Oakland @ Ooltewah

ImaOWL

Way to go, Oakland !!

It's been a loong time.

Good to see my alma maters-- Big "O" in the championship, and the Blue Raiders of Middle Tennessee playing for a bowl game (on Wednesday vs. the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns).

Plus, with the Titans, this has been a great year.

Bring the trophy back to Murfreesboro where it belongs ! I will be there (and hopefully in my open air box) !

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If region 4=sec than region 6 must equal the NFL. Going to be a great game with Oakland and franklin but I wouldn't jump out and say that region 4 is a dominant region just yet

They've been in the championship game every year since 2001 except for one... Region 6 has been in the championship game ever year since 2002 except for one... I think they're on an equal footing... with the only difference being Riverdale's dominance of the region (and the east side of the state) in the early years of that period while Region 6 hasn't had one dominant force in the period.

Owls really pulled an old we don't have a Qb and I'd love to see this years team with Jeremy Woods playing Qb.

I ve said it all year and been critized for it and it came true !!!! One dimentional will take you so far.......now i m proud of the Owls but that is the big problem with the O and thats ok cause they made it this far on what they got. Good job Owls keep your heads up and be proud of yourselves.

Since 5 classes began:

2007: Smyrna 46-20 over Independence RC 1 - WC 1

2006: Smyrna 35-14 over Ravenwood RC 2 - WC 2

2005: Ravenwood 14-7 over Oak Ridge WC 3

2004: Riverdale 35-7 over Franklin RC 3 - WC 4

2003: Germantown 10-7 over Riverdale RC 4

2002: Brentwood 10-7 over Riverdale RC 5 - WC 5

2001: Riverdale 35-7 over Hendersonville RC 6

2000: Red Bank 27-7 over Riverdale RC 7

1999: Sevier Co 31-27 over Glencliff

1998: Oakland 46-24 over Hendersonville RC 8

1997: Riverdale 34-18 over Munford RC 9

1996: Brentwood Academy 28-7 over Jefferson Co WC 6

1995: Brentwood Academy 27-16 over Riverdale WC 7 - RC 10

1994: Riverdale 14-10 over Germantown RC 11

1993: Lincoln Co 20-7 over Riverdale RC 12

So Oakland makes it 13 out of 16 years for a Rutherford County School and if Franklin hangs on Williamson Co will be next at 8 out of 16 years.

great stats mr. limbaugh...

Region 4-5A is so tough...you win it and you are hard to stop...

think of how tough oakland's wins were this year against region 4-5A teams

**OHS beat riverdale 17-6...game much closer than score

**beat wilson central 16-10

**beat smyrna 24-17 in 4 overtimes

**lost to lebanon 14-17

**beat siegel 21-10

**beat blackman 7-0...this probably should have been at least an overtime game

**beat smyrna again in playoffs 9-3

then go beat the Owls big time...this is not taking anything from Oakland...just shows how tough this region really is...and how folks around the state do not understand how tough it is to survive and win in this region...

First and foremost CONGRATULATIONS OAKLAND! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Rigger to answer your question, there are NO 2, 3, or 4A schools in Rutherford County. If there were they would be tough. The reason Region 4 is so tough and successful is the fact they play tough compitition EVERY week even when they play out of Region. They are also not afraid to travel to play tough compitition also. A prime example was R'dale playing a tough private in Chattanooga that for some reason can't or won't play teams there. Yes R'dale got beat, but the team they played did NOT have a fun time of it and trailed MOST of the game.

In 1A we have ONE school that is also in a tough Region of their own that has only been playing football for 6 years. They ARE getting better also though.

The Owl team of two years ago was WAY better than anyone thought here and it showed!

For the current Owl players, congratulations for a great year and you should be proud as you represented your area well.

um ok guy.

There was ALOT of quotes like that from Franklin in 2004 also. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

If I remember the game correctly they FINALLY scored in the LAST 2 minutes of the game against R'dales THIRD string! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

First and foremost CONGRATULATIONS OAKLAND! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Rigger to answer your question, there are NO 2, 3, or 4A schools in Rutherford County. If there were they would be tough. The reason Region 4 is so tough and successful is the fact they play tough compitition EVERY week even when they play out of Region. They are also not afraid to travel to play tough compitition also. A prime example was R'dale playing a tough private in Chattanooga that for some reason can't or won't play teams there. Yes R'dale got beat, but the team they played did NOT have a fun time of it and trailed MOST of the game.

In 1A we have ONE school that is also in a tough Region of their own that has only been playing football for 6 years. They ARE getting better also though.

The Owl team of two years ago was WAY better than anyone thought here and it showed!

For the current Owl players, congratulations for a great year and you should be proud as you represented your area well.

If you check I believe McCallie has played 10 regular season games the last 2 years and Ooltewah has played 9, I would venture to say Ooltewah does not want to play Div II schools. Ooltewah will come to nash to maplewood and whites creek. Also Ooltewah even has rep on Legislative council of tssaa. Rdale played McCallie, Smyrna played BA.

I'm sure they have a good reason for not wanting to play them but not play and only have 9 game season?

If you check I believe McCallie has played 10 regular season games the last 2 years and Ooltewah has played 9, I would venture to say Ooltewah does not want to play Div II schools. Ooltewah will come to nash to maplewood and whites creek. Also Ooltewah even has rep on Legislative council of tssaa. Rdale played McCallie, Smyrna played BA.

I'm sure they have a good reason for not wanting to play them but not play and only have 9 game season?

Ooltewah has never and will never play private schools from anywhere. Thats how it has been for as long as I remember. The administration doesn't want to because half of the kids that play for local private schools in Chattanooga are probably suppose to be at Ooltewah therefore, Ooltewah won't play them. And the normally aren't that great anyway, with the exception of a few years, one being when that BJ Coleman led team beat Riverdale. The reason Ooltewah only plays 9 games is because no one in Chattanooga or East TN for that matter will play them because they don't want to lose. They would rather just take an easy win against a different opponent than play Ooltewah. Thats why Ooltewah has to go into Mid TN to find teams to play. And I think Ooltewah actually plays Franklin next year. Thats why Ooltewah won't play private schools and why they only play 9 games.