franklin vs oakland

ftballkicker

all i can say is im excited... this is going to be a fun game... you can say franklin o line is weak and oaklands d line is just going to man handle them... the facts are this is one of the best o lines in the state if not the best... they have given up MAYBE 6 sacks all year.. with my boys C WALK and BIG I at tackles there isnt going to be any pressure.. you go inside you still arent going to get any pressure.. i think within the first 5 plays once the o line opens up a huge hole and ford gets to the second level.. runs over your "physical" line backer then breaks your safetys ankle and scampers into the endzone.. you all will realize that maybe you arent as physical as you thought... once that happens the doubt will start creepin into your heads.. i hope your safetys ankle isnt actually broken and i wish good health on everyone... congratulations on getting this far oakland...good luck

Franklin 28

Oakland 7

Good call. Completely dominant last drive. Everybody knew it was run, but it didn't matter. Physically dominated the defense.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oakland and the TSSAA might want to make sure the Patriots' coaching staff is dipping heavily into Big League Chew. Rules are rules, right?!

Maybe they can take that up right after they discuss the jaw full of chew one of the Franklin Coaches had. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Franklin you played a very good game and have NOTHING to hang your heads about. This was a MUCH better team from Franklin than 2004. I sincerely hope y'all have both Ford and your QB back next year so we can do this again as this was one of the better games I have gotten to watch all year. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well I have waited around patiently .....for TEN long years. Count them.....ten. Exactly like I said a few weeks ago. I had no doubt that we would win this game. It was our KARMA!We go in 10 yr cycles, but we have 3 gold balls to show for it. One less than Riverdale, one more than Smyrna, and 3 more than Siegel and Blackman!!

I have endured many moments of taunting, teasing, and abuse on the T, some hysterical laughing , being called an old fool.....etc........and it has finally come to pass. WE ARE THE STATE CHAMPIONS OF 5A!! Congrats to all for hanging in there!

SAM BASS.......you ARE the man!!!!!

I have said for 2 yrs that Bass was the best back we have and he proved me right last night to the WHOLE state.

Congrats to Franklin and to DONNIE WEBB.....I am sorry that you were denied, but you have nothing to hang your head about. Sellers, Ford, and Nichols......you guys played your hearts out!

I do hate that Franklin still had a second on the clock. I don't think it would have mattered but they deserved the try. I also apologize for our idiot fans with the airhorns who blew them at your snap. That is illegal and I went off on the T when FC fans did it to us a few yrs back at their place......and am disturbed that we did it too. I will be the first to say it was WRONG! Winning sometimes brings out some real jerks.

Maybe they can take that up right after they discuss the jaw full of chew one of the Franklin Coaches had. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Franklin you played a very good game and have NOTHING to hang your heads about. This was a MUCH better team from Franklin than 2004. I sincerely hope y'all have both Ford and your QB back next year so we can do this again as this was one of the better games I have gotten to watch all year. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

What's with the constant digs at the 04 team? May I ask what u are comparing them by? Region record? Exact same. Overall record. Exact same. State runner-up. Exact same. Only difference was the quality of opponent we played. Granted Oakland is good but they are no measure of the talent that riverdale put on the field in 04.

What's with the constant digs at the 04 team? May I ask what u are comparing them by? Region record? Exact same. Overall record. Exact same. State runner-up. Exact same. Only difference was the quality of opponent we played. Granted Oakland is good but they are no measure of the talent that riverdale put on the field in 04.

Who cares about the '04 teams?

Well I have waited around patiently .....for TEN long years. Count them.....ten. Exactly like I said a few weeks ago. I had no doubt that we would win this game. It was our KARMA!We go in 10 yr cycles, but we have 3 gold balls to show for it. One less than Riverdale, one more than Smyrna, and 3 more than Siegel and Blackman!!

I have endured many moments of taunting, teasing, and abuse on the T, some hysterical laughing , being called an old fool.....etc........and it has finally come to pass. WE ARE THE STATE CHAMPIONS OF 5A!! Congrats to all for hanging in there!

SAM BASS.......you ARE the man!!!!!

I have said for 2 yrs that Bass was the best back we have and he proved me right last night to the WHOLE state.

Congrats to Franklin and to DONNIE WEBB.....I am sorry that you were denied, but you have nothing to hang your head about. Sellers, Ford, and Nichols......you guys played your hearts out!

I do hate that Franklin still had a second on the clock. I don't think it would have mattered but they deserved the try. I also apologize for our idiot fans with the airhorns who blew them at your snap. That is illegal and I went off on the T when FC fans did it to us a few yrs back at their place......and am disturbed that we did it too. I will be the first to say it was WRONG! Winning sometimes brings out some real jerks.

Well stated 2P, BUT I will take exception with the airhorn because it seemed the FHS band played, loudly, whenever OHS had the ball on offense. I thought any artificial noise makers during play were against the rules?

I just finished watching this game as I recorded it last night. Hard fought game and both teams should be proud of their seasons.

The one thing that I saw on Oakland's final TD really surprised me. The RB was initially stopped and then stopped again. I'm not sure if his forward progress was completely stopped or not but #27 for Franklin stood there and watched while the RB was being stopped both times! If he had only stepped in there and grabbed the RB he wouldn't have been able to put the ball in his other hand and stick it across the goal line.

I really feel bad for that kid because when he watches the replay of that play, he'll know that he could have stopped the TD or possibly stripped the ball away from the RB.

Who cares about the '04 teams?

Well stated 2P, BUT I will take exception with the airhorn because it seemed the FHS band played, loudly, whenever OHS had the ball on offense. I thought any artificial noise makers during play were against the rules?

Our band...shock of all shocks....played while Franklin was on O too. I don't have a problem with the bands playing either way. Blackman's did it all the time and it can be ignored. However, I DO have a problem with the airhorns....as a former player.....they DO cause jumps in really intense moments and the officials or coaches should have stopped the game and taken care of that.

dont know if this was said.. but did anyone notice Franklins offensive line pretty much gave away if they were going to pass or run the ball? They would either get in the 3 point stance if they were going to run the ball or if they were going to pass they wouldnt get in the 3 point stance?

Our band...shock of all shocks....played while Franklin was on O too. I don't have a problem with the bands playing either way. Blackman's did it all the time and it can be ignored. However, I DO have a problem with the airhorns....as a former player.....they DO cause jumps in really intense moments and the officials or coaches should have stopped the game and taken care of that.

I think you are really grasping at straws in reference to the bands and the artificial noisemakers. Players worth their salt will block out all the distractions, no matter what. Nobody really enforces when the band is and isnt supposed to play, so it is fair game. Obviously didnt have much effect on the players as they were few procedure penalties.

What a fantastic game for the state title. I have to admit I was rather disappointed on the running of the clock though. In addition to Fanklin appearing to have 1 secound left on the clock at the end of regulation there was a change of possession after Franklin's last drive of the first half ( I believe it was a stop on downs) when 30+ seconds were allowed to run off the clock which ended really limited the types of plays Oakland could try to run to score. Sad to see the biggest 5A game of the year has such poor clock work by the officials.

I would just like to say how happy I am for the entire OHS program and especially the seniors. Those guys went through a lot of hard work, down times, and heavy doubt from the school (including former teammates who wouldn't put in the work) and community and stuck to it and went out on top. Wanted to give a shout to Amey, Barrett, Bass, Valentine, and Wade for all the plays they have made the last three years and another big shout out for emotional leaders like Summers and Petrone. You guys did someting special that no one can ever take away from you. Can't wait to see the great future of this program, as many great players that have to be replaced there is still a ton of talent on the roster.

Oakland played last night just like they have all year, they found a way to win. From the 4th quarter of the quaterfinals through the end their will to run the football could not be denied, impressive to watch. It's been special to watch and have filled this fan so many great memories I will forever cherish.

Any idea if guys like Amey, Barrett, Bass, and Valentine are getting collegiate looks and if so where?