Franklin Rebels vs White Station

well i have rooted against the rebels all season and now that it is down to it...go rebels!

i want to see a team from region 6-5a bring home the gold ball again.

I was at the CHS and BHS games vs franklin and im gonna tell ya the rebel D does not like to get scored on!!

i saw Jervis smashing his helmet into his head after the bruins scored a touchdown so im gonna say under his reign he wont let the white station offense put up too many points.

and btw rebel fans who are #40 and #48 they play like wild men and 48 is probably the most explosive tackler ive seen in a while so goodluck to white station and to the rebels

prediction: FHS-21

WS-10

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Franklin team is the best team to come out of the region since 2005. 2006 Ravenwood was good, but people forget that their defense wasn't much of anything after the first round of the playoffs--they gave up 28, 29, and 28 in wins against Antioch, Hunters Lane, and White Station before Smyrna dropped 35 on them in the title game. Franklin hasn't given up more than 14 points since October 3. They have an unbelievable amount of experience on both sides of the ball....their QB (a Mr. Football Finalist) has been playing for the better part of three years and has a lot of playoff games under his belt. He may not wow you with his statistics but he rarely makes mistakes and is extremely well coached. The receivers make plays when they need to and they have great chemistry with Nichols.

The running game is scary. Lee and Ford are both juniors and both have had outstanding seasons in one of the state's toughest regions.

I would say Franklin's biggest strength is line play on both sides of the ball. The O-Line is absolutely outstanding--one of the best I've seen and the defensive guys (led by JD Jervis) wreak havoc all game long. This team has no discernible weakness and has every tool necessary to bring home a gold ball. That said, there are a ton of variables in a football game.

Although they have experience, Franklin hasn't made it this far under Clayton, so you don't know how they will react. However, I've watched them for the last four years and I felt like the quarterfinals were the big hump for them...they have gotten over that hump and there's no reason why they shouldn't move past White Station on Friday night.

I'm an Independence fan, but my allegiance is solely to the Rebels right now. Good luck boys...represent 6-5A well!

It sounds like Franklin has all the pieces in place. Normally, the team that controls the line of scrimmage wins the game, and it sound like Franklin wins that battle more than not. I think one factor that looks to be on Franklins side is their experience. We are still growing and learning. If we put together a complete game, I feel confident we can compete. if we make youthfull mistakes, we could be in for a long game.

Glad you can find it to pull for a team from your region. I'm that way too.

Better than the Indy team last year, but about the same as the Ravenwood team from the year before that. I would say that the Ravenwood team had a better defense, however this Franklin team has a better offense.

The west side of the bracket was down last year, however this year Franklin will have a chance with whomever the east side produces for the championship game (obviously I am picking Franklin in this one). Although if you can stop or limit Frankin's run game, then you will have a chance. Good luck to both teams.

all ways find a way to bash INDY ( cause your kid was backup ) WTF saying west was down last year, what are you some expert now on west tn. football- gosh give indy props...

well i have rooted against the rebels all season and now that it is down to it...go rebels!

i want to see a team from region 6-5a bring home the gold ball again.

I was at the CHS and BHS games vs franklin and im gonna tell ya the rebel D does not like to get scored on!!

i saw Jervis smashing his helmet into his head after the bruins scored a touchdown so im gonna say under his reign he wont let the white station offense put up too many points.

and btw rebel fans who are #40 and #48 they play like wild men and 48 is probably the most explosive tackler ive seen in a while so goodluck to white station and to the rebels

prediction: FHS-21

WS-10

#40 is Cole Nathan. He severely injured his leg last year against IHS (in the regular season) and he has been playing like a man possessed ever since, whether at OLB or DE.

#48 is Nick Gordon. He played DE last year, but suddenly got moved to MLB, and obviously he has adjusted abnormally well.

#15(Ramsey Sellars), #53 (Timmy Wilson), #22 (Jonny Jones), and #57(J.D. Jervis) coupled with the players mentioned above, have mutated the Franklin Rebel front-7 into a force to be reasoned with...

Good Job, boys

Is Ford more of a power back? Or does he have the speed and moves to run away from the defense?

Ford definitely runs hard, but I wouldn't call him a power back. He's not huge, but he knows how to keep his feet moving and lower his shoulder to get the tough yards. I've seen him make many defenders miss with his moves though. I'd say his best asset has to be his burst. He just hits the whole quick and hard. Once he gets past the first line he usually takes the ball a long way with his speed. Kilo Lee is a little larger back and gets a lot of tough yards, but you couldn't classify him as a "power back" either. He's got great hands out of the backfield and he's elusive in the open field.

Spartansfan,

What are some of the names and numbers of WS playmakers we fans should look for friday night? I know a previous poster from Millington mentioned the RB with the youtube video.

I'll second donathan's point: not since that 05 RHS team has 6-5A seen a team this complete. Im actually reminded of the 2002 Brentwood team that won state. I don't know much about White Station, can anyone out west give us a little more insight? What type of offense, strength of defense, strengths and weaknesses, etc.

Spartansfan,

What are some of the names and numbers of WS playmakers we fans should look for friday night? I know a previous poster from Millington mentioned the RB with the youtube video.

Brandon Hayes is the rb that was referred to by millingtonfan2007. He's human, so I don't look for him to carry Franklin's defense into the endzone everytime he touches the ball. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> But he does have good moves and runs with a purpose. He is one of those types that will finish his runs by going forward. He has some good technique and it has served him well this year. He can make people miss, and has good speed. He wears #1 or #23 depending on the uniform we wear.

Julian Burton is another quick and elusive runner. He's #4, and runs hard. He poses problems for defenders in the passing game, since we normally line him up as a receiver.

Our QB, Marino, #17, is a sr. This is his 1st year starting, but has done well managing the game for us. He's a pretty good passer, keeps a cool head.

Defensively, #44 is our marque player on defense. Fred Harvey is the type that has his motor going nonstop. He tends to either make the play, or makes the guys around him better by his presence. Our secondary is solid, and we have a good pass rush. The defense has been pretty consistent all season.

The offense had the most adjustments to make this year due to the new coaching staff and a different offensive philosophy as well as alot of youth. I think our strength is the diversity of what we can do. I'm hoping we can find somethings that will work against Franklin's d.

all ways find a way to bash INDY ( cause your kid was backup ) WTF saying west was down last year, what are you some expert now on west tn. football- gosh give indy props...

Intelligent observation about my "kid" being the "backup" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I have watched high school football for probably as long as you have been alive and I can tell you the quality of teams in region 6 and the west side of the bracket for that matter were down last year. I "give Indy props" for making it as far as they did, however any other year they are in a battle to the end of the regular season to make the playoffs as a 3 or 4 seed, not win the region. And you would be surprised how many people (high school coaches, college coaches, past and present players, etc.) agree with my assessment.

But region 6 is back up to par this year, and as a result the Rebels will make it back to the Boro to compete for the title.

Intelligent observation about my "kid" being the "backup" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I have watched high school football for probably as long as you have been alive and I can tell you the quality of teams in region 6 and the west side of the bracket for that matter were down last year. I "give Indy props" for making it as far as they did, however any other year they are in a battle to the end of the regular season to make the playoffs as a 3 or 4 seed, not win the region. And you would be surprised how many people (high school coaches, college coaches, past and present players, etc.) agree with my assessment.

But region 6 is back up to par this year, and as a result the Rebels will make it back to the Boro to compete for the title.

back up to par but uhmm hasnt region 6 been to the finals like the last 6 - 7 years ?

for indy they did what they had to do....... and if it was a down year didnt they go 3- 1 versus region 5 last year ....

moving on this is not indy thread--- go REBS

back up to par but uhmm hasnt region 6 been to the finals like the last 6 - 7 years ?

for indy they did what they had to do....... and if it was a down year didnt they go 3- 1 versus region 5 last year ....

moving on this is not indy thread--- go REBS

because region 5 is the worst football region in the state (battling with region 1 and 3) year in year out, but agreed back to the Franklin-White Station game.