Warren County Basketball

14pioneers

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not even going to acknowledge that stupid comment. Does anyone know how the game went tonight against Dekalb?

DC beat 'em 66-46.

Tigers Win at Warren County

February 15, 2009

The DeKalb County High School basketball teams ended the regular season in McMinnville Saturday night against the Warren County Pioneers.

The Lady Tigers lost 48 to 31 but the Tigers knocked off the Pioneers 66 to 46.

In the girls game, DeKalb County trailed 10 to 5 after the first period, 21 to 11 at half time, and 34 to 25 after the third period, before dropping the game 48 to 31.

Cynthia Woodward led the Lady Tigers with 17 points. Martha Webb had 6, Victoria Bennett 4, and Kristina Stephens and Morgan Page each had 2 points.

In the boys game, DeKalb County led 19 to 12 after the first period, 37 to 19 at halftime, and 53 to 27 after the third period, and went on to win 66 to 46.

Payne Denman led the Tigers in scoring with 17 points. Jeff Miller had 16 points, Seth Willoughby 8, Hunter Poteete 7, Abram Edwards 6, Hunter Stewart and J.J. Heriott each with 4 points, and Cody Myrick and Shane Salley each with 2 points.

The Tigers conclude the regular season with an overall record of 16-10 and the Lady Tigers end with a 5-21 worksheet.

The Lady Tigers will travel to Lafayette Thursday night, February 19th to take on Macon County in the District Tournament Play-In game at 6:30 p.m. WJLE will have LIVE coverage.

Meanwhile the Tigers, the number four seed, will meet the Cannon County Lions, the number five seed, in the District Tournament at Tennessee Tech in Cookeville Friday night, February 20th at 8:30 p.m. WJLE will have LIVE coverage.

New low point for Warren County basketball. That's saying something. Sorry, players, I know it's been tough. Keep your heads up, it's gotta get better in the future. 3 wins, 0 district, ending with loss to a team you thumped first time at their place. Looks like Dekalb improved this season and we, well, they improved.

New low point for Warren County basketball. That's saying something. Sorry, players, I know it's been tough. Keep your heads up, it's gotta get better in the future. 3 wins, 0 district, ending with loss to a team you thumped first time at their place. Looks like Dekalb improved this season and we, well, they improved.

You pretty much said it "eagle79" , I haven't posted any negatives about our boys and Coach Smith, but they all should be ashamed of themselves. I would think Coach Smith better get it going next year. THE POWERS TO BE , will not have as much patience with him as they have shown, to our excellent ladies coach.

You pretty much said it "eagle79" , I haven't posted any negatives about our boys and Coach Smith, but they all should be ashamed of themselves. I would think Coach Smith better get it going next year. THE POWERS TO BE , will not have as much patience with him as they have shown, to our excellent ladies coach.

The boys have nothing to be ashamed about. They are busting butt and have not quit like some of the others. I heard they were on the court @ 8:00 a.m. this morning. They get beaten down enough without you taking jabs at them. Take jabs at the coaches and powers to be if you wish, but the players deserve support and respect. Your not going to beat many teams subbing the way they do.

The boys have nothing to be ashamed about. They are busting butt and have not quit like some of the others. I heard they were on the court @ 8:00 a.m. this morning. They get beaten down enough without you taking jabs at them. Take jabs at the coaches and powers to be if you wish, but the players deserve support and respect. Your not going to beat many teams subbing the way they do.

OOOOHHHHHH I'm sorry "JRR061733" , So your a coach uhh ???

I agree. The boys have nothing to be ashamed about. Frustrated yes, but not ashamed. Agree they have defintely been beaten down enough by their own peers, coaches, etc...But the subbing thing is nothing new been doing it now for 3 years didn't make sense then don't make sense now. Never ever understood all the subbing. No other school high school that I have watched this season (all 7AAA) sub the way Smith does... don't get his philosphy.

Pioneer14 I'm a parent of one of the boys that you guys think should be ashamed. I'm just proud that he has stuck it out and not quit. My son loves basketball and I'll support him in anything he loves to a point. Every once in a while you'll see that winning spark come back but it doesn't last long because as soon as you score, foul, or !!! Your on the bench. These boys have been humiliated to death their minds are tired. They practice 6 days a week and believe it or not most of them are at the Civic center playing on Sunday. That's love. They have what is most likely their last game of the season Friday against Siegel. Know one is expecting a win but if they can put out the effort and heart they did in the last game they played against Siegel I will be a proud parent no matter the ending score.

Pioneer14 I'm a parent of one of the boys that you guys think should be ashamed. I'm just proud that he has stuck it out and not quit. My son loves basketball and I'll support him in anything he loves to a point. Every once in a while you'll see that winning spark come back but it doesn't last long because as soon as you score, foul, or !!! Your on the bench. These boys have been humiliated to death their minds are tired. They practice 6 days a week and believe it or not most of them are at the Civic center playing on Sunday. That's love. They have what is most likely their last game of the season Friday against Siegel. Know one is expecting a win but if they can put out the effort and heart they did in the last game they played against Siegel I will be a proud parent no matter the ending score.

"Bulldozzzer", I wasn't trying to single out one player or coach, I was only stating facts. Was anyone on here blasting the boys in their 16 point loss to Siegel ? Nooooooo!! We were all very proud of that effort that night. But to go out there on Senior night and play like they did against (Dekalb County) ???? A team we beat by 40 points earlier in the year? The team effort and desire to win the Dekalb game was simply not there. Sorry.