New Coach at Blackman

2priceless

If memory serves me correctly Coach Wells wasnt the first choice over at Blackman. They had a tough time filling the position and finding someone they felt was qualified for the job...and that was after blackman had some winning and success so I think they will have some of the same difficulties however the few coaches at Wilson Central could be good and it also helps that RIVERDALE is down so imcoming coaches dont have to worry about beating us like they did back then...but i still think it is going to be hard to find a big name guy...also LOD Mrs. Vick is a great lady and she does want to win in football

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AGENDA seems to equal "masondixon"...what is it?...why can't he apply?...he is a free man in a free country...none of us know his motives for applying for another job...why hate on hester?...why hate on lavergn?

the coach at wilson central applies for jobs every year and they just keep on winning...and other coaches do the same...let em look...let them explore...it's america

hester has alot of credibility in the area for his coaching ability...

as i say all the time...if you are going to rip someone on here...sign your name at the bottom...and "masondixon" ain't what i'm talking about

dont think im ripping anyone. Just stating the facts. Why do i need to tell you my name, this is what the boards are for. People posting their opinions. My son plays at one of the middle schools that feed to lavergne. Why would i want my son to play for a man that doesn't want to be there. ive been watching the lavergne program, the 5-5 season had the most talent on any team. 5 game lost by a total of 10 pts, don't blame players that sounds like coaching to me. don't need to hate on a proven loser, so i guess we will be going to smyrna lol. ne1 know how to get a zone exemption

about coach hester applying at blackman...i was just wondering how many people on here have seen lavergne's facilities? the locker room is barely respectable for a middle school basketball team. the weight room has equipment that i bet came with the school when it was built. everything that they have is antiquated, which explains why it is a steppingstone position. yes, they have a lot of talent, but in 5A football (next year 6A) everybody has some talent. i have only been knowledgable about lhs for the last three seasons because the son of one of my close friends plays there, but i believe that lavergne high school does not have the necessities to take that raw talent to a higher level.

one more thing, and as i say this i want everyone to understand that I AM NOT RIPPING COACH HESTER...i just want some background, i keep hearing on here and on the tv game of the week this season against mcgavok, how hester is an offensive genius and an amazing coach. i have not seen evidence of this (6-14 the last two seasons). i do not know his background. was he the coordinator of an offensive machine before coming to lavergne? did he coach under an offensive genius? basically, how did he get that title/respect?

It would make plenty of sense for Hester to apply at Blackman. Blackman is a better school to teach at, Blackman has more talent coming back, the facilities are newer and better. I did hear he did apply.

Well the talent could be down if what I hear about Wells is correct, a few of the starters may be following their coach across town.

And about the facilities, Blackman doesnt have anything other than a stadium....doesnt LaVergne have a field house and stuff??

I do have to agree with the school environment though, Blackman much better then Lavergnes

Well the talent could be down if what I hear about Wells is correct, a few of the starters may be following their coach across town.

And about the facilities, Blackman doesnt have anything other than a stadium....doesnt LaVergne have a field house and stuff??

I do have to agree with the school environment though, Blackman much better then Lavergnes

where is wells going

This is true. It's exciting.

getting kevin dyson would be the worst possible thing that could ever happen to Blackman. just because he is a Tennessee celebrity doesn't mean he will be a good coach. I wouldn't put it past vick to hire him though. the athletics have gotten worse every year since she has been there.

dont think im ripping anyone. Just stating the facts. Why do i need to tell you my name, this is what the boards are for. People posting their opinions. My son plays at one of the middle schools that feed to lavergne. Why would i want my son to play for a man that doesn't want to be there. ive been watching the lavergne program, the 5-5 season had the most talent on any team. 5 game lost by a total of 10 pts, don't blame players that sounds like coaching to me. don't need to hate on a proven loser, so i guess we will be going to smyrna lol. ne1 know how to get a zone exemption

good luck at smyrna...the williams brothers are slowly driving that program into the ground...look at the fantastic job they did at blackman...no offense and absolutely no pass coverage....at most smyrna wins six next year

Not hard to do ask Sonny or Rod, they were both zoned for Lavergne but went to Smyrna. Happens all the time up there. That is another reason for Hester to leave. Remember Hester was going to go to Marshall County with Thomas but stayed. The team that went 5-5 lost games by both play and coaching. This passed year only had one starter returning and played a number of freshman. Hester has been at Lavergne for a number of years everyone needs a change sometimes.

good luck at smyrna...the williams brothers are slowly driving that program into the ground...look at the fantastic job they did at blackman...no offense and absolutely no pass coverage....at most smyrna wins six next year

3rd round of playoffs in 1st year at the school...

lost in 4 overtimes to 5A finalist (and probable state champs) and again by 6 points at end of the game...

players played hard for him every game...

did this with no returning QB...and lost tons of talent off of last years state championship team...

has the full backing of the administration...

incredible amount of talent coming back and the freshman class is absolutely loaded...no one even came close to them this year

sounds like he has really run it in the ground...LOL /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> and the future looks bleak... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

lost in 4 overtimes to 5A finalist (and probable state champs) and again by 6 points at end of the game...

did this with no returning QB...and lost tons of talent off of last years state championship team...

incredible amount of talent coming back and the freshman class is absolutely loaded...no one even came close to them this year

sounds like he has really run it in the ground...LOL /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> and the future looks bleak... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Agree /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

sounds like he has really run it in the ground...LOL and the future looks bleak...

huh looks like the only real talent he lost was sonny and rod

and as for the ALMOST win against oakland....what was that oakland and coffee county score again???

i would expect any coach to make it that far in the playoffs after inheriting a two time state championship team

and it does help that the region had a down year this year....no standout teams except for oakland

and as for the freshman team.....remember the 2006 blackman freshman team??? oh yeah twenty was as close as anyone came...now look at them....just because you are good freshman year doesn't mean you are good in varsity.

freshman to seniors are able to play at the varsity level...bigger,stronger,faster...freshman means nothing

and as for coffee county who ALMOST beat oakland...they finished 2-8..shows how much ALMOST means

{oh yeah----the 3rd round is called the quarterfinals}