All Region 6a

youngcoach

the only thing you cant say about gilbreath is what would mtp be without him?

mTp would have been without 79 tackles and his 17 tackles-for-loss and 7 sacks despite missing two games because of an injury this past year. And mTp would have been without, for 4 years, a school-record 41 tackles-for-loss as well as 20 sacks during his four years as a starter. All that despite a hearing impairment.

..........I think that may answer your question.........

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few names, positions and/or numbers that should be called

mTp

English #4, Gilbert #88, Bays #55, Nance #16, Runions #73, Holt #46, Armstrong #21, Johnson #51 & Braden #7

Zion

Pugh #13 & Whalman #81

Cornersville

Bassham, Polly and #25

Perry Co

Mercer and the other back

Wayne Co

Tyler #12, #78, two receivers & #21

Collinwood

Adams, Cowham & center

Columbia Academy

Rector and left tackle (?)

Just a few names that I think will be called out in either all region or hornorable mention.

Over all MVP? Offensive MVP? Defensive MVP? Top lineman? any ideas?

i belive that John Morgan should be on this list from c'wood.

Rice from Wayne County-he did lead his team to the 2nd round the farthest anyone in 6a got. (Good choice and should be considered. Just a Sophomore though)

Pugh from Zion (Good numbers in yards and TD but too many Int's. I do know he was about all Zion had but too many int to be MVP)

Rector from CA (Another good player that should be in the mix. My only kick aganist him is his foolish personal foul that got him suspended for one ball game. Good players should make sure they keep there cool on the field. In all sports at all levels.)

and of course gilbreath from MTP. (Like I have said before most all teams in the region set up the offense to steer to the opposite side that he lined up at. That has been done for two years straight. If he had played the last two games he would have really padded his stats. Plus he played 3/4 of the MC game with a broken had that he would not let anyone look at until the game was over.)

My ranking of these 4: 1. Gilbreath 2. Rice 3. Pugh 4. Rector

Rice from Wayne County-he did lead his team to the 2nd round the farthest anyone in 6a got. (Good choice and should be considered. Just a Sophomore though)

Pugh from Zion (Good numbers in yards and TD but too many Int's. I do know he was about all Zion had but too many int to be MVP)

Rector from CA (Another good player that should be in the mix. My only kick aganist him is his foolish personal foul that got him suspended for one ball game. Good players should make sure they keep there cool on the field. In all sports at all levels.)

and of course gilbreath from MTP. (Like I have said before most all teams in the region set up the offense to steer to the opposite side that he lined up at. That has been done for two years straight. If he had played the last two games he would have really padded his stats. Plus he played 3/4 of the MC game with a broken had that he would not let anyone look at until the game was over.)

My ranking of these 4: 1. Gilbreath 2. Rice 3. Pugh 4. Rector

good post he must be 1 tough kid he is deserving if he gets it

who ended up having the most rushing yards in the region?

Here's the top ten rushers from the Region........

Name................... School ................... CAR...... YDS .........AVG ..........TD

Dray Mercer ..........Perry Co................. 152 ......1090 .........7.2............ 7

Alex Rector ...........Columbia Acad. ........148 ......991 ..........6.7 ............16

Dalton Holt............ Moore Co................. 148 ......758 ..........5.1 ............9

Dylan Jones.......... Cornersville............ 120 .......537 ..........4.5 ............5

Javaris Holt........... Mt. Pleasant............. 115 .......568 ..........4.9 ............7

Dillon Warren ........Wayne Co............... 108 .......719 ..........6.7 ........... 9

Kyle Crowell......... Perry Co. .................93 ........601 ..........6.5 .............5

Chase Graham..... Wayne Co................. 88 ........675 ..........7.7 ............7

Cole Campbell ......Perry Co. .................84 .........365 .........4.3 .............4

Max Risner........... Collinwood............... 78 ........595 .........7.6 .............8

source:http://www.highschoolsports.net/DisplayWidgets/leaders.cfm?

Rector....... missed being the leading rusher by 100 yards, but the number of TD's Rector put up, I'd say, would override that issue and make him the best rusher in the Region. Not taking much of anything away from the Mercer kid.....no doubt he worked his behind off too, just not as many TD's to help his cause.....still a rock solid performance this year by Mercer though and he's listed just a sophomore at that......Looks as though Perry Co. has found themselves a runner.

i dont wanna take anything away from anybody.....but there is no way that the Gilbreath kid should have got mr. football.......all mr. football is is how well a team can promote a player it doesnt matter if they r the best for the award just if their team promoted them for it well enough..........now Gilbreath is a good player but mr. football is a lil much.....the way i look at mvp is......can you take this player outta the equation and still be able to finish where you did....without Gilbreath would mtp have ended up in 2nd......YES.....