All Region 6a

youngcoach

i dont wanna take anything away from anybody.....but there is no way that the Gilbreath kid should have got mr. football.......all mr. football is is how well a team can promote a player it doesnt matter if they r the best for the award just if their team promoted them for it well enough..........now Gilbreath is a good player but mr. football is a lil much.....the way i look at mvp is......can you take this player outta the equation and still be able to finish where you did....without Gilbreath would mtp have ended up in 2nd......YES.....

Who should have won Mr Football?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the top ten rushers from the Region........

Rector....... missed being the leading rusher by 100 yards, but the number of TD's Rector put up, I'd say, would override that issue and make him the best rusher in the Region. Not taking much of anything away from the Mercer kid.....no doubt he worked his behind off too, just not as many TD's to help his cause.....still a rock solid performance this year by Mercer though and he's listed just a sophomore at that......Looks as though Perry Co. has found themselves a runner.

Yea, i agree that Rector was the best rusher in the region by a good bit. And i also believe that those stats are not correct because i know that Rector rushed for over 1000 yards this year, so putting that in the equation as well, he was the best rusher in the region by far. I would put him in the top 3 for region MVP with Rice and Gilbreath being his competition.

He did not even get nominated

True. I think he should have been nominated. I saw him play twice and he played like I would think a Mr. Football nominee should play. I can't say anything about Gilbreath because i never saw him play because he did not play against us. I'm not saying that he shouldn't have won. But I would think that to win Mr. Football you should play every game..

True. I think he should have been nominated. I saw him play twice and he played like I would think a Mr. Football nominee should play. I can't say anything about Gilbreath because i never saw him play because he did not play against us. I'm not saying that he shouldn't have won. But I would think that to win Mr. Football you should play every game..

i agree, in my opinion gilbreath isnt all he's cracked up to be, he's good, but i think he's overrated, i saw a lot of kids better than him play this season

well for starters how bout the rb from south pitt or #5 from trousdale co. that kid is a beast lol ive seen a number of players that should have got it just Gilbreath was promoted better #5 from jo byrns would have been a legit winner

Are you totally lost or what? David Jones from South Pitt won Mr Football Back of the year. Preston won the Mr Football lineman.

Rector....... missed being the leading rusher by 100 yards, but the number of TD's Rector put up, I'd say, would override that issue and make him the best rusher in the Region. Not taking much of anything away from the Mercer kid.....no doubt he worked his behind off too, just not as many TD's to help his cause.....still a rock solid performance this year by Mercer though and he's listed just a sophomore at that......Looks as though Perry Co. has found themselves a runner.

i know for a fact rector had over 1000 yards. he also missed a game in there(retarded move on his part tho) for the wayne county dude saying gilbreath didnt deserve mr football is crazy. mr football is the BEST player, not the reason your team got X amount far. but i do believe region MVP is exactly that, the reason you got X amount far. if i had a vote it would go to Rector. he through 3-4 touchdown passes, kicked a fieldgoal or too, kicked the ball off, returned the kickoff(scored 1-2) and also rushed for around 1000 yards, with a line that didnt play to well all the time, and recievers who didnt always block.

i agree, in my opinion gilbreath isnt all he's cracked up to be, he's good, but i think he's overrated, i saw a lot of kids better than him play this season

you obviously never have played against him, i do believe you should have to play all the games to be nominated, but he was a very good player.

I AGREE WITH PRETTY MUCH EVERYBODY HAS SAID. BUT I THINK QB AT ZION SHOULD BE MVP FOR GOODNESS SAK LOOKING AT HIS STATS ! AND HE PLAYED ZION. not shouting at anyone my button was stuck

nothin against pugh, but if you throw the ball 99 % of the time you'll have good numbers. he had a ton of pics. and altough had zions best year they've ever had, it still wasnt that great of a year. he may get it next year in D2 but this year it'll go to Rector, Gilbreath, or Rice.

I AGREE WITH PRETTY MUCH EVERYBODY HAS SAID. BUT I THINK QB AT ZION SHOULD BE MVP FOR GOODNESS SAK LOOKING AT HIS STATS ! AND HE PLAYED ZION. not shouting at anyone my button was stuck

Sorry but he shouldn't be up for consideration. I believe with Monkey Wrench. If you look at his percentages of TD's to INT's then he isn't any better than anyone else. The only reason he had a ton of yards is because they threw the ball 50 times a game. His average yards per completion isn't that great either so he was just a good QB but by NO means could he be the Region 6a MVP. Sorry to burst your bubble on that one. Disagree with me if you want but if every AB threw as many times as he did then they would put up double the stats as Pugh did. He is by far Zion's MVP but if he was on anyone else's team, he would not have been their MVP. He had a good season but not a Region 6A MVP season.

Top three candidates (in no order)

1. Rector

2. Rice

3. Gilbreath

No one else that i can think about.