All Region 6a

youngcoach

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the Most Valuable Player in Region-6 this year was Rector he was the MOST Valuable to his team....

ummmmmmmmmmm not maybe to his team i think it should be dillion warren should be he didnt start at running back till week 4 and kid is best outside linebacker in the region and rushed for 900 yards in 6 weeks

ummmmmmmmmmm not maybe to his team i think it should be dillion warren should be he didnt start at running back till week 4 and kid is best outside linebacker in the region and rushed for 900 yards in 6 weeks

he is pretty good but he is not the best outside linbacker in the region. he was a non factor defensivly aganist c'wood.

i know for a fact rector had over 1000 yards. he also missed a game in there(retarded move on his part tho) for the wayne county dude saying gilbreath didnt deserve mr football is crazy. mr football is the BEST player, not the reason your team got X amount far. but i do believe region MVP is exactly that, the reason you got X amount far. if i had a vote it would go to Rector. he through 3-4 touchdown passes, kicked a fieldgoal or too, kicked the ball off, returned the kickoff(scored 1-2) and also rushed for around 1000 yards, with a line that didnt play to well all the time, and recievers who didnt always block.

you obviously never have played against him, i do believe you should have to play all the games to be nominated, but he was a very good player.

actually i did play against him, he's good, but from what i saw not mr. football lineman good.

he is in my top three for mvp tho along with rector and rice, i say rice, he's just a good athlete, he's just a sophomore and he is the best dual threat qb in the region, he can run and pass, rector's a great runner, but he's not the greatest passer, everyone knew he was going to run most of the time

i know for a fact rector had over 1000 yards. he also missed a game in there(retarded move on his part tho) for the wayne county dude saying gilbreath didnt deserve mr football is crazy. mr football is the BEST player, not the reason your team got X amount far. but i do believe region MVP is exactly that, the reason you got X amount far. if i had a vote it would go to Rector. he through 3-4 touchdown passes, kicked a fieldgoal or too, kicked the ball off, returned the kickoff(scored 1-2) and also rushed for around 1000 yards, with a line that didnt play to well all the time, and recievers who didnt always block.

you obviously never have played against him, i do believe you should have to play all the games to be nominated, but he was a very good player.

actually i did play against him, he's good, but from what i saw not mr. football lineman good.

he is in my top three for mvp tho along with rector and rice, i say rice, he's just a good athlete, he's just a sophomore and he is the best dual threat qb in the region, he can run and pass, rector's a great runner, but he's not the greatest passer, everyone knew he was going to run most of the time

Yea, Rector is an amazing runner and he isn't bad at passing either. He was better at throwing than CA's other QB. I don't think that the coaches ever gave Rector a real shot to show how good of throwing QB he was. If you were at the Zion game, he did quite well. Yes, i know, that was only Zion, but he still impressed me with his arm that game as well as his legs. Just an all-around great football player and has been CA's best player since his sophomore season.

Now who is the Defensive MVP? Offensive MVP? Top Lineman?

Top Linemen:

Gilbreath

Defensive MVP:

one of the Wayne Co. linebackers (forgot which one it was but he was really impressive) but truly this one is a wide open race.

Offensive MVP:

Rice or Rector

Do they give an offensive MVP, defensive MVP and also an overall MVP?

kinda funny you say that, seeing as rector was like 8-8 passing against zion for like 130 yards, and rushed for like 220 too.

I'd say Davidson #17 from CA should be in consideration for defensive MVP, hes probably the only reason CA beat Cwood after Rector got kicked out of that game. he had like 5-6 tackles that game in the backfield in the 4th quarter, from the safety position.

Perry Co. had 2 players to be mentioned .Mercer led region in rushing 7 yds a carry his TDs total was low but he had TD catches and returns that dont go on rushing total TDs.I dont know but would guess he lead region in Kickoff return yards .He is real a dynamic player.Crowell was leading PC in tackles and averaging around 7 yds a carry had over 600 yds rushing before he got hurt.Perry Co. had a .500 season going till he got hurt lost every game after. Crowell is a 12th grade just love the kid and say he needs something.He was leading region in punting average yds.

Does anyone know when the banquent is?

zcazca44, was you #44 on the team?

Now who is the Defensive MVP? Offensive MVP? Top Lineman?

yea i'm 44 on the team, and about rector, i'll admit he had a great game against zion, but a lot of other kids could have done that with the holes all in zion's defense, he just saw them and made the play, and as far as passing goes, zion doesnt have any real corners, just one all right first year safety, rice is still my top choice

True. I think he should have been nominated. I saw him play twice and he played like I would think a Mr. Football nominee should play. I can't say anything about Gilbreath because i never saw him play because he did not play against us. I'm not saying that he shouldn't have won. But I would think that to win Mr. Football you should play every game..

Amen! ? Teams game-planned around that kid. ? He was priority number one when you played Jo Byrns. ? If you didn't get somebody on #5, he would always make the play. ? Our kids were so sick of hearing the number 5 following the two weeks of preparing for them.