franklin vs oakland

ftballkicker

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's amazing that ohs is still being downplayed so much by franklin fans on here. i think some franklin fans really believe that the bhs-fhs game two weeks ago was the state championship game. i have watched region four teams all year and i am here to tell you franklin fans that the patriots are a championship caliber team with a knack for power football. you guys can say what you want, but oakland's offense is gonna test just how good that defense of yours is. i guarantee that no one you've played can match oakland's physicality. there's just something really demoralizing about having the ball crammed down your throat for 3, 4, 5 yards a pop, knowing you can't stop it. something inside you just gives in, and you concede victory to the better, more PHYSICAL team.

That's why I'm going with the pats. they've been the underdog all year, and time and time again they've proved doubters wrong.

OHS: 21

FHS: 7

strike up the band and go home.

And your post doesnt downplay Franklin?? Better? More physical? You make these accusations based on what? Oakland is a great team, wouldnt be playing still if they werent. Same goes to Franklin. I would be surprised if Oakland held Franklins offense to 7 and also surprised if Franklin gives up 21. Its possible, but IMO it won't happen.

Eh well I think at this point, blood is thicker than region comraderie, being that Crawford's Wife's daughter is married to none other than................ Thomas McDaniel

Blood may very well be thicker than region comraderie, and Crawford may very well be helping out McDaniel, but at the same time with Clayton calling the plays I can guarantee he will have a few new wrinkles and I can also guarantee Webb will have his D ready to play.

Seriously wishing Saturday would role around here quicker

Oakland has played their best ball game of the season last week. Oakland's O-Line really showed up and opened some holes you could drive a truck through for The Love Train against a D-Line that was supposed to be top notch with the Mr. Football on it. (Haaaayyy Petrone!!!) I think Oakland's O-Line should dominate Franklin's D-Line and therefore be able to pound the rock all game. Franklin's defense is relatively small and the overpowering truck stick of the Love Train as well as the head knockin ability of Samuel Bass and many other strong and fluid runners should make it a long day for the Franklin defense. And I'm not even going to mention Oakland's monster defense or the ability of Christian Andrews to pull through in the clutch when needed.

And your post doesnt downplay Franklin?? Better? More physical? You make these accusations based on what? Oakland is a great team, wouldnt be playing still if they werent. Same goes to Franklin. I would be surprised if Oakland held Franklins offense to 7 and also surprised if Franklin gives up 21. Its possible, but IMO it won't happen.

Blood may very well be thicker than region comraderie, and Crawford may very well be helping out McDaniel, but at the same time with Clayton calling the plays I can guarantee he will have a few new wrinkles and I can also guarantee Webb will have his D ready to play.

Seriously wishing Saturday would role around here quicker

I do not think whatever Crawford says or doesnt say is going to be a big help or hindrance as it pertains to this game. Likewise, Oakland's D has been ready to play all season and I imagine Mac will have a few things thrown in that Franklin did not see on tape.

Championship game was between Franklin & Brentwood in round three. This game at MTSU is a mere formality for Franklin to play it out the rest of the way.

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know Franklin was that good. Last I checked Oakland earned their way into the state too and if you think it's a sure shot for

Franklin, you're in for a surprise.

But back on topic.....

This will be a great game and it will be focused on Franklin's D's ability to stop the big runnning plays from Oakland because from what i have heard their passing is mediocre at best(if im wrong please correct me)

And another big focus will be Franklin's ability to take advantage of a mediocre pass defense that Oakland has(once again correct me if im wrong) but i do believe Mr. Footballl finaklist Graham Nichols will be able to exploit it whether its to Eaton, Kibler, Lee or Starnes doesnt really matter.

Franklin in a close one

But back on topic.....

This will be a great game and it will be focused on Franklin's D's ability to stop the big runnning plays from Oakland because from what i have heard their passing is mediocre at best(if im wrong please correct me)

And another big focus will be Franklin's ability to take advantage of a mediocre pass defense that Oakland has(once again correct me if im wrong) but i do believe Mr. Footballl finaklist Graham Nichols will be able to exploit it whether its to Eaton, Kibler, Lee or Starnes doesnt really matter.

Franklin in a close one

My bad sir. I wouldn't write off Oakland's passing abilities. This may not be their strong point but they can connect when they need to, two good sized recievers that can run and go up top when necessary. I think Franklins strong point will be the Rebel recievers against the O's DB's. Good luck to both teams

Oakland has played their best ball game of the season last week. Oakland's O-Line really showed up and opened some holes you could drive a truck through for The Love Train against a D-Line that was supposed to be top notch with the Mr. Football on it. (Haaaayyy Petrone!!!) I think Oakland's O-Line should dominate Franklin's D-Line and therefore be able to pound the rock all game. Franklin's defense is relatively small and the overpowering truck stick of the Love Train as well as the head knockin ability of Samuel Bass and many other strong and fluid runners should make it a long day for the Franklin defense. And I'm not even going to mention Oakland's monster defense or the ability of Christian Andrews to pull through in the clutch when needed.

Yea and Brentwoods O line was supposed to dominate Franklins D line as well and look where that got em. Sitting at home thinking woulda shoulda coulda. Doesnt matter what Oakland did last week. If the game was played that way then I could say that Franklin has outscored there opponents 124-39 in these playoffs with one shutout against Hunters Lane. If we are going based on past weeks than Franklin should win big. Not how it works. Oakland will get there chance to run the ball and Franklin will get there chances to stop em. Ooltewah wasnt as good as everyone made em out to be, seen em play, and Franklin is much better than Ooltewah and played against much better teams throughout the season. Not saying that Oakland wont have there big plays but i will say that there wont be many trucks driving through Franklins D this week.

Webb is just as good if not a better DC and if you knew anything about Franklins first game with them they were up at the end of the game and had a fumble a penalty that killed them in the end.

RE=read my post....I said Crawford was ONE of the best DC's in the state. I didn't say the BEST. In my humble opinion, there is no one in the state that is a better DC than DONNIE WEBB. I think the absolute WORLD of the guy!My son played for him in 98 at Oakland when we won the state. There isn't a finer coach or person alive...well except for Marty Euverard!!!! They are TIED in my book as I couldn't choode b/t the two! It is going to be tough to cheer against Donnie......I will be happy no matter who wins and also sad for whoever loses this week. I am excited to see our Srs get to play in this game and for Donnie to make it back again. I would love to see him apply for head coach at Blackman!!!!!