New Coach at Blackman

2priceless

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach A is going to stay at warrior nation is what I have been told today.As for the DC job, I,like Riverdaleman, was not aware that there was an opening.Hope there is one, just not aware of it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Coach A is going to stay at warrior nation is what I have been told today.As for the DC job, I,like Riverdaleman, was not aware that there was an opening.Hope there is one, just not aware of it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

We can only sit and HOPE! Somebody needs to get there and teach REAL defense! If Coach A has a weakness that is it in my opinion. Teaching pass blocking would help also even if we are not going to pass. I felt so bad for our QB in the WC game game. When we FINALLY went to the pass he was running for his life in the backfield.

i don't know anyone that would say that matt williams DID NOT do a really good job at smyrna this year...i'm sure ther're a few out there...but most would say he did a great job...and their are no signs of him running the program in the ground (these were your words)...maybe you are a prophet or have a crystal ball...but what would you base your prediction on...except it sounds like you don't like williams for some reason???

the difference between coffee county and smyrna or at least one difference is smyrna did it twice...which simply shows they are and were legit...

actually i'm not sure the region had a down year...riverdale may have been down...but if you look at how close most of the scores were between oakland and the other region teams...you will see that once again region 4-5A is superior from top to bottom...

i actually like the freshman team (that were juniors this year)...theyy were apart of a pretty good team this year who played hard every game, had alot of adversity to over come, one win away from the playoffs, and played the best two teams in the region as bout as tight as you can play a team...the bottom line is these juniors still have another year together and have an opportunity to have a great senior year...it should not be too hard to win for the new coacch at blackman

and all i meant about the freshman team for the bulldogs is they have talent and therefore the potential to continue to be good

thanks for letting me know what the 3rd round is called...i just used another word..synonym is what it is called...just another way to express quarterfinals...

hey...if you hate williams or smyrna or both...just say it...or at least say why (at least give some evidence or i wish my kid/ cousin/ neighbors kid would have played more...etc)...but you stand in very little company when it comes to the job williams did this year with the bulldogs...and know one knows how he will do next year but all signs look to another good year at smyrna...

i never said i hated williams because i don't...i actually respect the williams brothers as much as any...the only thing i meant when i said i thought he was driving it into the ground was he lost some talent(some which he will never replace) and i am not so sure that hiring his brother for offensive coordinator was the best decision he could have made. sorry if i offended you...i know that you and Josh both liked Matt, but i just don't see him having as good of a year next year

I am not surprised that Coach A is looking for a DC at Riverdale. I think he wasn't able to find anyone that would fit into the teaching openings that Riverdale had last yr when Creasy left. Hemontoler is an offensive coach and I think stepped into the DC role b/c there was no one else to take it at the time. He did the best that he could under the circumstances. I feel sure that Nolan has made this slot one of the utmost priority, and they will pursue someone with experience and a desire to work hard . Hope they get one with a tough skin b/c he will need it there! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Not sure if Wells is the right fit for them there though. I had thought he was going back to Smyrna??

Gaddis applied at Oakland and I really was surprised that he wasn't given the job. He has won everywhere that he has been and made it very clear that he wanted to be in the Boro again two yrs ago. I guess he was too old school for the powers that be at Oakland. That seemed to be a quality that they dismissed but it sure hasn't hurt Gaddis anywhere else he has been. I would like to see him at Blackman. He wouldn't take some of the bull that goes on there which is probably a main reason he wouldn't get hired. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

BTW....way to go Coach Creasy, former DC from Riverdale.....he is playing for the GOLD this week too as undefeated Trousdale takes on the task of adding to their trophy case.

/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" My understanding now is that Joe Gaddis of Henry Co. is interviewing for the job. This would a great hire if so..

Why would he leave us unless he is trying to get more $$$$ out of us over here in Henry County!!

We will continue to win in our new district and we will eventually beat one of those Nashville schools /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

i never said i hated williams because i don't...i actually respect the williams brothers as much as any...the only thing i meant when i said i thought he was driving it into the ground was he lost some talent(some which he will never replace) and i am not so sure that hiring his brother for offensive coordinator was the best decision he could have made. sorry if i offended you...i know that you and Josh both liked Matt, but i just don't see him having as good of a year next year

this is my last post concerning this topic...i don't want to get into a back and forth thing...you obviously know me...so grab me sometime and we'll have a good laugh over our Coach T crossfire's... /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> i always get a good laugh when i meet folks in person that i've counter-punched with on the "T"... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> and i hope i've been respectful in my punching...if i have not, i am sorry...so here goes the last time for me...

but...you are right you did not say that you hated williams...but you did say

1. he is running the program in the ground (that is a whole lot different than "he is losing some talent"...maybe i need to go back and take some kind of new english classes because where i came from...running the program in the ground says he ain't a very good coach and he is doing some terrible things to a historical good program)

2. you made fun of the job he did at blackman (in reality...he did not have tons of talent his first two years and his last year at blackman, the defense was pretty dang good)

3. you predicted he would win at most 6 games next year...and again he may...but tangible evidence would say he will win more

you did not offend me...really

but when i read your post...you made statements that simply were not true and never backed them up with any truth...so i made a guess that you did not like them or something...IT SURE DID NOT SEEM LIKE YOU HAD ALOT OF RESPECT FOR THEM /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /wacko.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

go back and read your post...it sounds ALOT different in this post than the other ones

bottom line...i think matt williams is one heck of a coach...i watched him upclose for 2 years...he knows football...he is intense...he is a tireless worker...he has integrity...relates well with the kids...and owns the mistakes he does make...and...it ain't about him...it really is about the kids...he also puts the kids in the right places and i saw him patiently coach a 178lb sophomore MLB who had no busness starting in 5A ball and without this coaching from him and wells...not sure where josh would be...and for that we are very grateful

this guy was hired for a reason...he is a good coach...and proved it this year...

I am not surprised that Coach A is looking for a DC at Riverdale. I think he wasn't able to find anyone that would fit into the teaching openings that Riverdale had last yr when Creasy left. Hemontoler is an offensive coach and I think stepped into the DC role b/c there was no one else to take it at the time. He did the best that he could under the circumstances. I feel sure that Nolan has made this slot one of the utmost priority, and they will pursue someone with experience and a desire to work hard . Hope they get one with a tough skin b/c he will need it there! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Not sure if Wells is the right fit for them there though. I had thought he was going back to Smyrna??

Gaddis applied at Oakland and I really was surprised that he wasn't given the job. He has won everywhere that he has been and made it very clear that he wanted to be in the Boro again two yrs ago. I guess he was too old school for the powers that be at Oakland. That seemed to be a quality that they dismissed but it sure hasn't hurt Gaddis anywhere else he has been. I would like to see him at Blackman. He wouldn't take some of the bull that goes on there which is probably a main reason he wouldn't get hired. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

BTW....way to go Coach Creasy, former DC from Riverdale.....he is playing for the GOLD this week too as undefeated Trousdale takes on the task of adding to their trophy case.

Don't know that Wells would get the approval of the boss at Smyrna, he left three weeks before the season started five yrs ago and took Coach Matt to get himself in line for the BHS job when Alsup announced that he was stepping down at the end of that season.

Don't know that Wells would get the approval of the boss at Smyrna, he left three weeks before the season started five yrs ago and took Coach Matt to get himself in line for the BHS job when Alsup announced that he was stepping down at the end of that season.

That was what I had heard about Williams......that he could never come back after the way that he left Shad high and dry. We saw how that worked out though, didn't we?

That was what I had heard about Williams......that he could never come back after the way that he left Shad high and dry. We saw how that worked out though, didn't we?

The only problem I see is Mark Williams is in Wells old teaching position. And the other Science spots are all teachers that have been there a while. When the Williams brothers came to SHS this year they had a temp in that spot. I may be wrong, I felt that the big boss wouldn't take Coach Matt back. Either way Coach Wells is a good DC and would help any program. I really like our current DC and the way our boys play under him.

The only problem I see is Mark Williams is in Wells old teaching position. And the other Science spots are all teachers that have been there a while. When the Williams brothers came to SHS this year they had a temp in that spot. I may be wrong, I felt that the big boss wouldn't take Coach Matt back. Either way Coach Wells is a good DC and would help any program. I really like our current DC and the way our boys play under him.

Actually there was a biology/chemistry position open for Smyrna posted on the RCS website. The deadline to apply was yesterday.