I am not saying that Jefferson is a bad player. I think he is very good, but Brunetti does not have a player on the offensive side of the ball like Orleans. Also if Brunetti was a senior this year I believe he would have been easily in the top five players in the state recruiting wise. I am neither MUS or Ensworth fan but I just think after playing both and seeing both on film Brunetti is better and I respect your opinion about Jefferson this is what is fun about Coacht. Do you know if Jefferson has any Division 1 offers?

Brunetti does have talent all over the field. MUS is very very good, they've got a lot of very nice players on their team.

BA does not have one of the best defenses in the nation. They might have the best DL in Middle TN and arguably the state but I think BA proved they don't have one of the best defenses in the nation when they went down to Prattville.

Barry Brunetti should win the back award hands down. Jefferson is one heck of an athlete and a great, shifty runner, but Brunetti is the total package. He is a big, physical, athlete who has a great arm to go with his exceptional scrambling abilities. He determines how far the MUS offense will go in every game. MUS's success depends solely on how well he can manage and execute on a daily basis. As their record clearly shows... he has done that day in and day out. He is one of Unapproved Website top 250 to watch for next year's class and holds the attention from several major top programs around the nation. After seeing both of these two players play, I give the nod to Brunetti regardless of the fact that he is a junior and Jefferson is a senior.

Wesley Johnson should win the lineman award. He has a motor that never stops, sometimes even going past the whistle. He plays with an edge and truly has that nastiness that is necessary to be a dominate lineman. Nothing against Long and McHaney, but Johnson has to be the clear favorite. He also has offers from Vandy, Georgia Tech, Auburn, Duke... This kid could be special if he adds a couple pounds at the next level.

I think people are putting way too much stock into what kind of prospect Brunetti is gong to be at the next level. He will without a doubt be very highly recruited and sign with a top flight school. That being said, the award is supposed to be based on the season's merit and not the player's potential. It's pretty obvious that if Jefferson were 2 inches taller, his offer list and prospect status would be greatly enhanced.

The numbers don't lie. Jefferson leads the league in total offense both rushing and throwing for over 1000 yds. People knock on him for his awkward throwing mechanics but his passing efficiency is fantastic (more efficient than Brunetti) and unless he threw an interception last weekend, he didn't thow a pick all year.

They both play in similar offenses in the respect that the QB is heavily involved in the running game and passes when the need arises. To me, Jefferson's season as a whole has been more productive.

It's a shame Spencer Wise's season had to end the way it did last weekend. I think a great season is being over shadowed by one tough night. In terms of traditional QB play he was outstanding this year. It's hard to compare him to Brunetti or Jefferson with the style of offenses being so different but he certainly carried the Bid Red throughout the year.

The numbers don't lie. Jefferson leads the league in total offense both rushing and throwing for over 1000 yds. People knock on him for his awkward throwing mechanics but his passing efficiency is fantastic (more efficient than Brunetti) and unless he threw an interception last weekend, he didn't thow a pick all year.

They both play in similar offenses in the respect that the QB is heavily involved in the running game and passes when the need arises. To me, Jefferson's season as a whole has been more productive.

I don't know about Ensworth, as I didn't keep up with them that closely, but I do know that a number of the MUS games have been very lop-sided, and Brunetti doesn't play the whole game in that circumstance. In fact, Brunetti's backup, Johnny Carson, is a more efficient passer than Jefferson. There have also been a couple of games where the #3 QB has had more snaps than either Brunetti or Carson. MUS has a number of offensive weapons, and a very formidable line, and Brunetti is very skilled at playing to his teammates' strengths. I think that's the mark of a Mr. Football.

I don't know about Ensworth, as I didn't keep up with them that closely, but I do know that a number of the MUS games have been very lop-sided, and Brunetti doesn't play the whole game in that circumstance. In fact, Brunetti's backup, Johnny Carson, is a more efficient passer than Jefferson. There have also been a couple of games where the #3 QB has had more snaps than either Brunetti or Carson. MUS has a number of offensive weapons, and a very formidable line, and Brunetti is very skilled at playing to his teammates' strengths. I think that's the mark of a Mr. Football.

Trust me, EHS had a lot of blow outs, so Jefferson got plenty of time off this year. Also, I think voters should keep in mind that while Jefferson was certainly slated to get some reps at QB this season, EHS lost their starting QB Cody Tollison during the second week of summer practice. Jefferson stepped in, carried the team, developed into a great leader, and put up impressive statistics in the process.

Brunetti does have talent all over the field. MUS is very very good, they've got a lot of very nice players on their team.

BA does not have one of the best defenses in the nation. They might have the best DL in Middle TN and arguably the state but I think BA proved they don't have one of the best defenses in the nation when they went down to Prattville.

The defense put on a show against Prattville it was other issues that created the problems.I don't think Prattville completed one full drive against the defense.