John Ferguson Portland H.S.

Campbelle2

Posted by Campbelle2:

This guys seems to be overshadowed by his high profiled teammate Corey Brewer. Corey is a great player of Division 1 caliber. How good is John? Can someone give me stats, grade, height, Position and the particulars plus evaluate his skills. Is he a division 1, D-2, or a JUCO prospect.

I have had the oppurtunity to coach against and watch John through H.S. John is now a senior and a good one at that. John is 6"7 post/wing player. He is one of the best players in Tn. He has been overshadowed by his fellow teammate Corey Brewer. Not taking anything away from Corey because hes everything that you have heard and more. John will be a good mid major player. He is very strong on the block and has now developed an outside threat. Maybe I shouldnt say that Coach Kington and The Coach Goode may want to keep that secret for now. Ive watched him in different camps and hes more than held his own against TOP D1 talent. If you havent seen this guy your missing out. By the way his grades are good. If Coach Goode is Watching ( Is it in you? ) A.W.

Posted by Campbelle2:

Where is Portland located and who is the coach there? Is John a Senior? Will he be a qualifier? What school did you coach at? Was this school in Portland's District? I assume he is a power forward? Is he a four or a five?

Portland is 30 min. north of Nashville. Im pretty sure he is a qualifier. Repeating what I said prior, John is a senior, his coach is Tris Kington. I did coach at David Lipscomb H.S. I actually took John to a individual college workout camp, this summer. H.S. hes a five but college he would be both.

Last I heard he was getting looks from Rhodes College (Memphis), possibly MTSU and Austin Peay, and some other MidMajor to NAIA programs. He has a nice touch from outside and strong fundamental post game down low.. I honestly think hes the states best kept secret and the most underrated at this point because of Corey getting so much attention. And trust me Corey is well deserving of it but it hurts John in some ways. Coach Tris Kingston is a great coach, he gets the most and more out of his players. They should do really well in that district if the studs step up and then get some good guard and role play.