Franklin Rebels vs. Brentwood Bruins (Re-Match)

huskergymnast33

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great matchup! Anybody who has watched the Brentwood-Franklin rivalry in the past 5 or 6 years knows that it is impossible to pick a winner. Year in and year out, no matter which team is better or won the previous matchup, it seems like the game is a toss-up. Every year, both teams run it down the other's throat, and it comes down to which team makes a big pass or a big run at the end, and the game is decided within the last two minutes.

I can't wait to see what happens

Prediction:

Boastful Brentwood-???

Feisty Franklin-???

I know it is the weekend, and we are recovering from the game that took place the night before, we all are also basking in the glory of another play-off victory added to our schedules. But we have discussed the possibility of this game, and now it is six days away.

I know Franklin went through the Hunter's Lane Warriors and Hendersonville Commandos like a hot knife through butter. I want everyone to know that even though HHS claimed to be a defensive football team they are not near the level of the Brentwood Bruins. Brentwood has been tested, we play in region-6, and need I remind those floating across CoachT...that 1 lose Franklin has on its record was delivered courtesy of the Brentwood Bruins. Franklin travels to BHS and Franklin fans will have to reach all the way back to 2004 to recall the last time they beat the Bruins on their own field. WE ARE BRENTWOOD!!! WE HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN THAT, EVEN THOUGH MANY OF YOU ALL HAVE!!!

Stop Acting like brentwood dominates Franklin,

I agree bwoods d is alot better than Hville so that means they might keep the rebels below 35 points but idk.

I seriously cannot see Bwood scoring a lot at all and im interested to see if Franklin capitalizes on their chance to avenge their one loss and even better do it on Brentwood's own turf......

Prediction:

Franklin 28

Brentwood 10

Franklin's faithful storm the Brentwood field and allow the Brentwood fans taste the bitter taste of a season ending loss to your cross town rivals on your own turf...

Those of us at Brentwood fully understand the meaning behind this game. This quarterfinal game has massive implications in the over-all scheme of things. In the past 6 meeting between these teams, Brentwood has won 4 of the 6, and we have only lost once to Franklin on our field. Basically I am telling the Franklin fans, your dear #4, #9, #15, #5 have never witnessed a Franklin victory on Brentwood turf...and this is not the year.

Revenge? While it may be the one word on the Rebels' minds... DESTINY is the word on Brentwood's mind. "WilCoFan" watch your words, and choose them carefully, because as this game looms closer on the horizon you will see more & more similarities between it and your INDY showdown last year (if you know what I mean).

THIS IS NOT ABOUT REVENGE FRANKLIN, THIS IS ABOUT DESTINY BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY

First of all, enough with the caps, we get your point.

Franklin will put up more points on Brentwood than they did in their previous meeting. Question is, can Brentwood play in a high scoring game and keep pace with Franklins offense. I doubt it.

Okay, I can't take it anymore. I have sat back and been unwilling to join in this ridiculous war of words, but I just can't do that anymore. For all those Brentwood posters on this thread - please be quiet!! Don't give Franklin any more articles to post up in their locker room. This week's game will be a tough one and we don't need to give the opponent any mental edge. Let the boys handle this on the field of play, and win or lose, let them show what they are made of. I am the parent of a player and beg you to rein this in and keep our reputation what it should be.

For all you Franklin-lovers on this thread, I am going to say this. Brentwood fans are every bit as proud of their team as you are of yours. We love the grit and determination of these boys, and the senior leadership that has been exhibited is what keeps driving this team forward each week, even when the odds seem stacked against them. I am sick and tired of seeing on these sites that we are arrogant or elitist or whatever other terms can be dredged up against us. We have endured some of the dirtiest play I have ever seen this year, mainly because we are Brentwood. The Channel 3 announcers and the Tennessean have such a bias against Brentwood and for Franklin it is ridiculous! Everywhere we go we hear "those snobs from Brentwood" this or that. There are many of us who actually work to live in Brentwood specifically so that our children can go to the #1 rated public high school in the state of TN. Check out Newsweek! From academics to sports to the caliber of the families, there is nothing about Brentwood that we can be ashamed of and nothing you say will change that.

So, all of this to say that if you hear Brentwood fans getting a bit passionate about our team you can know that it is because we are the ONLY ones who will! Brentwood has never gotten the respect it deserves and we know that our kids need just as much support as the next team and we will be the ones to give it to them. Let us enjoy this bit of success the Bruins are experiencing and give those boys some props for the great effort they continue to put forth.

You people tire me greatly with all of this nonsense.

^^ I feel like you should have a violin or something playing in the background of your post. Poor, poor, you. If you dont like what peole have to say about Brentwood then dont read it. Many of the things that are said about you as a Brentwood fan/parent/player are the same things that are said about Franklin. As for being an "elitist", i believe it was a brentwood poster who stated that to begin with on another thread.

Ill say it again, IF brentwood has to play a track meet type of game there is no way than can hang with franklin. they just simply have not proved consistantly that they can put up the amount of points as franklin. I have the utmost respect for Ron Crawford. I did when I played at Franklin and I still do to this day. He always finds a way to have an excellent defense. he must do the same this week agains Franklin if he wants to be playing next weekend.