• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why Franklin will win:

Oakland opposing team??™s combined record: 67 wins ??“ 74 losses

Franklin opposing team??™s combined record: 87 wins -61 losses

Wins against teams with winning record: Oakland 5 ??“ Franklin 9

Average offensive points per game: Oakland 22 ??“ Franklin 35

Average defensive points per game: Oakland 8 ??“ Franklin 13

Combine ratio average of offense vs opposing defense and defense vs opposing offense: Oakland 2 ??“ Franklin 5

Common opponents wins/losses:

4-1 advantage Franklin (Brentwood 21 @ Smyrna 9, Blackman 6 @ Brentwood 28, Siegel 17 @ Brentwood 31, Centennial 22 @ Siegel 20, Dickson County 14 @ Riverdale 48)

Projected score @ rainy weather conditions: Franklin 22 ??“ Oakland 14

Projected score @ fair weather conditions: Franklin 35 ??“ Oakland 17 (Three points added to Oakland for local home field, mild weather advantage at Murfreesboro.)

I love all the people on here! It is hilarious to read all the post and how many people shut up once the game is over between oakland and their opponent. From Day 1 everyone doubted the hire of Coach McDaniel and the new staff he brought into Oakland. I will tell you that they are the best staff in Tennessee by far!!! You will not find a harder working group of men anywhere in Tennessee!! Obviously they have done something right going from 3-7 to 13-1. All you people that doubt what Oakland has done and give these players and coaches no credit, KEEP ON!!! Come Saturday you will once again find excuses on why your team was beat!!! How can you say Franklin will score over 14?? How can predict a win with one of the best defenses in the state??? How can you predict a win never seeing Oakland play?? Im not predicting a win for Oakland, all I am saying is you might want to rethink your thoughts and give the young men and Great coaching staff a little credit. Go Pats!!!!

I'm confused. How do u say that coMe sat we will find excuses as to y our team got beat and then say that your not predicting an Oakland win?? We predict things as to who will win and how many points becuz we are fans. It's what we do as fans. Oakland may have a great defense but Franklins isn't a push over and I'll go out on a limb and say that Oakland hasn't seen many offenses like Franklins

nice post. Lots of research or u find that on a website?

I've looked it up and ran the projections. Additionally, Franklin had one quality loss to Brentwood while Oakland had one non-quality loss to Lebanon.

Someone mention earlier Franklin being overconfident. I cannot see how Franklin can be overconfident when data suggest Franklin to be confident playing against quality opposition. The data is what it is while adding Hillsboro to the list for the 4A championship game to the quality of competition for Franklin. If history is any indication, it looks like the new Class III, District 11 will have two teams in the championship games every year.

Wait... when did they move the championship to round three??? Boy I'm glad someone reminded me I was about to go to the game next weekend! Come on there is a reason both these teams are in the championship, this should be a great game and after the way Oakland played against Ooltewah I think they stand a very good chance at knocking off Franklin.

But since you seem to know more than all the rest of us on here when is the championship for AAA basketball? I'd like to see that game. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

ha

I've looked it up and ran the projections. Additionally, Franklin had one quality loss to Brentwood while Oakland had one non-quality loss to Lebanon.

Someone mention earlier Franklin being overconfident. I cannot see how Franklin can be overconfident when data suggest Franklin to be confident playing against quality opposition. The data is what it is while adding Hillsboro to the list for the 4A championship game to the quality of competition for Franklin. If history is any indication, it looks like the new Class III, District 11 will have two teams in the championship games every year.

Fortunately, games are played on the field not on paper. As Ive said all year long, at times there is nothing pretty about how Oakland plays, yet they find a way to win almost all the time. I think the tempo of the game really dictates who stands the better chance. If it is a low-scoring defensive battle, I think you have to give Oakland the edge just because of their ball control offense and stifling defense. However, if it is a shootout, Franklin stands a much better chance as they have the better offense of the 2.

Just keep in mind that most of the power ratings and so called experts had Oakland as a 10-14 point favorite last week. I think Oakland is going to play a little bit more loose considering that no one expected them to be here and that they are going to be generally viewed as the underdog in this matchup

I love all the people on here! It is hilarious to read all the post and how many people shut up once the game is over between oakland and their opponent. From Day 1 everyone doubted the hire of Coach McDaniel and the new staff he brought into Oakland. I will tell you that they are the best staff in Tennessee by far!!! You will not find a harder working group of men anywhere in Tennessee!! Obviously they have done something right going from 3-7 to 13-1. All you people that doubt what Oakland has done and give these players and coaches no credit, KEEP ON!!! Come Saturday you will once again find excuses on why your team was beat!!! How can you say Franklin will score over 14?? How can predict a win with one of the best defenses in the state??? How can you predict a win never seeing Oakland play?? Im not predicting a win for Oakland, all I am saying is you might want to rethink your thoughts and give the young men and Great coaching staff a little credit. Go Pats!!!!

Maybe you need to show some respect for the players and coaches of Franklin yourself. Donnie Webb, their Defensive coodinator, has been to the BCB THREE times . We won it when he was at Oakland in 98. He has gotten to it two times now while at Franklin . So he has gotten there a total of THREE times in the last 10 yrswhile on THREE different staffs with three different head coaches, and three different teams. In my book and many others, that commands some respect. Add in that they have a very balanced offense, while ours hasn't always been so consistent this season. I really feel like had our offense shown any production last yr that we could have gone pretty far ourselves with the experienced players that we had. Now they have another yr under their belt and it is showing!

We played Franklin several yrs when Marty was head coach and then when Ferg was. It was a nice series that I would like to see re-newed.Their fans, coaches, players were always VERY gracious and hospitable towards Oakland. Tim Johnson was head coach. ( In fact Marty Euverard is coaching under Tim now at BGA so there is defintely respect!)I don't expect that respectful attitude to change this yr either .

Oakland's coaching staff has done a phenomenal job this yr. They have been applauded over and over and over. Just check the DNJ. Please don't cheapen Oakland by giving Frankin's players fodder for motivation.

Respect goes both ways.

There is not a Rebel player or fan who doesn't give respect to Oakland.

Franklin has fought hard this year and stayed focused on the game each week. Now it is time to focus on the championship game and bringing the "gold" to FHS! Rebel players and fans - hey, even Williamson County - want this win! They'll bring it all on Saturday.

The Patriots will play to win also, but the Rebel team - defense and offense - will take the gold!

Are there other games being played before the 7pm kickoff of Rebels vs Patriots?