Franklin Rebels vs White Station

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose I should be more humble -- I'll wait till next week to rub it in!

First off, Congratulations Franklin! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Second thing, rebelmaniac I seem to remember some folks from Franklin saying they were going to run over Riverdale in 2004 much like you are thinking now. There WAS a team that was run all over but it was NOT Riverdale.

No Oakland is not the same as the team as the 2004 R'dale team, but they are pretty good.

Second thing, rebelmaniac I seem to remember some folks from Franklin saying they were going to run over Riverdale in 2004 much like you are thinking now. There WAS a team that was run all over but it was NOT Riverdale.

Not anyone that was doing anything other than just talking smack.

Certainly does seem like they've got quite the team at FHS this year... hope they make us all proud.

Edit: I can't believe that was four years ago! Man, I'm getting old...

Not anyone that was doing anything other than just talking smack.

Certainly does seem like they've got quite the team at FHS this year... hope they make us all proud.

Edit: I can't believe that was four years ago! Man, I'm getting old...

Wish I didn't remember it like it was but I too remember that game like it was yesterday. Riversale was a spectacular team that year. Going to b a long time before this state sees anything of the sort.

Congrsts rebels. Keep it up and u will accomplish something that this school hasn't seen. Going to b a great week for you!!!!

this is to the guys were who saying that Hayes and the other guy were going to amaze franklin. uhhh wrong. we made you eat your words again and again. i hight doubt that white station had over 50 yards rushing. You just look stupid when you post on here about how great your running backs are and then they dont back it up.

try rooting for a real talented consistent rb... Alex Ford. Over all the game should have ended 35-10 but due to the score, the deffensive starters were pulled so that is the reason for the late score. No really much of a game, franklin was rolling the whole game and could not be stopped. Propts to white station making it that far though.

the person i was referring to is Millingtonfan. ^^^

this is to the guys were who saying that Hayes and the other guy were going to amaze franklin. uhhh wrong. we made you eat your words again and again. i hight doubt that white station had over 50 yards rushing. You just look stupid when you post on here about how great your running backs are and then they dont back it up.

try rooting for a real talented consistent rb... Alex Ford. Over all the game should have ended 35-10 but due to the score, the deffensive starters were pulled so that is the reason for the late score. No really much of a game, franklin was rolling the whole game and could not be stopped. Propts to white station making it that far though.

the person i was referring to is Millingtonfan. ^^^

I understand your post is directed to millingtonfan. But I do want to comment on the topic.

Franklin played a great game, hats off to them! They executed very well, and were very consistent in their play. They are obviously well coached. I can't predict an outcome of next weeks matchup simply because I know nothing of Oakland. I would suspect it will be competitive since Oakland is from the central area, and seemingly, the central area has a system figured out to keep seeing success in 5A football. The confidence 6-5A has is justified with the records posted in these playoff games.

I don't believe the central area has all the talent. What I witnessed last night wasn't about one person having amazing talent. Yes, Ford is pretty fast. Once he got around the corner on us, he was gone. Your QB showed a great amount of poise and accuracy on his passes. But the key to your success is in your O-line. When your blocking broke down, the plays broke down. When blocking was good, the play had success.

For WS, our inside running game wasn't working. That forced us into a passing game, and trying to get to the outside with screens and such. Franklin's defense was very disciplined with staying put and not allowing all of the side to side movement to get people out of position. Normally, that is one thing we use to our benefit. When the defensive players get out of position, our running backs have space, and can exploit that space to our benefit. But it didn't work last night. That's a credit to Franklin's defense and their preparation.

The blueprint for success seems consistent whether it's Franklin, Indy from last year, or Ravenwood from the year before. Those are the times I've witnessed 6-5A football. And all three teams, even with their individuality, seems to have the same recipe for succeeding.

We have a young team at WS, and while we are disappointed to lose the game, we are happy to have gotten into the semi finals. It's into the offseason for us. Perhaps we can build on where we are now and get back next year!